Nails Inc TSV 18th October

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I thought Jilly looks pretty good. The wavy hair suits her. The "hand model" is making a pigs ear out of applying the polishes. I don't like the TSV colours at all, but I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

Jilly used to model the Molton Browners (like the old rag hair rolls) in her teens I seem to remember.

Jude xx

Yes, I thought Jilly looks pretty good. The wavy hair suits her. The "hand model" is making a pigs ear out of applying the polishes. I don't like the TSV colours at all, but I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

I was just thinking the same thing Flamenco - I'm just watching the launch hour on +1 and despite thinking I probably wouldn't go for it when I saw what it was going to be on here I was slightly tempted till I saw what a dogs dinner it looked on whatshernames mitts - what's the point of her being there anyway? They've got a proper nail technician painting someones paws to show the colours on, why do we need her sitting there doing it as well???

Feel the same

I am soooo DONE with glitters and sprinkles. Nightmare to remove and I go through bottles of nail polish remover and cotton wool pads to get the stuff off. Then I hardly wear them because of this, and end up flogging them all on Ebay to get rid of. Moral of the story for me is to not get sucked it by the pretty colours and the sales spiel about what phenomenal value the kit is and not buy it in the first place. I think I'll avoid tuning in that day to avoid temptation as will only regret it later.

As the title says;;; Am with you there Flamenco, I feel the same way, those glitters etc are a nightmare and I end up picking them off my nails instead. They look lovely when first done, but, as I am constantly finding with Nails Inc, they chip more easily than LD or OPI even with top coat on. Cannot be done with spending ages getting them all done then 1 day later finding chips out and having to either put up with it or TRY to remove it... I too, have now sold the glitters on ebay and will not buy anymore, not even their usual range. Think I will stick to OPI as it lasts. Also trying China Glaze too which seems to be pretty good lasting too.

I was going to resist until I saw the pictures of the AD. I have been looking for a duck egg blue and the grey/lilac looks gorgeous. I like 4 out of 7 of this delivery so I'll probably just sell the ones i don't particularly like....... Now to confess to my hubby that I have bought yet more nail varnish ...oops

I was just thinking the same thing Flamenco - I'm just watching the launch hour on +1 and despite thinking I probably wouldn't go for it when I saw what it was going to be on here I was slightly tempted till I saw what a dogs dinner it looked on whatshernames mitts - what's the point of her being there anyway? They've got a proper nail technician painting someones paws to show the colours on, why do we need her sitting there doing it as well???

I quite like seeing the models apply the polish themselves. I know having the nail technician do it shows the nail polish off to best advantage, they are the professionals after all. But I think you get a better idea of the result you might achieve at home when the model applies it herself - personally I feel I get a better idea of the ease of using the brush, the coverage/consistency of the polish. I've never ever seen Leighton Denny let anyone other than himself or his model Nina apply his range which tends to make me question it.

I quite like seeing the models apply the polish themselves. I know having the nail technician do it shows the nail polish off to best advantage, they are the professionals after all. But I think you get a better idea of the result you might achieve at home when the model applies it herself - personally I feel I get a better idea of the ease of using the brush, the coverage/consistency of the polish. I've never ever seen Leighton Denny let anyone other than himself or his model Nina apply his range which tends to make me question it.

I was going to say the same. The girl (Emma?) last night may not have done a great job but I don't see the point of watching professionals paint someone else's nails - except just to see the colours on. What I dislike more, though, is (as with Elemis, Gatineau, Decleor, etc) watching beauticians carry out facials and treatments on some model lying on a bed. How can you possibly apply the face creams with all the massaging movements they do without your arms behind your head?!

As the title says;;; Am with you there Flamenco, I feel the same way, those glitters etc are a nightmare and I end up picking them off my nails instead. They look lovely when first done, but, as I am constantly finding with Nails Inc, they chip more easily than LD or OPI even with top coat on. Cannot be done with spending ages getting them all done then 1 day later finding chips out and having to either put up with it or TRY to remove it... I too, have now sold the glitters on ebay and will not buy anymore, not even their usual range. Think I will stick to OPI as it lasts. Also trying China Glaze too which seems to be pretty good lasting too.

Is that just the 'glitters', or is that the 'sprinkles' as well? (I hate the 'glitters' but I rather like the look of some of the 'sprinkles', not for me but for the DDs!)

I think Emma does a very good job considering she is not a professional and is having to work very quickly. I am never impressed with Vanessa who is the manicurist that is usually on, thought the girl they had on the last shows was much better.

I like glitter........I probably look like mutton dressed as lamb with them on but I do like them

When Leighton paints the model's nails he applies very thick coats which in real life would simply never dry. Certain of his colours are very slow to cure as it is but there's no way I could paint the way he does on air and not smudge or dent the surface even a couple of hours later.

Jude xx

When Leighton paints the model's nails he applies very thick coats which in real life would simply never dry. Certain of his colours are very slow to cure as it is but there's no way I could paint the way he does on air and not smudge or dent the surface even a couple of hours later.

Jude xx

I need polish to give good coverage in thin layers that are quick drying, because I'm really bad for smudging my nails. Even on the odd occasion that I have a professional manicure I can virtually guarantee I've smudged/dented it five minutes later - usually opening the car door or fastening the seatbelt - when will I learn? Either I'm not careful enough or too impatient - or both!:giggle:

I usually have to apply at least three coats of whatever I use because I have really White tips to my nails. Seche Vite really helps to speed up the drying process.

My nail polish never lasts more than three or four days and I think my whacking on three coats might not help.

I don't like my white tips showing through, but I find the pink Nail Envy works well without adding extra layers; if I use a clear base coat I'd need 3 coats of colour on top then a top coat....five layers can just lift off like a false nail if there's any way for water or handcream to get underneath.

Jude xx

Oh that's a good idea Jude. I'll give that a go. ChipSkip helps extend my manicure by a day or two.

I don't like my white tips showing through, but I find the pink Nail Envy works well without adding extra layers; if I use a clear base coat I'd need 3 coats of colour on top then a top coat....five layers can just lift off like a false nail if there's any way for water or handcream to get underneath.

Jude xx

Thank you for this tip, Akimbo:bear:

I hope it works, mind you I can do a set of nails and have them last a week, but then do exactly the same another time and they'll peel or chip in less than 24 hours. I leave a good 20-30 mins between coats (watching a run of soaps or a film on TV) and that helps.

Can I say, I was going to suggest playing "Nail Area Bingo" ..ever time AY says this phrase you down a shot of something but after the first 15 minutes I realised this could potentially be life-threatening! Where the **** else would you apply nail polish Ali???

Jude xx

I need polish to give good coverage in thin layers that are quick drying, because I'm really bad for smudging my nails. Even on the odd occasion that I have a professional manicure I can virtually guarantee I've smudged/dented it five minutes later - usually opening the car door or fastening the seatbelt - when will I learn? Either I'm not careful enough or too impatient - or both!:giggle:

Redcarpet gel manicure solved my smudging problems. Just love it. I haven't tried the method where the base coat of the gel is applied, then 2 layers of your normal nail varnish and then a gel top coat. I would probably still smudge it as I wouldn't be patient enough to let the 2 coats dry enough.

I'm getting 10 days out of the Redcarpetmanicure which is pretty good considering I'm using a computer keyboard all day. When I was on holiday I got 16 days.

Latest posts

Back