Nails Inc TSV 19/7/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hate Sprinkles! I bought Sugar House Lane in town (sort of Porchester Square with black, grey and silver bits in it) in anticipation of my TSV arriving. It looks awful on my nails. Its very matte looking (despite putting a coat of Seche Vite on). It makes my nails look grubby and untidy. Just another nail gimmick that looks cheap and tacky - like the crackle and magnetic polishes. I'll be putting the Sprinkles one in the TSV straight onto Ebay or in The Drop. Really disappointed.

I have to agree with you Flamenco. I am a big nail girl/woman/old bat and i don't like nail art of any description. Thats why I have not bought a Nails Inc TSV for a long time and i used to be so excited about them. It seems with crackle, magnetic glitter etc, the companies are trying to outdo each other with the next 'big thing'. Maybe if I was younger, they might appeal more. I don't think Leighton has ventured into crackle/magnetic when OPI and Nails Inc launched them (unless I am mistaken). Still, there are plenty of colours around with the various companies to keep us going. I have just bought my first Sally Hanson polish. The colour is beautiful and the quality is good too. I usually only buy Nails Inc or more recently OPI.

I'm nail mad too....I actually love all the glitter..I find it makes a nice "hard" longer lasting top coat...but sometimes theres too much glitter.I have a few polishes of glitter and thats enough for me.I have passed up some Nails Inc TSV's with regret....I was staying loyal to OPI in those days,but this last recent TSV is not one I regret...I love all the colours but not necessarily all the effects...

are the sprinkles just another glitter varnish? how would you describe them in comparison? I saw the OPI Minnie Mouse collection the other day with the glittery hearts one and they were going through picking them out and placing them on the nails, its not fiddly like that is it? couldn't be ars*d with all that faffin, paint on and twinkle and go for me ...

Sprinkles are strange, not glittery sparkly stuff. the beige from Nails inc website which isn't the same as the beigey one in yesterday's TSV reminds me of that stuff in B& Q called Plasticote, there is no shine to it. it covers well but it is a nightmare and I mean a nightmare to get off, even with a basecoat . it chips really easy too. I put my basecoat on first then my sprinkles just before going to bed so they wouldn't get smudged. got up the next day and they looked good. got on a train to London, went to a show and by the time I came out of the theatre they had chipped quite badly. I hadn't done any housework, pots or anything, the most use my hand had that day were carrying my handbag and raising a glass to my lips. I'm gutted I wasted my money on 2 bottles of sprinkles

I have to agree with you Flamenco. I am a big nail girl/woman/old bat and i don't like nail art of any description. Thats why I have not bought a Nails Inc TSV for a long time and i used to be so excited about them. It seems with crackle, magnetic glitter etc, the companies are trying to outdo each other with the next 'big thing'. Maybe if I was younger, they might appeal more. I don't think Leighton has ventured into crackle/magnetic when OPI and Nails Inc launched them (unless I am mistaken). Still, there are plenty of colours around with the various companies to keep us going. I have just bought my first Sally Hanson polish. The colour is beautiful and the quality is good too. I usually only buy Nails Inc or more recently OPI.

I bought a gorgeous Sally Hanson polish in Boyes for a quid and it is one of the best if not the best lasting polish I have. I have a few nails inc and I really think they are over rated and don't last very long. I have some of the magnetic ones and find they fade in a couple of days and the sprinkles chip. i think OPI have got a bit boring. I spent some time last night on you tube watch people do various effects on their nails, someone did a gorgeous night sky with a sponge and someone did a string effect which was clever

Oh I'm so angry. QVC completely messed up shipping of my NI tsv and now I'm not going to get it. If there's any chance anyone's returning theirs ill gladly buy it from you and pay postage. Thanks x

Would have happily sent you my TSV but posted it back today, you probably wont want to hear this but i think you have not missed much, i was very dissapointed with mine, the colours did not seem to have the same depth of colour they looked like they had when shown on TV. The purple was very thin ( i think someone has already commented on here about that)and the glitters were not brilliant either. The only one that i did like was Jill Franks's favourite and i can live without that. I am not sure Nails Inc or OPI are any better than any other varnishes you can buy elsewhere for a lot less, and the Opi tsvs are usually boring, Nails inc do some lovely colours but they still chip very quickly on me, I must have dodgy nails, am having a go with Nail Envy to see if that helps them, any tips for stronger less brittle nails from anyone on here would be appreciated!
:nod:

you probably wont want to hear this but i think you have not missed much, i was very dissapointed with mine
haha that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Better that than missing out on a really good collection!! I already have and love Porchester. It's just fab with electric lane. Thanks for your reply xx

Sprinkles are strange, not glittery sparkly stuff. the beige from Nails inc website which isn't the same as the beigey one in yesterday's TSV reminds me of that stuff in B& Q called Plasticote, there is no shine to it. it covers well but it is a nightmare and I mean a nightmare to get off
. To be fair much was made on the day by presenters, guest and models about the different texture of the sprinkles polishes and that the flitters were matted down. As well as that they were going to take more effort to remove. I rather like that effect and think it goes well with summer linens and cheesecloths. I can't speak for longevity yet, but as someone whose nails are 'losing' polish very easily at the moment I do think they're doing well so far.

Latest posts

Back