Nail strengtheners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Sue

Guest Shopper
I'm looking for advice on what are the best strengtheners on the market.

I have one nail in particular that is very weak and bendy and it is really annoying. Was thinking of trying the Leighton Denny, but has anyone else used any, and what are the best.

Thanks in advance

I use OPI Nail Envy, I haven't tried any others, but Nail Envy works for me and I would recommend it.

Hi sue iv tried opi nail envy and it didn't work for me it made my nails break so much for nail products.I would recommend sally hansen nailgrowth miracle iv always gone back to this product as my nails start to grow really quick within a few days and no breaks just strong nails.

I try to treat my nails from the inside!

I take a multi vitamin for healthy nails, hair and skin every day. Sainsburys and Asda do their own and this works out a lot cheaper than the branded ones available on the market.

I've had good results with the Pro-Strong range (flouride and calcium treatments). But like with any beauty regime I start, I get bored with it after a while and don't stick to it.......so I cannot comment on its longer term success.

Linda :1::1:

Forgot to say that you should use Avoplex oil on your cuticles when you use nail envy both products work well together

Ive used nail envy for years and its works for me, my nails used to be very soft, bendy and break easily.

Now they get so long that i have to cut or file them down and theyre very stron

I had 1 really bad nail - weak peeling & bendy & not matter what I used on it - nothing worked - a kind forum member recommended Nailtek ( you can get it from ebay ) they do different types for different probs - take a look at their website - www.nailtek.com

My nails have never been better , the peeling has completely stopped on the bad nail & its as strong as the others.

xxx

I don't have a problem, but DD used to use nailtiques which was very good, but a lot of 'effort' in her opinion. In the end to get hers to grow she has them painted once a month with a gel nailvarnish which is so thick and hard that the nails don't do anything but grow!

Hiya

I used to bite my nails and couldn't grow them, but have been using nail envy and avoplex oil and now have long strong nails. Tried Pro Strong but it didn't really work for me but others on here really like it!

Nail Envy is very good - although I did ProStrong for a while and it was very good - but my polish kept peeling off! So I think, on my nails at least, it would be better if I were to use ProStrong with no polish - not something I am fond of doing!
I did have horrible nails and was diagnosed with anaemia which has since been treated (touch wood!) and I have to say my nails look much nicer now and are stronger. Recently I have been using Nail Envy some manicures, and Nails Inc Caviar basecoat (more moisturising) with other manicures. I have found that these, a combination of gentle buffing (to help with ridges caused by damaged nail beds from shutting my fingers in a kitchen drawer years ago - not recommended!) lots of hand cream and plenty of cuticle oil!

I have found nail envy to be the best - in conjunction with the avoplex oil. My nails are soo strong I have a job to actually cut them. I tried Pro-strong and Jessica but neither worked for me so went back to the nail envy.

I'm looking for advice on what are the best strengtheners on the market.

I have one nail in particular that is very weak and bendy and it is really annoying. Was thinking of trying the Leighton Denny, but has anyone else used any, and what are the best.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.

This is a subject very close to my heart. I used to bite my nails as a child, but once I was working I quickly stopped and grew them and had really long strong nails. BUT in the last year or so my nails have really taken a bad turn. The first two fingernails of both hands are very soft and if they do grow the top layer very quickly lifts and flakes off. I have spent an absolute fortune on OPI, Prostrong, Sally Hanson, Trind, and various others from the local chemist and nothing has worked at all. I am now trying products from the Nailcare Club which sell Zoom. They used to sell on QVC but not for a few years. They use Nail Eat and Nail Drink. I'm hoping this will work for me as I am really ashamed of my awful nails. By the way, for my cuticles I use Sweet Almond Oil. I rub it in just before going to bed and that at least seems to be keeping my cuticles in good condition. Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks everyone. Guess I will try a few and see which is the best.

I used to use OPI nail envy and avoplex oil then switched to Leighton Denny's cuticle oil as I prefer it. It's weird, all the rest of my nails are so strong but its just this one that is so weak and bendy.

I have found nail envy to be the best - in conjunction with the avoplex oil. My nails are soo strong I have a job to actually cut them.

Ditto. Thank goodness for a crystal nail file.

It's weird, all the rest of my nails are so strong but its just this one that is so weak and bendy.

Did you ever hurt that finger/hand? Trap a finger (maybe years ago!)? Have tendon or circulation problems? On the other hand it might just be one of those things! Irritating, though, I know.

OPI works for me everytime .
Prostrong did nothing to help , in fact I think it made my nails weaker .
nail eat and nail drink where too complicated so I stopped using them
Nails Inc did nothing

Nails inc have a kit in their sale called the wedding collection. It has hand cream, gloves, a file, a buffer, a pale pink colour and a nail treatment for £10. It might be worth a try as you would probably get your money's worth from the other items even if you don't get on with the treatment.

Latest posts

Back