NC10 Notebook - arrived quickly and going back just as quickly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
I am so disappointed. My beloved white notebook arrived today and after spending a fair amount of time setting up just how I like computers to work I realised the touch pad is knackered. Went through the usual with QVC..blah blah blah, spoke to Samsung who went through some steps with me and agreed that yep, its faulty and mine is THE ONLY ONE ever to have had this problem and now its back to QVC for a replacement. And I bet all the money i have down the back of the sofa that they dont have one in stock!

its just not fair..............................

Ps - should I just get back my money from qvc and pop along to PC world instead?

I agree..if you can pay for it in one go, PC World have it for £322.96 with free delivery.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/339569

Dixons (that's where I got mine a few weeks ago) have it at £318.01 also with free delivery. You can also try to use the discount code HAPPY5 at the checkout until midnight tonight to get a 5% discount on orders over £99! (That would bring it to £302.11 with free postage!)
http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=339569&category_oid=

If you want to wait, Amazon have it on pre-order for £292.37!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GZGEJO/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I am so disappointed. My beloved white notebook arrived today and after spending a fair amount of time setting up just how I like computers to work I realised the touch pad is knackered.

How disappointing Red. I'm so sorry. This is the kind of thing that happens to me a lot.

I once ordered a Vye mini-computer from Dabs. They said it was B grade -- it had been sold, the box opened, but not used.

It arrived, and I was so excited. Then I discovered that it was password protected. When I finally got through to them they admitted, cautiously, that perhaps the previous owner hadn't been entirely frank with them... Of course, they didn't have the password, and the whole thing had to go back.

I would see if they've got a replacement in the white, and if not, cut your losses and get it from Amazon.

It will be wonderful when you finally do get your paws on it!

I'm sorry to hear that your Samsung is faulty. It's very disappointing but if they are claiming yours is the only one to have a problem with the touch pad then I suggest they may care to read the avforums where they will find others who have had the same fault.

I am waiting impatiently for delivery of my 2 units. I was so sure when I saw the promotions that the deal would be very competitive but with the outrageous p&p it's anything but special. The only reason I parted with £52.50 for delivery was the opportunity to take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee. I have just checked the status of my order and it is showing as 'in process' whatever that means.

The NC10 has received so many excellent reviews I really thought QVC would have a deal that would blow the opposition away. It's still available but including delivery it will cost you almost £380 which is crazy. Anyway, back on topic, I hope you get a replacement quickly.

wow !! qvc just called me and said they managed to get hold of another white notebook ( not a returned one)and they would have it despatched for me tomorrow on a 24hour delivery.

If they are as good as their word, I will be very impressed. Will keep you posted:1:

Mine says dispached so I might just get it tomorrow, I just hope it lives up to expectations, I'm really looking forward to getting it, its OH's christmas present to me, but I might have to have ago with it in case it has to back, if anybody else gets theirs can you let me know what you think
If you're reading this Perdita do you like yours, and is the webb cam thingy any good

wow !! qvc just called me and said they managed to get hold of another white notebook ( not a returned one)and they would have it despatched for me tomorrow on a 24hour delivery.

If they are as good as their word, I will be very impressed. Will keep you posted:1:

Well done them :)

If you're reading this Perdita do you like yours, and is the webb cam thingy any good

Hi Lucy-loo! I absolutely love mine..it's very neat and dinky as BurlyBear said!
I've had it out and about once so far and it attracted some very favourable comments too.

I've had no problems at all with the touchpad...other than the fact that I've never used one before and find it has slowed me down considerably! ( I actually bought myself a mini wireless laser mouse for £5 from ebay ...it's really small and cute and the usb plug-in stashes away inside the mouse itself when not in use!)

Haven't used the webcam yet as I am camera shy. What I can say is that, when I accidentally switched on the camera and caught an unexpected look at myself on screen..it was horrifyingly accurate and a very clear picture!!!! :11:

What a shame - at least you should get a replacement very soon!

Em xxx

I am so disappointed. My beloved white notebook arrived today and after spending a fair amount of time setting up just how I like computers to work I realised the touch pad is knackered. Went through the usual with QVC..blah blah blah, spoke to Samsung who went through some steps with me and agreed that yep, its faulty and mine is THE ONLY ONE ever to have had this problem and now its back to QVC for a replacement. And I bet all the money i have down the back of the sofa that they dont have one in stock!

its just not fair..............................

Ps - should I just get back my money from qvc and pop along to PC world instead?

If they don't have another in stock and can't get you one, ask for some form of compensation. This happened to me with a jacket. They sent the wrong colour and there were no more available so they gave me a £5 credit on my account (in addition to the refund and refund of P&P). At the price of the notebook you deserve a bit more than £5.

Hi Lucy-loo! I absolutely love mine..it's very neat and dinky as BurlyBear said!
I've had it out and about once so far and it attracted some very favourable comments too.

I've had no problems at all with the touchpad...other than the fact that I've never used one before and find it has slowed me down considerably! ( I actually bought myself a mini wireless laser mouse for £5 from ebay ...it's really small and cute and the usb plug-in stashes away inside the mouse itself when not in use!)

Haven't used the webcam yet as I am camera shy. What I can say is that, when I accidentally switched on the camera and caught an unexpected look at myself on screen..it was horrifyingly accurate and a very clear picture!!!! :11:

Thanks Perdita mines just arrived so I will l;et you know how I get on, think the mouse is agood idae I'm not very good with touch pads

Ooh, I'm getting excited now - mine's also marked as despatched. I'm out all day tomorrow though and I bet anything it'll turn up when I'm not here! And for those that wonder - I said I wasn't buying this because of the P&P, well, I didn't - my parents bought it as my Christmas gift :)

Just tried it, love it its so small, everything works, only one problem, I ordered blue and they sent black, rang customer services and yes I did order blue, but sorry blue has now sold out, do I want a refund, so looks like I'm having black.

a tip - when going through the set up process for windows, it asks you what sort of keyboard youre using and gives you a drop dowb list of countriesd with a tip "for standard english keyboard choose U.S"

i chose U.S as suggested, carried on with the registration procedure and found right at the end that i couldnt use the @ key, it was putting an \ instead. tried everything and could NOT find how to switch the @ button so that it made @ appear. Finally clicked back back back until the keyboard selection screen, found UK, changed it and everything was fine!

just in case you fall into the same trap...!

Latest posts

Back