Nail Polish Remover Views Please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
I am coming near to the bottom of my Nails Inc blue nail polish remover and, before I repurchase, I would like to canvas opinion of experiences of other nail polish removers (QVC and otherwise) Obviously I want something as non-drying as possible, but I want an effective one too - one that won't involve me spending ages getting off dark and metallic polishes.
Thanks!

I always use OPI remover now. Never tried Nails Inc one but did try Leighton Denny and found it pretty useless.

I found OPI was less than useless on dark colours, especially glitter ones.

horses for courses clearly :)

I found OPI was less than useless on dark colours, especially glitter ones.QUOTE]

Yes, I used loads trying to get a dark colour off - back to good old Cutex. I don't use nail varnish very often for this reason.

I use nail polish remover pads from Tesco or Superdrug, mainly because they are handy for travelling, and I only wear nail polish on my toes.

I just bought Boots 'Expert clean off' 'remover (£1.25) as an emergency purchase but it took off my dark red nail varnish more effectively than anything I have EVER tried. I did both hands with one dampening of the cotton wool and had no smears at all. I couldn't believe it. It's also "enriched with moisturising oil, so unlike other removers that can really dry out nails, this gets the job done in a jiffy and helps keep nude nails looking and feeling great". Highly recommended.

OPI nail polish remove expert

I have just started using OPIs latest expert remover and it is fab. I
have tried it on a variety of my polishes and it just cuts through them like
there was nothing there!

I've been using the opi for a while and cutex (White) and like them both, but neither would take off the glitter polish my friend gave me for my birthday. Had to let it chip off in the end! I'm getting a small bottle of LD in a set I bought last week so will be interesting to see how it is.

I have used both Leighton Denny and OPI but prefer Leighton's nail polish remover the best.

Another vote for OPI. But I like to use proper nail wipes and not cotton wool as I find cotton wool leaves 'threads' on the nails. Also you use less varnish as it doesnt soak into the pad so much.

I just bought Boots 'Expert clean off' 'remover (£1.25) as an emergency purchase but it took off my dark red nail varnish more effectively than anything I have EVER tried. I did both hands with one dampening of the cotton wool and had no smears at all. I couldn't believe it. It's also "enriched with moisturising oil, so unlike other removers that can really dry out nails, this gets the job done in a jiffy and helps keep nude nails looking and feeling great". Highly recommended.

i agree that supermarkets own brands can be just as effective , i use a superdrug one that is enriched with moisturising agents, and my nails are strong and long and have been since a child, i think the answer lies more with washing youre hands straight after removing youre polish,and working in a hand and nail lotion immediately
once again a good one ive found is tesco own make.
i do however pick opi or nail inc as polish because cheaper polish is very drying IMHO [ and dont laquer to often leave a week or so bare nails] and remember moisturise hands and nails every night - hope this is useful :40:

Thank you all for your advice - I still have a way to go with the Nails Inc one - although not very much, so I think I will seek out the best deal on the OPI expert one, since that seems to have got the most votes.
I am a member of Makeup Alley where people all over the world review beauty items - and they were pretty divided, although OPI got an awful lot of votes!
Now I just need to find a good cuticle remover - I tried the LD one but wasn't that impressed - it seemed to need a lot of scraping.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm an OPI fan too. I use the normal pink OPI remover for taking off treatments and light colours, but switch to the expert touch when I use dark colours, it works really well. No stains left behind at all. I wouldn't use the expert touch as my only remover though, it's pretty strong stuff so I'd be worried it would dry my nails out in the long term.

Latest posts

Back