Need to rant !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
I have just had a rip roaring row with the snottiest little Madam at QVC who really needs to not only learn the trading standard laws in this country but also her own companies regs.

I went on holiday last Monday 24th. I was still awaiting from La Q one item sent out on the 14th & the other on the 17th. Do the maths. Deliveries did not arrive before I left the afternoon of the 24th so outside of their so called stated time of 3-5 working days.When I got home there was the red card ( because I sign for my stuff .... long story ) saying items arrived on the 25th. I have been to the post office to get them today.

I came home & rung QVC & said I wanted P&P back on the 2 items as they had failed to deliver in contracted time.

WELL !!!:angry:

I have been told that they do not state they will deliver in 3-5 days. Then what the hell is this off their site?????

How long is delivery time?For mainland UK, we aim to deliver your items 3-5 working days from the time we have authorised your credit/debit card details or your cheque. However, some items do take a little longer due to their size and weight, and may take up to 30 days to be delivered.

PLEASE NOTE THEY WERE SMALL ITEMS. BOTH COSMETIC.

It got quite heated as she argued & argued with me about this but I stood my ground & in the end she said '' As a gesture of goodwill I will refund the P&P ''. Sactimonious little !!!

WHAT GOODWILL ?? None as far as I am concerned in that I have to argue like the clappers to get back what is rightfully mind. She knows where she can stick her goodwill :mysmilie_503:

I am now waiting for ?? who to call me back. Team leader/ manager / Julia Roberts ??I will be amazed if that goes smoothly.

I begin to feel its just not wiorth the hassle any more dealing with this shower.

Rant over.:headbang:

Last edited:
To be fair it only says they AIM to deliver in 3-5 days and not that they ACTUALLY deliver in that time.

HOWEVER, their P&P charges for even one simple item, like a powder brush, are so overly high that you would expect nothing less than an item to be delivered in 3-5 days. AND NOT SENT OUT SECOND CLASS!!!!!

I used to work for a company that did a lot of mail order. It must have been very frustrating but I think that, in this case, because they say the 'aim' to deliver in that time, they are covered. If they said they 'guaranteed' that delivery time, then it would be different. 'Aiming' won't constitute a 'contract'. I think you were unfortunate in that you hit two weekends during the delivery period (at least on one item) so this added four days to the timescale. Sometimes I get items in two days, other times in seven days (I think that's about what yours were?) and it always seems to take longer over a weekend. I've never thought of asking for the postage charge back - obviously if an item goes missing they refund the whole lot, but I reckon you did pretty well to get a refund at all - you must be very determined (or intimidating LOL!)

Awwww Lilian, I do love a rant, that's cheered me up no end!!
387505.gif

And yes, little items ought to arrive quickly for the amount they charge. Hopefully it will start to get through to them that their P and P is extortionate and gives the impression the service will be a good one.

I hope you had a good holiday
610866.gif

Gosh I wasn't aware that QVC were to refund your postage if your order didn't arrive within 3-5 days.
I could have got £'s back for the late arrival of items.
Could you post a link to their postage refund promise please.

:bandit:

Last edited:
I think that as soon as a CS rep uses the phrase "as a gesture on good will" they've already lost it: the customer's good will that is. There's no likelihood that QVC will ever offer to automatically refund postage for deliveries outside 5 working days but I think it's common sense to graciously refund the customer's p&p before the complaint escalates to the state Lilian has found herself in. THAT is the way to maintain the customers goodwill imho

Lilian I hope you're feeling calmer and I'm sending you a virtual cup of hot sweet tea :coffee:

Jude xx

I think it's common sense to graciously refund the customer's p&p before the complaint escalates to the state Lilian has found herself in. THAT is the way to maintain the customers goodwill imho

And very quickly lose a lot of money once word gets round …
I think a company should apologise for your inconvenience and disappointment. But I doubt very much you'd find many companies who would refund postage under these circumstances.
I have to say when I've rung re a delayed package, I've always found QVC CS very helpful, polite and friendly. Perhaps it was a bad day for the person Lilian encountered?

Gosh I wasn't aware that QVC were to refund your postage if your order didn't arrive within 3-5 days.
I could have got £'s back for the late arrival of items.
Could you post a link to their postage refund promise please.:bandit:

Click here for the page referring to delivery - it's at number 10 on the page.

It does say clearly "we aim to " so I think they will always argue this with you.

Click here for the page referring to delivery - it's at number 10 on the page.

It does say clearly "we aim to " so I think they will always argue this with you.

