Molton Brown TSV 01/10/14 (QVC Birthday)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having never used MB before or sniffed a tester I don't know what the excitement is about. Please someone tell me why they are so good. I'd like to the TSV but seems a bit pricey for an experiment the reviews on QVC are all about how pleased people are to see the return of the brand, not so about the actual products. Do they really smell"heavenly", does the fragrance really "last all day"?

I used to love Molton Brown as the smells permeated the air for ages.. I still love Blissfull Templetree... however, because MB use SLS, I would rather use a plain SLS free base and mix in my own aromatherapy essential oils (I am a trained Aromotherapist)

It's like the emperor's new clothes. If you are told often enough something is presteejus then you start to believe the hype. I don't mind paying for quality (most LG bags in my case) but toiletries are much of a muchness in most cases aren't they? I have tried to limit my spending on these as it is effectively money down the drain :-( However, I will buy a nice Elemis or L'Occitane shower gel/bath elixr as a treat now and again (from ebay usually!) as some items really don't have a cheap alternative.

In the old days Molton Brown was one of the BIG brands on QVC, very reasonable priced TSVs packed with full size products. They actually started out in the 70s as hairdressers, then moved into bath and beauty products. Their makeup was excellent and they did lovely simple skin care. This was before L'Occitane hit QVC. It was mainly Elemis,Decleor,Gatineau,Aveda,Liz Earle and Molton Brown on QVC and TSVs.

The brand left QVC and people look back through rose tinted glasses and remember.

i loved the lip balm in a tube the skin toner and the city moisturiser..the old tsv's were around £30 and beautifully boxed

Am I not correct in thinking that shouting from the rooftops about them being a british company is being economical with the truth.

They do the same with Penhaligons, which has been owned by an American company for many years.

You could say the same for Liz Earle owned by Avon a US company.

Gatineau are owned by Revlon a US company

Elemis and Bliss are owned by the same company so not sure about the former as the latter was always a US company.

Gatineau are owned by Revlon a US company

My flabber is ghasted! I really had no idea that was the case. Do you know when this happened as I'm wondering if it explains all the product changes and the fact that Gatineau is not what it used to be.

My flabber is ghasted! I really had no idea that was the case. Do you know when this happened as I'm wondering if it explains all the product changes and the fact that Gatineau is not what it used to be.

Revlon took over Gatineau in 1980

Thanks! Can't be anything to do with it then - that's much earlier than I'd imagined.

Latest posts

Back