Nails Inc: Moan/Review.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JacquelineMammaof4

Guest Shopper
What are other people's opinion on this brand? I did my nails 2 days ago...(proper routine - base, colour then top coat) and already half of them are chipped and ruined. Now, I'm not one to whinge :cheeky: ................. but if I pay that much for a flippin nail polish, I expect it to last longer than that!! My Rimmel Lasting Finish at least gives me 3 or 4 days and that's only about £3.....lesson learned for me I think!:taphead:

That doesnt sound good Jacquline - i'm a big fan of all the QVC nail brands and my favourite is...........Nails inc!! - i, on average, get about five days from my manicure, i do as you have said nail prep with buffer and OPI Chip Skip then a base coat,two thin coats of polish/lacquer and then top coat, i reapply my top coat at least once during the week - i normally use Nails inc Kensington Caviar top and base coat. At the moment i'm wearing Leighton Denny's Heiress and i've had it on for the last week and a half and its still going strong i've just had to top up my nail tips(i use a computer all day). I think that manicures(we've debated it many times on here) are a hit or a miss and can come down to the individual nailbed being able to "hold" the polish/laquer. I've always loved the quality of NI,OPI and LD - i find that NI is the best value on QVC at the moment. By the way i'm no lady of leisure - cleaning/tidying and doing dishes is my speciality!! Welcome to ST.comx

That doesnt sound good Jacquline - i'm a big fan of all the QVC nail brands and my favourite is...........Nails inc!! - i, on average, get about five days from my manicure, i do as you have said nail prep with buffer and OPI Chip Skip then a base coat,two thin coats of polish/lacquer and then top coat, i reapply my top coat at least once during the week - i normally use Nails inc Kensington Caviar top and base coat. At the moment i'm wearing Leighton Denny's Heiress and i've had it on for the last week and a half and its still going strong i've just had to top up my nail tips(i use a computer all day). I think that manicures(we've debated it many times on here) are a hit or a miss and can come down to the individual nailbed being able to "hold" the polish/laquer. I've always loved the quality of NI,OPI and LD - i find that NI is the best value on QVC at the moment. By the way i'm no lady of leisure - cleaning/tidying and doing dishes is my speciality!! Welcome to ST.comx

Same here princess. Got 3 month old twin boys to see to, a 4 yr old and a six year old too! My nails get quite a bashing :smile:

For me it varies. If I use a Nails Inc colour from QVC that you can also buy on the high Street then it can last 5-6 days. If I use a Nails Inc colour that "was created especially for QVC and not available anywhere else" then 2-3 days if I'm lucky. I've come to the conclusion that the "specially for QVC" ones use a cheaper formula. That is the only explanation i can think of. Anyone else found this?

I agree scruff. I have 'proper Nails Inc' ones that last longer. Boots is doing a promo at the moment where if you buy 2 bottles of diet coke you get a free Nails Inc polish and the one I got didn't even last a day without chipping! Mind you, you cant expect them to just give away £11-£12 a time for 2 bottles of pop so I guess that one will be cheaper.

Hi Jacqueline and Scruff - Firstly Jacqueline you deserve a medal never mind a manicure that stays!! your family sounds lovely albeit alot of hard work ,enjoy(or at least try to eh!!)xx Like you and Scruff i have been suspicious of "made for QVC" colours i especially found this when i bought the "starlett" TSV from Leighton Denny last year - i could not get "madison" to set? however i received a free Nails inc Jermyn St with my Glamour mag(as many others did) and that is fantastic - my theory makes no sense. I notice on the Nails inc website that they have brought out four "new" black polishes - how many blacks are in the spectrum(thats if black is actually in the spectrum?) - as i said its a hit or a miss(a very expensive miss at times!!) - Nails inc are saying that blacks and darks are all the rage this year but others are saying lighter "ice cream" colours are it - confusing eh!!

I agree scruff. I have 'proper Nails Inc' ones that last longer. Boots is doing a promo at the moment where if you buy 2 bottles of diet coke you get a free Nails Inc polish and the one I got didn't even last a day without chipping! Mind you, you cant expect them to just give away £11-£12 a time for 2 bottles of pop so I guess that one will be cheaper.

They are not full size bottles, well the ones I seen in Boots.

I don't rate Nails Inc at all. Now I only wear polish on my toes but Essie and OPI last a good two weeks for me.

They are not full size bottles, well the ones I seen in Boots.

