NC10 Notebook - arrived quickly and going back just as quickly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just tried it, love it its so small, everything works, only one problem, I ordered blue and they sent black, rang customer services and yes I did order blue, but sorry blue has now sold out, do I want a refund, so looks like I'm having black.

Just looked on the website now and the blue one is in stock:33:

Just looked on the website now and the blue one is in stock:33:

mmm probably just hoping I cant be bothered to send it back, and they are right, I would have liked the blue, but it doesn't really matter, does it

I'm impressed so far

Spoke to CS this afternoon and they informed me a NEW white one is on its way to me (dispatched today) for delivery tomorrow. I still have the one with the broken touchpad which they will collect at a later time. I asked them about the P & P and the CS surpervisor promised me that the high postage was down to Samsung and not QVC. Its coming direct from Samsung and that is their charge. I asked how come with all QVC's buying power they couldnt do anything about it and she said, they tried but Samsung wouldnt budge.

Looking foward to tomorrow. Actually not sure why I'm getting so excited, I already have a desktop and laptop( although thats from work ), this is just another toy I guess.

PS, if anyone going to buy Office 2003 or 2007? be aware that the lower cost student version of 2007 doesnt incude outlook

a tip - when going through the set up process for windows, it asks you what sort of keyboard youre using and gives you a drop dowb list of countriesd with a tip "for standard english keyboard choose U.S"

i chose U.S as suggested, carried on with the registration procedure and found right at the end that i couldnt use the @ key, it was putting an \ instead. tried everything and could NOT find how to switch the @ button so that it made @ appear. Finally clicked back back back until the keyboard selection screen, found UK, changed it and everything was fine!

just in case you fall into the same trap...!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Not being able to type @ has been driving me mad!!!

Em xxx

Can anybody tell me how long it was before the first instalment of easy-pay was took from their account? I have not received my netbook yet and my order is still showing as 'in progress' but i am sure that the money was took from my bank account the day after the TSV was aired:33:

Another question whats supposed to be on the key, I've put mine in and it says the office thing is free for thirty days or I have to enter a serial number which came in the package and I cant find one, dont know why I'm bothered really I dont think I would use it for office type stuff probably just for internet, just wondered what I should have

Another question whats supposed to be on the key, I've put mine in and it says the office thing is free for thirty days or I have to enter a serial number which came in the package and I cant find one, dont know why I'm bothered really I dont think I would use it for office type stuff probably just for internet, just wondered what I should have

There are a couple of bits of paper that should be in the plastic sticky thing the USB dongle was in. The serial numbers for the office suite and the protection stuff are both printed on them :)

Oh, just a note - I found my machine automatically defaulted to English (Zimbabwe) for currency and date display. I have no idea why it did that but if it happens go to Start, Control Panel, Regional and you can change it there.

If its too good to be true...its usually not true

seems my replacement may not have been shipped today afterall. Had a call this morning from the "tracking" departemnt asking me when they could come and collect my faulty laptop; oh and they had no record of any replacement. After much discussion and several calls, I am no clearer to knowing what is happening. All I know for certain is that someone is lying, and when I find out who, they wil be named and shamed!

Last edited:
If its too good to be true...its usually not true

seems my replacement may not have been shipped today afterall. Had a call this morning from the "tracking" departemnt asking me when they could come and collect my faulty laptop; oh and they had no record of any replacement. After much discussion and several calls, I am no clearer to knowing what is happening. All I know for certain is that someone is lying, and when I find out who, they wil be named and shamed!

This is just so typical of QVC, remember the iQon debarcle, keep at them Red and let us knows what happens.

Latest posts

Back