Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they have reformulated most of the range and new names.

I found their hand washes so drying.

I only tried MB once in the ladies of a posh department store and hated it , as you say Donna very drying. In fact I received a gift pack of MB for a pressie and never bothered opening it.

Mind you I don't use any sort of perfumed body product so I am not a good judge. I do remember Julia saying that if there was a MB TSV all leave was cancelled to man the phones (pre on-line mind you)

Well look forward to see what they come up with MB coming back.

Lets hope it's the start of some of our other old favs coming back as well.

Aveda please:mysmilie_50:

I do hope MB is coming back , imo nothing ever beat the MB Christmas tsv for value.....

Im pleased Molton Brown is coming back as it will make brands like Loccitane up there games , Its only speculation what the prices will be as none of us know.

I think QVC will need to offer good prices now for Molton Brown to compete with what else is now on offer. A lot of customers must have moved on to other brands now and will need to be tempted back. I buy L'Occitane hand washes and hand cream now, and prefer it to MB and generally it is cheaper too.

It will be interesting to see who the guest will be for it on Q. The wrong guest can put people off watching, especially if prices aren't that low.

I am going by Bobbi Brown etc, the prices they charge are the same as instore, apart from the odd collection.

Depends how desperate QVC are to get MB what they pay, QVC does not have the buying power of old. The brands own websites offer deals all the time, even Molton Brown 20% off and free shipping.

I find that to be the case with a lot of L'Occy, once you add on the p&p you are paying the shop price, except on TSVs or special collections.

Sometimes Q are better priced than the stores are for full price EDT even with the p & p factored in. But they sell out quickly and don't seem to get more stock.

Yes I have seen that a few times now you mention it, Weathergirl. I thought the red cherry edt offer at the weekend was good value (and a surprise for a new limited edition spray) but did not buy as have too much stock. Bet it is lovely though! I got a flyer from them about that collection and it was a lot dearer in store.

Yes I have seen that a few times now you mention it, Weathergirl. I thought the red cherry edt offer at the weekend was good value (and a surprise for a new limited edition spray) but did not buy as have too much stock. Bet it is lovely though! I got a flyer from them about that collection and it was a lot dearer in store.

I missed the presentation of the EDT and it sold out grrr. I think it was about £25 including p & p but it's £35 on their website, there is a set for £42 which is good value considering the extra items but that's still over £45 when you add in p & p. I'm kicking myself that I missed getting the perfume on QVC.

I also bought Fleur Cherie as an impulse buy in one of their shops and realised later it was cheaper from QVC even with the p & p.

I love MB heavenly gingerlily, and it must still be very popular because I've not seen it for sale at less than the full rrp in the Gunwharf Quays outlet store.
Tesco sold their own branded version for some time at less then £4 for a bottle identical in shape and size to MB - the scent and colour were exactly the same, it was just a little less concentrated - and I did wonder if MB were supplying them - but sadly Tesco don't sell that range anymore :-(.
So, I would be delighted if QVC come back with lots of Heavenly Gingerlily!! lol

I find some of Yves Rocher perfumes on a par with L`Occitane. I especially like their verbena, neroli and amber ones. Yves Rocher have just brought out a new cherry scent too and a lily of the valley, rose, citrus flower and lilac.
Free delivery on orders over £25 and also a free gift.
Here`s the cherry, half price at the moment £11.50 for 100mls plus matching shower gel and body lotion or a complete set for £21
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/contro...=B1470/~product_id=87691?cmSrc=Category|Brand

It will be interesting to see what kind of value MB can offer on their return.

I mean surely they would have to offer better value that the high street/web or else what would be the point in returning.

It is interesting to note that the limited edition 500ml sizes made a return to the MB website last year after a good few years without them. I think £26 in Summer 2013 dropping to £20 in the post Christmas period. I doubt qvc could better that offer but time will tell.

It will be interesting to see what kind of value MB can offer on their return.

I mean surely they would have to offer better value that the high street/web or else what would be the point in returning.

It is interesting to note that the limited edition 500ml sizes made a return to the MB website last year after a good few years without them. I think £26 in Summer 2013 dropping to £20 in the post Christmas period. I doubt qvc could better that offer but time will tell.

The thing is QVC are the one desperate for MB to come back, people are begging for the brand on the FB page every day. So I will say MB have the upper hand with pricing(QVC do not have the power they once had, too many have the internet now and shop elsewhere cheaper), look at Bobbi Brown and Benefit brands like that. Their prices are the same as you get on counter apart from the odd collection they put together.

As has said before QVC are a launching pad for many brands to get the leg up, the bigger department store brands just seem to come on to up their profile. Look at Shiseido they came and went and came and went. Had a pick of the month the foundation that quite a few went nuts for, then bang disappeared again.

The thing is QVC are the one desperate for MB to come back, people are begging for the brand on the FB page every day. So I will say MB have the upper hand with pricing(QVC do not have the power they once had, too many have the internet now and shop elsewhere cheaper), look at Bobbi Brown and Benefit brands like that. Their prices are the same as you get on counter apart from the odd collection they put together.

As has said before QVC are a launching pad for many brands to get the leg up, the bigger department store brands just seem to come on to up their profile. Look at Shiseido they came and went and came and went. Had a pick of the month the foundation that quite a few went nuts for, then bang disappeared again.

Yeah I really don't understand that with brands being launched disappearing then coming back only to disappear as quick again. Like you said with Shiseido, same thing happened with Origins.

With regard to Molton Brown I really don't understand the petitioning for it to return to qvc. I mean it is readily available elsewhere. They must be hankering after the value aspect in particular the bumper Christmas offering but they won't return with anything like that I should imagine just the 300ml size not much saving from the rrp (like you say!) with a 100ml bonus to cover the postage costs.

They're pining for "heady nights of expectation" or whatever the phrase was!

It won't be the same without Jill (aka Mrs Overall)!

Latest posts

Back