I don't rate Nails Inc at all. Now I only wear polish on my toes but Essie and OPI last a good two weeks for me.

I think the same regarding Nails Inc. I've used quite a few brands over the years but professionally and personally only use OPI now. Manicures and pedicures really last.

:nod:

There's no rhyme or reason to my nails and the length a polish will stay on, even if I did a spreadsheet I'd see no pattern. I would say that the OPI Nails Inc and LD have all made excuses for their matt polishes not lasting as long as glossy colours do, but I've just bought a couple of matt Avon polishes (@£3.50 each) and with matt nail envy on top they last about 4 days before the free edge wears off.

Jude xx

There's no rhyme or reason to my nails and the length a polish will stay on, even if I did a spreadsheet I'd see no pattern. I would say that the OPI Nails Inc and LD have all made excuses for their matt polishes not lasting as long as glossy colours do, but I've just bought a couple of matt Avon polishes (@£3.50 each) and with matt nail envy on top they last about 4 days before the free edge wears off.

Jude xx

Well, to be fair, Jude, if the edge is free, you must expect it to wear off. Have you noticed any difference with an edge that's paid for?

It's the lacquer we've paid twice for that worry me :blush:

J x

Now there you have a definite point, me deario. Bit much to pay twice for polish that is unable to withstand a bit of vinegar, and has rebellious edges, albeit free. Do Nails Inc realise that there are still such things as strong letters to the Times, hmmm? I feel a Miffed of Manchester letter boiling up in me waters, though to be fair, that could just be due to me meds...

Hi Jacqueline, I too found Nails inc. products to come off very easily when I first started to use them, especially the darker shades (it seemed). Some colours were fine which I tended to stick with and the darker colours I used to layer with other brands, they always tell you not to do that but it worked ok for me and also put an extra layer on, I ended up with 4 layers of colours on some which sounds crazy but it really made the colour stay for at least a week. It also made me get through my bottles very fast but it didn't matter as I had plenty. In the end I stopped buying the darker colours and stuck with the pinks which I adore, one of the kits I got from QVC all of them had conditioner in them - the bridal set and they were well loved. Now I only use OPI and wouldn't buy Nails inc again, for me OPI has the longevity (sp) that Nails inc doesn't.

I've never had any problems with the longevity of Nails Inc. Leighton Denny, on the other hand, I have known occasionally peel off within a couple of days. I wonder whether you might have used something afterwards (before it had 'cured' completely) that might have affected the polish? I find if I iron within a few hours of polishing, for example, the steam seems to affect the polish.

ironing? perhaps that's it then. i never get time to let it dry completely :smile:

:heart:I am a massive Nails Inc bore and make no apologies for it. I have too many to mention and love all colours equally, depending how I feel. I have never really had any problems with the staying power. It usually last 5 days plus, or I might have changed then anyway. I have some Leighton Denny, love the colours, but it does not last as long and takes longer to dry. I have never tried OPI. I don't know why, but in the early years, the OPI girls appeared on QVC with their mother Lena White, and she got on my nerves. I do hope that Nails Inc do not have different formulas for QVC/high street. Surely it should all be the same. By the way, I do try to avoid housework like the plague, but with spoilt husband and 20 and 21 yr old sons I have to do a bit.

What are other people's opinion on this brand? I did my nails 2 days ago...(proper routine - base, colour then top coat) and already half of them are chipped and ruined. Now, I'm not one to whinge :cheeky: ................. but if I pay that much for a flippin nail polish, I expect it to last longer than that!! My Rimmel Lasting Finish at least gives me 3 or 4 days and that's only about £3.....lesson learned for me I think!:taphead:

Funny this, I rate the Nails Inc Base Coat and top coat - but the polishes themselves just don't last on my nails - but here's the weird thing, I bought a Nails Inc kit from Boots with some colours in it, that lasted and lasted, and took three days before they chipped. I bought a TSV of their stuff from Le Q 12 months or so ago and the polishes were awful, alsted less than 24 hours before they peeled/flaked/chipped and also after a couple of months all the bottles of polish seperated!

Rimmel polishes last much longer on my nails, with you there. I also second Essie too, like Donna255 - their 3 Way Glaze is absolutely fantastic.

My nails are rather temperamental so no manicure lasts long but I'd say OPI lasts longer than Nails Inc. on me. I've just bought my first Essi - pink parka, just put it on half an hour ago. Tiny brush and consistency was a bit weird, but it IS a neon which I hadn't expected.

Latest posts

Back