More handbags!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
More expensive bags on again. And who is Fortuna Valentino - do they make these names up to justify the price.

At least these aren't quite as expensive as some but I havent seen one under £100 yet.

What Credit Crunch??:TEA:

I've never heard of them either. do people really buy these bags on QVC. I would rather go to TKMAXX, they have a great selection that look as good as the ones on at the moment. Ok some may not be as good quality but I bought a great bag in there on Friday for £13.00. It's bang on trend and I can dress it up or down, with little pumps and a pair of cropped trousers.

I've never heard of them either. do people really buy these bags on QVC. I would rather go to TKMAXX, they have a great selection that look as good as the ones on at the moment. Ok some may not be as good quality but I bought a great bag in there on Friday for £13.00. It's bang on trend and I can dress it up or down, with little pumps and a pair of cropped trousers.

But is is 'fashion forward' as the lady just said on the presentation???

I've just purchased two bags from TK Maxx-one was Tignanello for my mum (£30 less than on QVC) and the other a B Makowsky for myself. I love it because it's so soft. I'll always go there for a quick look now. I love having a big selection!

wot.... no plain white T

But is is 'fashion forward' as the lady just said on the presentation???

its important to be "on trend" and "buy into the story" with bags. Does it have an integrated keyring complete with LED torch? Is there room for a gallon of water, and a zipped pocket for your Oyster card? What sort of fabrication is it ? Butter-y leather, or margarine-y plastic?

:23:

its important to be "on trend" and "buy into the story" with bags. Does it have an integrated keyring complete with LED torch? Is there room for a gallon of water, and a zipped pocket for your Oyster card? What sort of fabrication is it ? Butter-y leather, or margarine-y plastic?

:23:

I live oop north so I don't have an oyster card and it always makes me feel unsophisticated and a bit excluded when they talk about them.

I can only imagine that handbags are selling like hot cakes at QVC there are so many hours of them on at the moment.

They were all pretty hideous I thought but then, most of QVC's bags are! The only ones I have ever liked the look of are the Tignaello ones, some lovely colours & more of a timeless style than the usual offerings! Not tried one but there's a yellowy one I quite fancy the look of!

But only if you wear it with a little white shirt and a trouser!! :5:

The lady with Claire last night was singing the praises of the zips, made the same as for the military or something, then one got stuck as she attempted to pull it across, LOL.

Last edited:
The lady with Claire last night was singing the praises of the zips, made the same as for the military or something, then one got stuck as she attempted to pull it across, LOL.

Yep, I saw that! She quickly moved onto another 'feature', another bag in fact I think! Oh, how we laughed! *snigger*

I hate bags with zips.
I know a lot of ladies like them for the security element but I just think they're ugly and let in water when standing at a bus stop in the pouring rain!

I've just purchased two bags from TK Maxx-one was Tignanello for my mum (£30 less than on QVC) and the other a B Makowsky for myself. I love it because it's so soft. I'll always go there for a quick look now. I love having a big selection!

I'm envious. I dont know which TK Maxx you have in your area but mine are all pants! never found anything worth buying in there

Not a great fan of QVC handbags I'm afraid, dont get me wrong I LOVE handbags, as my very large collection shows, but QVC ones all seem like overpriced plastic/nylon or some name I have never heard of.
I will pay quite a lot for a nice handbag but none of the ones on QVC attract me, apart from the occasional Tignaello. I love my Radley bags in fact got one this week from their outlet shop for £50 reduced from £180 but I am afraid there is no way I would pay the prices QVC charge for the shiney plastic they sell

I treat myself to an expensive bag every year around Christmas. This year's number is a beautiful Mimco black leather bag. Got 20% off. A very classy everyday bag in the most gorgeously soft leather. Yes expensive ( for me) at around £150, but as I'm a big too big to buy myself some designer clothes, a classy handbag is my substitute treat. Some of the QVC handbags look hideous.

Latest posts

Back