My Boycott On Products From China

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
I received Tacori earrings this morning and telephoned Q that I will return them under DSR. They are made in China and I informed QVC that I am boycotting items from China. I told the representative to google Daily Mail+China+Korea and explained what she would find. I asked if QVC were aware of this news item. She didn't think so. Based on this news story which has been reported worldwide, I have chosen to make a moral stand.

Re the TSV - - -

Skechers is an American shoe company that creates trendy, casual shoes for men and women ages 19 to 40. The multimillion-dollar company produces over 900 different shoe styles in manufacturing facilities in China, Romania, Mexico and Brazil.

Not sure that boycotting all chinese made items is the way forward as these were a black market items, and not made with approval of the government

I had the same thing with some Tacori ear-rings and a necklace. The presenters and guest kept banging on about "famous American New York brand" etc etc and when they came there were little "Made in China" stickers on both items!

most stuff is made in china now even the most expensive brands are using cheap labour to buffer high profits.

I applaud you for making a stand but there are so many products made in China these days. And some are high quality, sought after consumer goods where workers are well paid and well treated.

Today I am using/wearing two products from China. My iPhone and my Lola Rose jewellery. I could live without Lola Rose but could I work without my iPhone? Well yes I could but I'd rather not. And second choice would be an HTC (Korea/Taiwan), Samsung (Korea), Nokia (usually China) ... hmmm!

blimey I didn't know that Lola Rose is made in the far east. I get the impression from the shows that it's an up-market british product crafted in Nikki's front room.

Mind you it's probably the same with Peony Flaaaaaaaars. I know the woman says they are a british design but I don't suppose they are actually produced here.

do mulberry make stuff in the far east?

Not sure, but I researched a while ago and some Mulberry bags (mine included) are made in Turkey. I know there is one other country of manufacture, possibly India in addition to the UK, but I don't think Mulberry manufacture in China.

reminds me of clogau gold. they will be lowering thier prices now they are making jewellery in china........wont they?

I realise my decision is controversial, some may say foolhardy. But I made a choice to let QVC know. And I made a further decision to let the people on this forum know. Both choices may have repercussions. If I am banned from future QVC purchases, as I am house-bound, my purchases in the past have made my life easier. And if I am banned on this forum, I have learned much and enjoyed your wit, humour and my time lurking and on-line.

I have even gone to a neighbour to use the computer to enter this message and thank the previous posters as I am unable to on my mobile. I may be a 'lone voice' but it is my voice.

Last edited:
why on Earth should you be banned? You expressed a view, one your totally entitled to, one I feel in this case misguided, but never the less your viewpoint.
And I also do not think that QVC would ban you for that either
Good luck with your boycott, I think its going to be very tough as so much is made in China
As far as Tacori is concerned all the QVC stuff is made in China, its only the high end stuff that is still made in the US

Thanks for your comments, I do hope I'm not banned! I like it here! (Snarly paranoia) Noticed that QVC USA announced a joint venture with China, looks like they're expanding their shopping channels into there. (Yahoo! Finance 20 Mar 2012). My time at the computer is done, I be tired, must rest ...

why on Earth should you be banned? You expressed a view, one your totally entitled to, one I feel in this case misguided, but never the less your viewpoint.
And I also do not think that QVC would ban you for that either
Good luck with your boycott, I think its going to be very tough as so much is made in China
As far as Tacori is concerned all the QVC stuff is made in China, its only the high end stuff that is still made in the US

Unless icedupsnowqueen is only referring to jewelery, you should be fine with clothing from Q, Snarly, as if you don't mind manmade fabric many of the clothes are made in the US or Canada. You can get eek on ebay that was made in gold before it was all clad or skimpt (I know cos I just sold some!), many of the beauty products are made in England (Emma Hardie for example) or Europe (Laura Geller). If Q close your account you already know you can buy elsewhere such as Amazon, Feel Unique, Kipling's website etc etc. Don't worry Snarly I'm sure neither Q nor ST will ban you as you have done nothing wrong! You sound really upset, hope you are ok.

These days, it is very hard to find anything that is not made in China. Lola Rose, Honora pearls, Butler And Wilson, Betty Kaye, Lulu Guiness,Tignanello, and so many other things sold not just by QVC, but in many designer shops and high street shops:confused:

on the QVC US community board many refuse to buy anything made in China. They do go on about making stuff in the US and buying from these companies. Trouble is money, people will not pay the prices which these companies have to charge to keep going.

Brands like Kathy V and her husband B Maw whatever are actually owned by the Chinese.

Beauty brands you should be okay with.

Elemis
Decleor
Liz Earle
Gatineau
Ojon
etc are all made in the US/UK/France.

I realise my decision is controversial, some may say foolhardy. But I made a choice to let QVC know. And I made a further decision to let the people on this forum know. Both choices may have repercussions. If I am banned from future QVC purchases, as I am house-bound, my purchases in the past have made my life easier. And if I am banned on this forum, I have learned much and enjoyed your wit, humour and my time lurking and on-line.

I have even gone to a neighbour to use the computer to enter this message and thank the previous posters as I am unable to on my mobile. I may be a 'lone voice' but it is my voice.

Hey Snarly cariad - chin up!
You're a dab-hand at saying what you think, so keep chopsing :clapping:

Cwtch from min

Latest posts

Back