Most stupid quote by a presenter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teessvee

Registered Shopper
Was reminded today of a comment made by Julia Roberts a while back on one of the fashion shows. It was so ludicrous I was laughing for days. When showing a jacket she said "I could get in the 8 if I didn't want to close it"!! Really do people buy clothes they can't shut? :rock:
What has been the silliest thing you have heard?

A few years back, I was watching a jewellery show just before Christmas. I can't remember if it was Charlie or Dale but they definately said......

Wait for it.....

"And if there are any gents watching I am sure you would love to give your good lady a pearl necklace on Christmas morning..."

I nearly dropped my tea. Must have a mucky mind.

A few years back, I was watching a jewellery show just before Christmas. I can't remember if it was Charlie or Dale but they definately said......

Wait for it.....

"And if there are any gents watching I am sure you would love to give your good lady a pearl necklace on Christmas morning..."

:angel: I of course have no idea why that was funny LOL

This remark yesterday was SENSIBLE - - - - "I know some of you have an issue with paying postage charges, so we are giving you free P&P on this item".

And as I've said before, when Tim Goodwin had to take over a show because Julian hadn't turned up because of sickness, he said "Julian is as ill as a newt". This was intended as a joke, but got him the sack, and I never saw him again.

Wait for it.....

I have obviously had a sheltered life but Google is my friend.

I also hate the inane "buy everything we have" type comments. Recently, Kathy was modelling a cameo top, describing the colours. She said that we should buy all four. Never mind that, with P&P that little lot would have cost the best part of £100! I'm sure we'd all want to spend that much on something that was little more than a ghastly coloured vest.

Latest posts

Back