More Desperate Sales Techniques by Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find the overt selling technique of Debbie Flint and Simon Biagi easier to resist. The "over-the-fence" appoach is more insidious. I'm sure there are many QVC viewers for whom the line is blurred by the chummy approach of Julian, Claire Sutton, Kathy Tayler. Chatting about you Granny, your kids or your swimmer's shoulders is calculated to draw in the viewer with a facade of friendship leading to the belief that everything they say is genuine and sincere. Sucked in and suckered! Caveat emptor!

I don't vehemently dislike any presenter but if I'm interested in a product I'd rather have it explained by one of the presenters who actually researches the product and can tell me its features, measurements or whatever. Once that's covered I don't really care what they blether on about for the rest of the hour. The old school presenters like Julia Roberts seem best at this, and so JB, CS and KT redeem themselves in this respect.

I just want to hear someone speaking intelligently; I struggle to listen to the air-heads.

Debbie Flint redeems herself for me by having a really mucky laugh! I'm always suspicious of people who stifle their urge to belly-laff out loud! Completely subjective I know.

Jude xx

I always understood QVC presenters aren't on commision, or I'm I wrong?

At the end of the day, she (or any presenter) can come out with all the sales speak they want, but if people are stupid enough to buy too much stuff, tough-titty!!

At the end of the day, she (or any presenter) can come out with all the sales speak they want, but if people are stupid enough to buy too much stuff, tough-titty!!

I agree SB. They are paid to do a job, whatever way they so it, hard or soft sell we should be responsible for our spending.

Well I'm not stupid and she never tempts me into buying anything, but I still don't like her sales pitch...tough titty.

She is suggesting you might want to leave the crystal encrusted hair straighteners out as an ornament!!!!!! Erm no!

Allegedly yogi is the 'go to' brand for celebrities, stylists and beauty editors.....they better tell that to GHD!

She is suggesting you might want to leave the crystal encrusted hair straighteners out as an ornament!!!!!! Erm no!

Allegedly yogi is the 'go to' brand for celebrities, stylists and beauty editors.....they better tell that to GHD!
I am sure that many people leave their styling products on the dressing table rather than put them away in a box each time.She actually said they look a bit like an ornament,which they do,with all the stones encrusted on them!

Plus she is hardly going to say these are a bit crappy compared to GHDs is she!:thinking:

I have no idea whether these are better or worse than GHDs as I have never used straighteners.Maybe GHDs sell more because of better marketing rather than a better product.Pantene sell more shampoo than anyone,doesn't stop it being garbage though.

I think PRAI does a cream for that Stumpybits; you may want to give it a try :smirk:

I am sure that many people leave their styling products on the dressing table rather than put them away in a box each time.She actually said they look a bit like an ornament,which they do,with all the stones encrusted on them!

Plus she is hardly going to say these are a bit crappy compared to GHDs is she!:thinking:

I have no idea whether these are better or worse than GHDs as I have never used straighteners.Maybe GHDs sell more because of better marketing rather than a better product.Pantene sell more shampoo than anyone,doesn't stop it being garbage though.

From a little snip I caught I'm sure Debbie was waving one with at least one of the stones missing.
Not such good selling if that was the case, missing crystals on a demo product would not entice me to purchase.
I can imagine after usage seeing the tool on the dressing table with stones missing would not look glam.

Last edited:
From a little snip I caught I'm sure Debbie was waving one with at least one of the stones missing.
Not such good selling if that was the case, missing crystals on a demo product would not entice me to purchase.
I can imagine after usage seeing the tool on the dressing table with stones missing would not look glam.
4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

;)

Think QVC need to closely check their demo samples tonight for such a glam red carpet event.
I've not seen much but the Ronni Nicole velvet dress with the shoulder embellishment it's chain was broken and hanging off.

Latest posts

Back