I maybe wrong but I can't see anywhere it saying they will refund your postage costs should your items not arrive within 5 days.
I would have thought if that was the case they and most certainly many other companies would now have gone under after the postal / courier delivery delays over the Christmas period due to the bad weather.

I would imagine the word "AIM" is there to imply that they can in no way guarantee delivery in 3 - 5 days. Whilst I realise the P&P is extortionate and it really SHOULD arrive quickly, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable demanding a refund if it didn't arrive within a timescale they were only aiming for.

If it'd said "We guarantee all deliveries will arrive within 3 - 5 working days or your money back" then I would certainly be on the phone, but to be honest, I can kind of see the CS rep's point, as it doesn't seem to say that (as far as I can see).

They can't guarantee a date, once the item leaves the comfort of QVC land, delivery is in the hands of the gods.

My sister sent me a first class recorded letter week before last on Tuesday, it arrive on my doorstep on the Saturday – courtesy of Royal Mail, their service is very hit and miss round here

I can understand your frustration, but I think they are covered by the 'aim' which is not a guarantee. I don't think I have EVER had anything arrive within 3 - 5 days via Royal Mail, usually takes at least 7 working days and I am often waiting 2 weeks (including the weekends) & that includes make-up and jewellery. Larger items which are sent via my Hermes courier DO usually turn up quickly, often the next day.

I am getting increasingly frustrated by the slow delivery time (I waited nearly a month for some items ordered just before Xmas and the weather where I live was not bad, post was being delivered as usual) AND by the huge boxes they pack small items in. Recently received an Ojon Mascara in a massive box full of shredded papery type stuff, it was like a lucky dip trying to even find the product!! Why can't they just use a jiffy bag FGS :taphead:

I have defended the high P&P in the past as I do take advantage of the MBG on make-up/beauty products so was prepared to pay higher P&P to have the option to return an unsuitable item. But the whole scenario of waiting ages for items to even leave the warehouse, & then being sent second class in unnecessarily vast boxes is really starting to pee me off :angry:

I bet you made her day, demanding something that you're not actually entitled to. 'Aim to', is very different to 'guarantee it'.

Well I'm sorry to dissapoint all of you but I had a manager call me back this afternoon full of apologies for the way I had been treated & telling me that I was perfectly correct in what I had said. BTW did you all know that calls are now being recorded? About 1 in 5 & luckily mine was recorded so he heard what had happened.

I also got the P&P back on both items.

Having checked all this out with Trading Standards months ago I was aware of what I was doing.

Well I'm sorry to dissapoint all of you but I had a manager call me back this afternoon full of apologies for the way I had been treated & telling me that I was perfectly correct in what I had said. BTW did you all know that calls are now being recorded? About 1 in 5 & luckily mine was recorded so he heard what had happened.

I also got the P&P back on both items.

Having checked all this out with Trading Standards months ago I was aware of what I was doing.

I'm pleased you have managed to secure the refund of your postage of your late delivered items.
If possible could you please post some details regarding the requirements of delivery enforced by trading standards, I tried to look for information but couldn't get any.
It's as well you were previously prepared, and luckly you had proof of the late arrival of your items.
I don't know how late postal deliveries are going to be monitored by QVC if parcels are just pushed though the letter box without a signature, required by the Royal Mail.

:thinking:

I should think QVC will be inundated with people demanding their P&P back if they haven't received their items within 3-5 days.
I also don't inderstand how you can prove that you haven't received it unless it is recorded or registered.

Lillian doesn't mention why she signs for all her parcels that is of course her personal information.
Aside from any requirements by the trading standards for the refund of postage it's just a thought though I don't think QVC will refund too many P&P costs on the same account, without ensuring in the future they require a signature for all the accounts orders.

:flower:

I am always in 2 minds about QVC's p&p. Today I took an amazon delivery of emu's, which cost me £76 instead of QVC's £118+. No p&p charge, and free return (very sad that despite ordering a size down they were MASSIVE on me. I immediately boxed them up, was super super careful with them. With QVC, had they been a little tight, I could have worn them for a couple of weeks to see if they were ok, couldn't do that with Amazon. I think THAT is what some of the high p&p charges cover. I also agree that they made no GUARANTEE to deliver within a framework, and if you do get refunded then it really will be a gesture of goodwill.

I suppose it depends who you speak to at customer services and how forceful you put your case across. If someone just accepts that their P&P won't be refunded straight away QVC aren't going to insist.

Latest posts

Back