My Daughter Sophie............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teessvee

Registered Shopper
What happened to the soooper doooooooooper girl band My Daughter Sophie was in? Thought they were being managed by Joyourplussizemodel and were going to be huuuuuuuuuge according to Julia. Now Sophie is working at QVC is the dream over already?

Lesson to be learned here. Never "big up" your kids - a) in front of them, and b) especially not on tele in front of millions. All parties look incredible stupid when crashing down to earth occurs !!!

thats her...certainly got her mums pout but not pysique looking at her info! nothing like blowing your own trumpet...modeling on tv for butler and wilson lol! Its the same as when people are "selective" on their cvs..they eventually get found out

thats her...certainly got her mums pout but not pysique looking at her info! nothing like blowing your own trumpet...modeling on tv for butler and wilson lol! Its the same as when people are "selective" on their cvs..they eventually get found out

You can hardly be shy and retiring if you want to get into that industry so you have to point out your good qualities. Singing at the O2 isn't too shabby either.

Didn't we all chop and change our jobs, goals, dreams when we were young, I know I certainly did. Just because someone has pointed out that she is back at qvc doesn't mean she has failed in any way. She could just be taking stock before she trys a new adventure- who knows? Good luck to her I say.

I remember she was once on QVC the same time as Lucy, Alison Keenan's daughter, if I remember rightly Lucy was the most popular.

Nowt wrong of being proud of your kids. So what if things don't quite work out. Nothing to be ashamed of. If the lass is back at QV nothing wrong in that either. Gives her time maybe to think about alternative options. Blimey it isn't easy out there!

Well, after reading her CV, and her university status - its a pity she failed to use the spell checker - more than one spelling mistake Sophie !!! and hardly the right impression for job hunting - in any profession !

Why did she remind me of Chloe - the daughter of that awful pair, the Madeleys ?????

Isn't Sophie the one we were all urged to vote for in some beauty contest?

YES, I may be wrong and stand to be corrected, but I thought it was for the Help for Heroes calendar. I wonder if she's still with the guy in the forces she was involved with.

I wish her all the best with her ambitions, but isn't she a tad old now to be in a girl band?

I'm not being ageist, but there are PLENTY of teenagers out there who are a) more talented and b) better looking will work for a pittance to achieve their dreams.

Miss Maxwell is heading for her mid/late 20s? The fake tan and make up in most of her shots makes her look a LOT older than she actually is. And the "duckface" pouting is just cheap IMO. I can't see Dames Helen Mirren or Maggie Smith putting some duckface pics in their resumes. Dame Judi Dench yes, but that's understandable...

:nod:

She's alright, can't blame her for trying. Although she's attractive enough, it doesn't look like it comes naturally, she probably spends hours in the gym to maintain her figure, has had voice coaching maybe, and spends £'s in the tanning salon....to put "tanned" on your CV is asking for it really, can't afford to let it slip. Good luck to her with qvc, hope it works out well for her. She's gotta big herself up on her cv, cos apart from her mum, no one else's is going to do it.

Miss Maxwell looks like any 20-something you'd see on the bus, in a shop, in an office, wandering the high street.

There's nothing about her pics or resume that makes you think she's any different to the hundreds of similar 20-something sales/office assistants who attend reality telly auditions wanting to become a "star".

And this IS bitchy, but if her mother climbed to the dizzy heights of being a Dolly Dealer or whatever before becoming a sales assistant on TV, then maybe Miss Maxwell should forego JR's help and find someone more "connected" in "the biz" to help her out? Or better still prove to future employers that she can hold down a job without her mother's help? That might beef up her resume a bit.

Latest posts

Back