My love affair with Honora...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The prices have increased (I have the little leather bracelet which i bought at a much lower price last year) and hardly any gold pieces - cannot wear silver.

I love Honora Pearls, i know that they have increased in price, but i will still treat myself from time to time. I JUST :heart: them.

I didn't buy then but I did like the set of stacking rings. They were cute. And I thought the pearl friendship bracelet was cute but I wouldn't wear a white pearl bracelet. I like the bright or the pastel shades.

I do love the Honora pearl pieces but they're getting just a tad too expensive now. Got a lovely black pearl ring a few years ago and fancied the matching bangle - well I did until I saw that it was over £200!!!

Sometimes they have Honora pearl pieces on last clicks on the Qvc website.:happy: You can get some lovely pieces.:wink:

After being up at the crack of dawn feeding my daughter I was reading my iphone whilst trying to nod off and I looked up pearls on wikipedia. It was really interesting. It seems Ralph is really well informed about how the best cultured pearls come into being and it seems that even the supposed exclusive Japanese cultured pearls are actually often sourced in China and then rebranded as Japanese. China dominates the production of cultured freshwater pearls worldwide and this is by no means indicative of inferior quality. It was very interesting to read that Keishi pearls, flogged as "superior second generation pearls", they only exist as a byproduct of the manmade production of cultured freshwater pearls when the shell is re used. They do not occur in nature. I would post a link if I knew how but figure you can find it on wiki yourselves if interested!

the last Honora stuff I bought was the set of studs in a variety of colours, I love them and wear them a lot and it is nice to have a choice each work day. I think is now my new maxim with jewellery, no more impulse buys as I no longer have the funds and to carefully consider the cost per wear of the items I buy. I sometimes wish I could "cash my silver" the way you can gold as I hardly wear any of it and it would be good to have a cull of my jewellery box and whittle it down to the pieces that I love and wear.

But you can "cash silver." I have just picked up my beautiful 12-13mm pearls, not Honora, after having them restrung and the jeweller I use has a list of what they pay per ounce for different carat weights of gold AND silver. I'm sure other jewellers offer the same service. To return to pearls, I paid £85 for them last year and they are truly remarkable, The nacre is so thick they almost walk into a room before I do. They probably come from China, most freshwater pearls do and IMO are much finer and bettervalue for money than anything Honora has to offer, which is sad because I really wanted to love Honora.

Can I ask why you had the pearls re-strung? Is it something you need to do regularly?? Not being a smart arse. I genuinely don't know. But I sort of remember something about pearls needing to be re-strung.

Hi Tinkerbelle. It is recommended that pearls are restrung every couple of years, I think, but I wear mine every day and the weak spot is one pearl in from the clasp where, because of a combination of oils from the skin, perspiration and stress of daily use, the necklace comes apart. This may sound horrendous, but because the pearls are knotted the worst that happens is that the whole thing snakes its way down between my boobs. If the pearls were simply strung without knots they would all fall to the floor. Traditionally, silk was used but I imagine that it has been replaced by something equally strong but man made. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back