Nails Inc TSV - 21/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Received my set yesterday and really pleased with all the colours. I am so tempted to open the glitter one as the colours are beautiful in it but the faff of taking it off is putting me off and thinking it's headed for some lucky person on Ebay. I do wish they would make some miracle remover for the glitter polishes. Heather replied to a viewer's question that she gets hers off easily with the Express remover but I don't think she was telling the absolute truth personally.

Received my set yesterday and really pleased with all the colours. I am so tempted to open the glitter one as the colours are beautiful in it but the faff of taking it off is putting me off and thinking it's headed for some lucky person on Ebay. I do wish they would make some miracle remover for the glitter polishes. Heather replied to a viewer's question that she gets hers off easily with the Express remover but I don't think she was telling the absolute truth personally.

A really good way to remove glitter polishes is to soak a cotton pad/nail wipe in remover and wrap a piece of kitchen foil around it tightly. I find after three or four minutes the polish comes away really easily.

My polishes arrived yesterday morning and I've already painted on Brunswick Gardens (the nude). It looks really classy and very glossy.

I was at the beauty bash yesterday speaking to Julie from OPI (she was very nice and easy to chat to), she said OPI are bringing out a base coat especially for glitter varnish, she said it will just "pop off". Don't know how soon it will be out.

I was at the beauty bash yesterday speaking to Julie from OPI (she was very nice and easy to chat to), she said OPI are bringing out a base coat especially for glitter varnish, she said it will just "pop off". Don't know how soon it will be out.

Now that sounds interesting - would love it to be true, as taking glitter varnish off, as has already been said, is a pain and puts me off using it.

I would definitely give that a go but if the glitter polish will come off that easily, surely that implies it won't have staying power while you want it to. Thanks for the info though, Cooper.

I don't think she was either (even though I like her and usually hang on her every word!). It might work if you stick each finger in the pot for a minute or more at a time, in the same way it does putting foil around remover-soaked cotton wool to hold it on the nail for a good soaking.

I would definitely give that a go but if the glitter polish will come off that easily, surely that implies it won't have staying power while you want it to. Thanks for the info though, Cooper.

Yes, sorry should've also mentioned that I did ask Julie how long it would last on the nail, but she said she didn't know yet. So they must still be testing it, could be a while before it's released.

That sounds like a great idea! A lot of the time I really only want to do the glitters for a couple of days or a specific event, so this would be fine. I have, occasionally, applied it over the top of a peel-off polish, but then it really will only last a few hours!

That sounds like a great idea! A lot of the time I really only want to do the glitters for a couple of days or a specific event, so this would be fine. I have, occasionally, applied it over the top of a peel-off polish, but then it really will only last a few hours!

I wonder how it will differ from using a basecoat? It will be interesting to see.
I bet all the big nail polish companies are battling each other to bring a glitter remover out first

Heather didn't give any details of what she is going to be doing. She promised to update people on Twitter but couldn't remember her own Twitter account name because she doesn't use it often - so not sure when we will find out! Anyway, they introduced the new presenter who will be on QVC, an Irish lady with long dark hair - think she may have been on before.

Her linkedin profile now states her new job! :wink:

Her linkedin profile now states her new job! :wink:

she's gone to Philip Kingsley lol didn't see that coming, Be interesting to see if they ever allow her to appear on air , as they wouldn't let Lorraine from SBC back on air with a different brand

Wonder if she got the job through the contact at QVC or through her husband?

she's gone to Philip Kingsley lol didn't see that coming, Be interesting to see if they ever allow her to appear on air , as they wouldn't let Lorraine from SBC back on air with a different brand

But I think Lorraine was with a competing brand, wasn't she? Philip Kingsley is very different to Nails Inc (except they both have products to take care of cuticles!)

But I think Lorraine was with a competing brand, wasn't she? Philip Kingsley is very different to Nails Inc (except they both have products to take care of cuticles!)

When Lorraine posted about it she said that Qvc would not allow a guest back with any other brand, so i assume that means across the board not only just another skincare brand.

Just found what she wrote

''Sadly I cannot go back to QVC as their policy is to not allow presenters to return with another brand – even my own! However I am in talks with another shopping channel so I hope that you and other customers will be prepared to view another channel and not just QVC''

http://lorrainewinslade.com/2010/06/08/i-will-be-back-an-open-letter/

Certain people have been assigned other brands, but I imagine if someone went straight from one to another it might make them seem less of an expert in a particular area. Besides which, Philip Kingsley already have a pretty good guest.

A really good way to remove glitter polishes is to soak a cotton pad/nail wipe in remover and wrap a piece of kitchen foil around it tightly. I find after three or four minutes the polish comes away really easily.

My polishes arrived yesterday morning and I've already painted on Brunswick Gardens (the nude). It looks really classy and very glossy.

Good tip, I only started using glitter polishes a few weeks ago and have noticed that the surface of my nails are quite rough with little nicks here and there. Feels as though I've used a knife on them!

Latest posts

Back