Molton Brown TSV 01/10/14 (QVC Birthday)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bit of a disappointing tsv, I was expecting 6 @ 300ml, which is why I thought circa £50 was a bargain. As 3 of the varieties are 100ml, and the price is only reduced by £5, although the rrp is over twice the cost of the set, £45 ish isn't such a great deal. Can't say I defo won't buy, but chances are against me so doing. I always liked Jill Goldsmith, and it would have been fantastic to see her back. But we all move on.

I think sadly people were lead to believe they were all full sizes , thats why i think people shouldn't post what the Tsv is until they are certain , saves any disappointments .

A big no from me. I only ever bought one MB set, possibly their last Christmas one before they disappeared. I remember thinking the products were OK but didn't get through them all, so really can't have liked them much. Still have a full bottle of black pepper and something knocking around which should be binned. My skin didn't feel nourished and silky as it does with L'occitane stuff or even The Body Shop. Sorry QVC and MB, this special TSV is a complete shower as far as I am concerned, over £50 and too many little items to make it worth it even for gifts. Not even tempted to watch them blathering on.

i agree with l'occitane the products are lux. truly nourishing with lovely oils and natural smells. this tsv looks like it will bomb. there was a ginger lilly set on some special deal. £30 for a bar of soap and 100ml of the shower gel and body lotion. really poor pricing. they diliberately did not put the ginger lilly in the tsv to tempt people to buy it and the tsv.

I have just watched the morning repeat and definitely am not buying. Too many small tiddly sizes so I don't think this is great value for money if I am honest. When you take the postage into consideration you are only saving a fiver on the QVC price. Alison Y keeps saying she doubts it will last beyond the breakfast repeats so like Autumn said why have two other shows at 12.00 and 22.00. I have got a feeling it will be like the returning Molton Brown show back in August when everything sold out in 20 minutes. A right waste of time that was, especially as I fell out with my husband because I wanted to watch it and he didn't. (We only have the one TV in our house and he's definitely not a QVC fan.)

I think sadly people were lead to believe they were all full sizes , thats why i think people shouldn't post what the Tsv is until they are certain , saves any disappointments .

Oh no I like all the speculation in the build up to a TSV so I wouldn't want to put anyone off posting if they have something to contribute even if it turns out to be wide of the mark. It's only QVC that disappoints, not the posts here! We're all on the same team so I'd hate people to feel only the *star detectives are allowed to post their finds. (*but I do appreciate all their posts, the advance info really helps me decide whether or not to order, and time to shop around and buy elsewhere).

I wasn't interested in the Molton Brown tsv - like many peeps here, found it really drying and not worth the hype. I see many on FB are complaining that QVC's star of the day, wasn't even on easypay. I ordered a few things from Lush instead - their famous Snow Fairy shower gel is just back in stock! :bandit:

Oh no I like all the speculation in the build up to a TSV so I wouldn't want to put anyone off posting if they have something to contribute even if it turns out to be wide of the mark. It's only QVC that disappoints, not the posts here! We're all on the same team so I'd hate people to feel only the *star detectives are allowed to post their finds. (*but I do appreciate all their posts, the advance info really helps me decide whether or not to order, and time to shop around and buy elsewhere).

I don't understand your star detectives !!!

I mean SCW, Autumn, Sazza etc who are super sleuths at finding and posting new items; I'd hate for them to stop posting early finds. I think I do rely on their detective work and don't search the Q website myself as much as I did in the early days. Mind you, the website used to be easier to search, I could search for TSV and frequently find most of that weeks products (talking about 15 years ago).

Even if the info gets refined nearer the items going to air. I don't think there'd be a backlash from members even if the info isn't spot on in the first post.

I reckon they need a disclaimer on their new item posts to explain why the item shows as "sold out" when the links are first posted because they're always being asked about this. That the item hasn't sold out it's just hidden by QVC until they're ready for it to go live on the website. It's definitely top of their frequently asked questions.

12.04 and extremely limited apparently, with no advance orders.

Like Akimbo I am really grateful for the work the star detectives do!

I love the tip offs. After all they are just that. It's up to us to wait until final info is published. For me it helps me plan. I don't like watching as much with the hard sell so I like looking here and making up my own mind by then checking it out on Q online.

Chloe is telling us to stop what we are doing as it is about to sell out. It sounded more like an announcement to GET TO THE LIFEBOATS as the ship is going down NOW. :whew:

Chloe is into her hyper pushing selling mode---it's a set of body products for goodness sake, your LIFE DOES NOT depend on it!!!!but then I am not a MB fan think it is so over rated if I was I would go to a discount store (or save my money for L'Occitanne) Def NO advance orders, down to 100, won't be shown again.There's a relief we won't have to watch this overwhelming TSV anymore!

We were warned.there would be no advanced orders. We were not told, however, it would be available on waitlist! So, although it may not come back into stock - it most likely will, being the first MB tsv - it is not as huge a disaster as the presenters led us to believe.

I'm not bothered I missed it. The few clips I saw, I heard the presenter talk about smelling of ginger, cardamom, pepper, and coriander. I'm really not interested in smelling like a curry, thanks. ;-)

Having never used MB before or sniffed a tester I don't know what the excitement is about. Please someone tell me why they are so good. I'd like to the TSV but seems a bit pricey for an experiment the reviews on QVC are all about how pleased people are to see the return of the brand, not so about the actual products. Do they really smell"heavenly", does the fragrance really "last all day"?

Took one look at the TSV and thought it was a load of rubbish. I certainly won't be looking in today.

Wornoutcreditcard - IMO there is nothing special about Molton Brown. Some of the things do smell nice, granted, but, for some of the smells, you could swap the product for Bayliss and Harding and I'm sure the majority of people wouldn't notice any difference!

Thanks, Moth. That's good to know since B&H is available in our nearest Wilko and the pound shop. Someone got me some mens Avon shower gel recently, it's a lovely sandalwood, amber and black pepper scent, I'm guessing similar to MB? Except it was only£1.75 per 300ml. So why does MB have such a loyal following? Is it all sales hype? I'm glad I dint buy any of it now

Latest posts

Back