Michelle Mone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The point is - "reports, not all facts" - that not everything we read in the media is true. Nothing in the media suggests she is "a cheap tart". If it did, I could understand what led to you forming such a derogatory opinion, of a lady with whom you are not acquainted. Unless you can provide proof, that Ms Mone is what you opined, you are maligning her character, and libel is punishable in a court of law.

Particularly as the definition of "tart" understood by most people is that shown in most dictionaries, i.e. 'a prostitute or promiscuous woman'. Good luck, Craftalot, with defending the use of that word to describe her in a public forum.

Particularly as the definition of "tart" understood by most people is that shown in most dictionaries, i.e. 'a prostitute or promiscuous woman'. Good luck, Craftalot, with defending the use of that word to describe her in a public forum.

The definition of 'tart' as understood by most people is a sweet pastry dish usually with fruit.

Don`t know much about her, don`t really care and don`t like the way QVC wheel out far too many has beens and Z-lebs to promote what is effectively glass jewellery.
No matter who promotes it, nothing about glass jewellery is "classy" in my opinion.
Bring back quality gems, decent gold weights, beautiful designs and then we`re talking class.

I have never bought any of her products and cannot, consequently, comment on the quality. Whilst I can admire her achievements as a businesswoman, I don't think she is on a par with Deborah Meaden. PM Cameron's reasons for making her a Baroness, were completely utilitarian, to facilitate her installation as a business advisor.
In this age of litigation, I would be very careful what claims you make which are, in reality, unsubstantiated. She is divorced, with three children,all having been fathered by the same guy. She is pictured on holiday, with her boyfriend. Is this unusual behaviour, for a single woman? Nothing I have read in the media - reports, not all facts - suggests she is "a cheap tart."

Given that you're so reliant on 'what you read in the media', here's a rather different story for you:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Michelle-Mone-fanbrtook-her-for-a-hooker.html

Maybe they could benefit from your legal advice as well.

I prefer to admire and be inspired by other womens success rather than be bitter and jealous.

Why does a woman have to be "bitter and jealous" if she doesn't like how another woman obtained her success. I don't admire the woman of "The Only Way Is Essex" and believe me, I am in no way, shape or form bitter or jealous of any of their success.

Why does a woman have to be "bitter and jealous" if she doesn't like how another woman obtained her success. I don't admire the woman of "The Only Way Is Essex" and believe me, I am in no way, shape or form bitter or jealous of any of their success.

Many of the comments on this thread about Michelle Mone certainly come across to me as bitter and jealous discussing her holidays etc. i'm pretty sure they would come across to the majority as bitter and jealous too rather than not liking how she obtained her success. Why mention her holidays and call her a tart if they have a legitimate point to make.

I mentioned her holidays(I wouldn't be caught dead in the Caribbean boring boring boring for me. I want Paris, Florence sweetie), because she wanted to depraved poor families of the extra money they get to help them life. She is off farting around on one luxury holiday after another.

:... and you accused me of being 'disingenuous' the other day...

:mysmilie_11:

You were being disingenuous, and you knew you were. And you've got me bang to rights here, even thought I think I'd argue that I was being more facetious than disingenuous. Nevertheless, I'm going to give you that one, because it's deserved.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but who is she?-- or perhaps she is the owner of a lingerie company? She is obviously very wealthy with all these mentions of her own (the real thing) pieces.If you had a real piece & had it copied in Diamonique would the original jeweller not be a bit miffed or otherwise heading for litigation?Whatever, these are so over the top as far as I am concerned.

It makes me smile when anybody goes on telly and tries to sell copies of their own jewellery or allows companies such as QVC to sell their look a likeys. If it were anything else other than jewellery, people would be horrified.
Can you imagine the presenters saying " righto this bag is the same size as a Lulu Guinness ( insert bag name ) bag, same colour, same pattern on the front, back and zip but you can own it for £19.99 plus p and p and kid all your friends it`s the real thing, how wonderfullllllll is that and most of your friends wouldn`t know the difference, how fabuloussssssssss and all for £19.99 ! "
or
A look a likey pair of Emu boots selling for just £15.99 plus p and p and JF or somebody telling you " oh my girlfriends can`t tell the difference, neither will you, they may be manmade but they look so REAL with their genuine fake sheepskin.

The list is endless and it seems ok to sell plated glass jewellery and promote it as looking, feeling and copying the real Mc Coy beloning to Tova, Ms Mone or Uncle Tom Cobbley !

Out of interest where are the bras and self tan actually manufactured?

Has she factories in the UK making the products? I did find something mentioning China but no actual factories in the UK. Of course China is now circling the toilet financially, the next BIG CRASH IS COMING. The man from RBS is telling people cash cash cash get rid of your shares.

Very good point about mimic jewellery seeming to be OK but do the same with other products isn't on.

I wonder with the jewellery whether there is any issue if the item wasn't actually designed by the owner of the piece, but instead was designed by the original manufacturer, surely they would have copyright on the design? I do sometimes wonder if there is an element of the price that is then paid back to the original jeweller in these cases... I'm thinking of the former Jacqueline Kennedy range and the current range by Tova, and of course Michelle Mone's range.

The point is - "reports, not all facts" - that not everything we read in the media is true. Nothing in the media suggests she is "a cheap tart". If it did, I could understand what led to you forming such a derogatory opinion, of a lady with whom you are not acquainted. Unless you can provide proof, that Ms Mone is what you opined, you are maligning her character, and libel is punishable in a court of law.

That would be most of us on here then, as everyone, not only Ms Mone(y) is fair game for us lot !!! (apart from the one or two usual suspects)

Latest posts

Back