Molton Brown TSV 04/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cannot be bothered faffing bout with those tiddly 50mls either so its a pass from me.

I see Molton Brown have introduced an in store recycling scheme which gives you 10% off. The caveat being you have to put in 1 x 300ml bottle, 3 x 100ml bottles or 6 x 50ml bottles in and they must be Molton Brown, which just comes across as Eye-rollingly strict to me!

I love Molton Brown but neither of these sets appeals to me really, so I've treated myself to this instead:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ManCave-Shower-Fragrance-Gift-Set/dp/B08B5WL7VD/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1817MP9HWXZXO&dchild=1&keywords=mancave+shower+gel&qid=1601620382&sprefix=mancave+sh,aps,188&sr=8-5

I've had the Lemon/Oak and the Cedarwood fragrances before and really liked them so I thought they were worth a try and they only work out at £7.50 per 500ml bottle.
They don't contain SLS or parabens and they're vegan certified & most importantly they're also cruelty free as well.
They have a third off Mancave at Waitrose currently.

when you really look at the TSV and what you get for the money its not great: your paying barring a few pounds full price for the shower gels which I dont really like. Then MB have the minis as a gift with purchase anyways. you are getting two 100mls bottles as a throw in

I love Molton Brown but neither of these sets appeals to me really, so I've treated myself to this instead:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ManCave-Shower-Fragrance-Gift-Set/dp/B08B5WL7VD/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1817MP9HWXZXO&dchild=1&keywords=mancave+shower+gel&qid=1601620382&sprefix=mancave+sh,aps,188&sr=8-5

I've had the Lemon/Oak and the Cedarwood fragrances before and really liked them so I thought they were worth a try and they only work out at £7.50 per 500ml bottle.
They don't contain SLS or parabens and they're vegan certified & most importantly they're also cruelty free as well.

Thank you MM I’ve just ordered these for our sons, they look lovely. I know MB is popular but our sons are like me and the husband, so long as it smells nice and gets the job done it doesn’t have to cost the earth, many places do lovely smelling, ethical, great priced bath and shower products. I personally wouldn’t pay MB prices for something that after five minutes goes down the plug hole, as I’ve said before showering isn’t an experience for me/us we just like to get in, smell nice, get the job done and get out squeaky clean, so thanks again. 😃 ❤️

well thats what MB decided to put in as thats what most people want as they know what sells in the quanties Q want & if there is any hand & body lotions in TSV it acutally has been proven to sell heck of a lot less because most people dont want it & thats why if they do it they do those as an upsell as most people want more shower gel & with the whole set its designed for some for you & some for gifting ect but there might not be a bonus tsv ive only been going on the basis of the past few years
Who at Molton Brown gave you the information please?

Thank you MM I’ve just ordered these for our sons, they look lovely. I know MB is popular but our sons are like me and the husband, so long as it smells nice and gets the job done it doesn’t have to cost the earth, many places do lovely smelling, ethical, great priced bath and shower products. I personally wouldn’t pay MB prices for something that after five minutes goes down the plug hole, as I’ve said before showering isn’t an experience for me/us we just like to get in, smell nice, get the job done and get out squeaky clean, so thanks again. 😃
Have you tried the Aldi stuff that looks like Molton Brown, shopperholic? I imagine you have as you have tried everything else they sell! ;) (Only teasing as I know you’re a fan and quite right too.)

Have you tried the Aldi stuff that looks like Molton Brown, shopperholic? I imagine you have as you have tried everything else they sell! ;) (Only teasing as I know you’re a fan and quite right too.)

I do like Aldi products, great quality for a fraction of the price you’d pay for named brand, in my opinion it doesn’t make sense to pay for a name when you can get the same quality, or better, ethically sourced and cruelty free elsewhere. Yes I’ve tried the hand washes in Aldi and yes, again in my opinion, they’re absolutely gorgeous 😃

I do like Aldi products, great quality for a fraction of the price you’d pay for named brand, in my opinion it doesn’t make sense to pay for a name when you can get the same quality, or better, ethically sourced and cruelty free elsewhere. Yes I’ve tried the hand washes in Aldi and yes, again in my opinion, they’re absolutely gorgeous 😃
Great, thanks. I bought one end of last year (the rhubarb/rose one, I think), and it's working its way up my stash so will be trying it soon.

You are the one, I think, who converted me to Aldi. I just haven't been for a while as I've only been going to shops I can walk to, but I have done Aldi online orders and always check out the Specialbuys.

I bought the bergamot and orange Aldi hand-wash, and really love it, think at one point it was reduced to about 65p! So I stocked up on it, my s-i-l came round and commented on how lovely it was and was stunned when I told her where it was from and the price, had to get her a couple too, i know its not the same as MB but its still great stuff and ends up down the drain like everything else I use to wash hands with

Great, thanks. I bought one end of last year (the rhubarb/rose one, I think), and it's working its way up my stash so will be trying it soon.

You are the one, I think, who converted me to Aldi. I just haven't been for a while as I've only been going to shops I can walk to, but I have done Aldi online orders and always check out the Specialbuys.

Aw I’m glad you’re pleased Andi, that rhubarb and Rose is gorgeous ❤ xx

I bought the bergamot and orange Aldi hand-wash, and really love it, think at one point it was reduced to about 65p! So I stocked up on it, my s-i-l came round and commented on how lovely it was and was stunned when I told her where it was from and the price, had to get her a couple too, i know its not the same as MB but its still great stuff and ends up down the drain like everything else I use to wash hands with

Letz I adore that bergamot and orange one too, in fact I love them all, the packaging is nice enough to leave out and snap! I stocked up too 🥰❤ xx

I do love Molton Brown but as we know it’s expensive. I have an Aldi very nearby and have found this little gem which smells fab and washes hands perfectly all for 75p! One to try if you haven’t already.

1601790562548.jpeg

I keep missing the Aldi perfumes (bottom three not top two 😂) https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=Perfume&category=ALL. They’ve got great reviews, only a fiver but best of all they’ve got the leaping bunny on the back so cruelty free, Aldi are really on the ball when it comes to knowing what the customer wants. 👍😃
Oooh they look good - I love Marc Jacobs Daisy and the last one apparently smells like it so I feel a visit to Aldi coming on! May trot down today if the rain stops.

Oooh they look good - I love Marc Jacobs Daisy and the last one apparently smells like it so I feel a visit to Aldi coming on! May trot down today if the rain stops.

Yeah I read that, it does sound lovely doesn’t it, I’m not going till in the week so fingers crossed 🤞 good luck for today Bb hope you manage to get it. ❤ xx

I opened a bottle of Cajun Lime this morning. I liked it, very zingy! It made a nice change from Jasmine and Sun Rose which I have found very disappointing. If I have any more in the stash they may be converted to hand washes.

Latest posts

Back