my Grandma wants a new Undercounter Fridge with Freezer Section

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whenever I've bought white goods for myself or my mum I have used either John Lewis or Co Op - both have always been really good with their service and the websites have good details and internal photos.

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/?gclid=CLmP7ZKkiasCFQULfAodOh-E2w

What does your gran use the icebox for? Is it just for ice and the odd box of fish fingers or does she use it to capacity? I only ask because, if she has room, you could buy an undercounter fridge and then a small freezer to sit on top of the worktop... the extra capacity for keeping frozen meals would pay for itself quite quickly.

Whenever I've bought white goods for myself or my mum I have used either John Lewis or Co Op - both have always been really good with their service and the websites have good details and internal photos.

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/?gclid=CLmP7ZKkiasCFQULfAodOh-E2w

What does your gran use the icebox for? Is it just for ice and the odd box of fish fingers or does she use it to capacity? I only ask because, if she has room, you could buy an undercounter fridge and then a small freezer to sit on top of the worktop... the extra capacity for keeping frozen meals would pay for itself quite quickly.

she acutally uses it for frozen food but has no room for a freezer in her place her last one was outside and that packed up and the way she is she dont want one outside and has no other room as all her worktop is used up with kettle ect

http://www.johnlewis.com/zanussi-zr...nt-a-energy-rating-55cm-wide-white/p231616413
John Lewis have a Zanussi fridge with small freezer compartment at the top and they`ll dispose of the old frisge for an extra £9.00 and its free delivery. Many under counter fridges these days don`t have a freezer compartment but this one does.

thats another one i do keep lookin at just hope john lewis have one for me to look at properly

she acutally uses it for frozen food but has no room for a freezer in her place her last one was outside and that packed up and the way she is she dont want one outside and has no other room as all her worktop is used up with kettle ect

I know this sounds strange but does she have room to put a small freezer anywhere else in her home? In the bedroom, hall or wherever? I've moved around a lot in the past and sometimes had to put the freezer in all sorts of places. You can disguise them if need be.

A fridge without an ice box would be easier to find and probably cheaper and a small work top freezer is around £100 in Currys... So the cost of both might not be much more.

I've got a little work top freezer in my kitchen and there is still room on top to stack pans so you might not lose as much space as you think - my main freezer is in the garage so the little one is for convenience.

Just offering a different possibility...

grandma has told me she dont want to have a new light put in it and thats her choice but going to currys tomorrow (not one that i can get to easy) and then to john lewis but i got a feeling JL wont have any as ive never seen any in there before

I can totally understand that. Yes it may seem like it just needs a new light but sometimes, especially when it has been going wrong in the past you think the time has come :)

I know this sounds strange but does she have room to put a small freezer anywhere else in her home? In the bedroom, hall or wherever? I've moved around a lot in the past and sometimes had to put the freezer in all sorts of places. You can disguise them if need be.

A fridge without an ice box would be easier to find and probably cheaper and a small work top freezer is around £100 in Currys... So the cost of both might not be much more.

I've got a little work top freezer in my kitchen and there is still room on top to stack pans so you might not lose as much space as you think - my main freezer is in the garage so the little one is for convenience.

Just offering a different possibility...

ohh i know and i like all the ideas everyone is suggesting but nope shes not going to be around in her place much longer so that would be a bit of a pain but good idea

I can totally understand that. Yes it may seem like it just needs a new light but sometimes, especially when it has been going wrong in the past you think the time has come :)

excatly what i think she is thinking

Beko listed as only 47.5 cm wide. Freezer compartment for up to a week storage. Dimensions
Height: 82cm Width: 47.5cm Depth: 53cm. http://www.beko.co.uk/Item/UR483AP#features

Beko listed as only 55cm wide. Don't know if any good, comes in silver or white with freezer compartment. Dimensions
Height: 84cm Width: 54.5cm Depth: 59.5cm. http://www.beko.co.uk/Item/UR584AP#features

that seems like average sizes for them from my research

Ok could have saved abit doing it online and i think they would do the same calling you to arrange delivery etc so you could have told them all the details then. you'll know for next time anyway. Hope she likes it :wave:

Ok could have saved abit doing it online and i think they would do the same calling you to arrange delivery etc so you could have told them all the details then. you'll know for next time anyway. Hope she likes it :wave:

no online i took it to basket and it wanted me to pick a day then it would come bewteen 9am-7pm couldnt take that risk

but its done now no need to worry and im happy thanks everyone

Ur welcom SCW thats whats great about this forum everyone helps each other out when they need help and advice :wave:

Latest posts

Back