• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Miss Franks,

1. How many times can she say 'You won't miss £9.99 from your bank account'?????? Yes you are right Miss Franks, many people won't, but many people can't afford £9.99 for some skincare when they have bills to pay and children to feed. Some people are not all lucky to have money to treat themselves to expensive smellies so please don't make such silly sweeping statements.

I am lucky to be able to more or less buy what I want but I also appreciate the value of money and know I am lucky to be in this position.

2. Elemis Bag with TSV...'A great clutch'. Sorry Miss Franks I do not go out with my toiletry bag under my arm. It would not function as a 'clutchbag'. I carry a handbag......

3. My 'girlfriends'......I use the term 'friends' like most folk in the world.....I'm not pretending I'm living in 'Sex n the City'.

4. Your constant need to break most sentences when you are expressing suprose with 'HELLO, HELLO' is quite annoying.

Thank you...going back to decorating my Christmas tree....

Yes, she was particularly irritating this afternoon :taphead: The way she was going on about the Clarisonic I assumed she had one herself, then a bit later she said she had missed out when it sold out :talking: Then she announced that she uses Ultrasun all the time - along with everything else it appears :thinking:

Last edited:
Miss Franks,

1. How many times can she say 'You won't miss £9.99 from your bank account'?????? Yes you are right Miss Franks, many people won't, but many people can't afford £9.99 for some skincare when they have bills to pay and children to feed. Some people are not all lucky to have money to treat themselves to expensive smellies so please don't make such silly sweeping statements.

I am lucky to be able to more or less buy what I want but I also appreciate the value of money and know I am lucky to be in this position.

2. Elemis Bag with TSV...'A great clutch'. Sorry Miss Franks I do not go out with my toiletry bag under my arm. It would not function as a 'clutchbag'. I carry a handbag......

3. My 'girlfriends'......I use the term 'friends' like most folk in the world.....I'm not pretending I'm living in 'Sex n the City'.

4. Your constant need to break most sentences when you are expressing suprose with 'HELLO, HELLO' is quite annoying.

Thank you...going back to decorating my Christmas tree....

How about switching the TV off? Or even.......... over?!

How about switching the TV off? Or even.......... over?!

You mean there is more than one channel than QVC???? I never knew....

Just tried it...you are right!!!!!

Thank you lilylurknomore for your valuable input....

she's having multiple organisms over Bearpaw boots. I know she's only doing her job but for god's sake she needs a slap sometimes.

LOL! Fab day actually thanks for asking. Just can't really understand why some people feel compelled to waste their spare time moaning about a TV channel when it takes a second to turn it over.

Of course we can turn over. However, some of us may want to watch a show without her being patronising and talking bullsh1t.

LOL! Fab day actually thanks for asking. Just can't really understand why some people feel compelled to waste their spare time moaning about a TV channel when it takes a second to turn it over.

And why do you feel compelled to waste your spare time moaning about us moaning??!!??

Because this site is for sharing people's experiences of shopping telly, both good and bad?

:headbang:

And thank you, original poster, for yours. :giggle:

You know why I wrote it?? Because I think this forum is a good laugh. I never knew about it until earlier this year and then when I found it I started reading it each day and putting the occassional post. I think we are all the same...people who like QVC but aren't prepared to have the mick taken out of us by stupid claims or presenters talking down to us as though we are 5 years old and who believe every stupid claim they make.

Lilylukrnomore I am more than aware I can turn the channel over. I wrote the post because I thought it would make people laugh and I know a lot of people would probably agree. I have nothing against Jill Franks but sometimes think she is her own worst enemy.

In the same way you decided to read this post and reply, I can make a light hearted post. You had to be using your 'spare time' yourself to be reading the forum. As one of the other members said I want to watch the show...it was a product I was interested in...I'm not switching over just because Miss Franks is rabbiting away.

I know I can turn over thank you, you don't need to tell me........I know lots of things thankyou especially in the world of business and thats why sometimes I can't believe QVC don't realise some presenters annoy people rather than entice them to spend......but if every one turned over everytime they were annoyed with QVC we wouldn't have this FAB forum!!!!! Its a great source of fun and humour! I for one will keep posting and enjoying everyone elses posts.

she's having multiple organisms over Bearpaw boots. I know she's only doing her job but for god's sake she needs a slap sometimes.

..and guess what? She doesn't like or wear flat boots. But she likes these ones...whodathunkit? :whew::giggle:

You know why I wrote it?? Because I think this forum is a good laugh. I never knew about it until earlier this year and then when I found it I started reading it each day and putting the occassional post. I think we are all the same...people who like QVC but aren't prepared to have the mick taken out of us by stupid claims or presenters talking down to us as though we are 5 years old and who believe every stupid claim they make.

Lilylukrnomore I am more than aware I can turn the channel over. I wrote the post because I thought it would make people laugh and I know a lot of people would probably agree. I have nothing against Jill Franks but sometimes think she is her own worst enemy.

In the same way you decided to read this post and reply, I can make a light hearted post. You had to be using your 'spare time' yourself to be reading the forum. As one of the other members said I want to watch the show...it was a product I was interested in...I'm not switching over just because Miss Franks is rabbiting away.

I know I can turn over thank you, you don't need to tell me........I know lots of things thankyou especially in the world of business and thats why sometimes I can't believe QVC don't realise some presenters annoy people rather than entice them to spend......but if every one turned over everytime they were annoyed with QVC we wouldn't have this FAB forum!!!!! Its a great source of fun and humour! I for one will keep posting and enjoying everyone elses posts.

Brilliantly put Misskat!

I may be mistaken but weren't you yourself complaining about someones post the other day. They were taking the micky out of a presenter and you took exception to it.:thinking:

You are indeed mistaken...my problem the other day was with Burlybear calling Will from Charlie Bears a minger. This was a personal comment that was uncalled for. Plus there were then attacks on Will and Charlie for having a made up story of how they got together etc etc.

I cannot stand Jill Franks' presenting style but I posted on here a few weeks ago on a thread about her husband being unattractive that personal comments like that are uncalled for. There is a difference!

Commenting on all things shopping telly is one thing but attacking fellow forum members for posting their opinion on a subject is not acceptable so can we please calm things down.:nod:

You are indeed mistaken...my problem the other day was with Burlybear calling Will from Charlie Bears a minger. This was a personal comment that was uncalled for. Plus there were then attacks on Will and Charlie for having a made up story of how they got together etc etc.

I cannot stand Jill Franks' presenting style but I posted on here a few weeks ago on a thread about her husband being unattractive that personal comments like that are uncalled for. There is a difference!

In your opinion. I can't see the difference between laughing at or taking the mickey out of a presenter or saying nasty things about them. You seem to want it both ways.
Either this forum is for people to say what they like, within reason or not.

Latest posts

Back