Michelle Mone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don`t know much about her, don`t really care and don`t like the way QVC wheel out far too many has beens and Z-lebs to promote what is effectively glass jewellery.
No matter who promotes it, nothing about glass jewellery is "classy" in my opinion.
Bring back quality gems, decent gold weights, beautiful designs and then we`re talking class.

It's all a question of priorities isn't it. I have very little jewellery and could never justify spending money on real gems when it could be paying the costs of getting a terribly abused dog or cat out of Thailand, Romania or Korea before it's tortured to death. Glass jewellery does me just fine.

It's all a question of priorities isn't it. I have very little jewellery and could never justify spending money on real gems when it could be paying the costs of getting a terribly abused dog or cat out of Thailand, Romania or Korea before it's tortured to death. Glass jewellery does me just fine.

To each their own Scout, to each their own ...
The thread was about Ms Mone and glass jewellery and not about cats and dogs but feel free to start a new thread about cats and dogs down in the VIP area. I`ll happily contribute my thoughts on the subject.

Very good point about mimic jewellery seeming to be OK but do the same with other products isn't on.

I wonder with the jewellery whether there is any issue if the item wasn't actually designed by the owner of the piece, but instead was designed by the original manufacturer, surely they would have copyright on the design? I do sometimes wonder if there is an element of the price that is then paid back to the original jeweller in these cases... I'm thinking of the former Jacqueline Kennedy range and the current range by Tova, and of course Michelle Mone's range.

I suppose if the owner is also the 'designer' then they have the say as to whether it is copied as in Diamonique at a much cheaper price.Perhaps the same applies if the piece is commissioned and made specially for the owner, this might apply to some of Tova's pieces.Lets face it if you tried to sell a DMQ as the real thing you would soon be found out!!Recently abroad the place was a wash with Michael Kors look a like bags which would be swooped up here by Trading Standards.How do they get away with it as it must surely damage the real market?I like these bags but would not buy (real) one with these cheap copies around.If you copy a garment & it is so close to the original you can end up in court.

To each their own Scout, to each their own ...
The thread was about Ms Mone and glass jewellery and not about cats and dogs but feel free to start a new thread about cats and dogs down in the VIP area. I`ll happily contribute my thoughts on the subject.

My comment was about glass jewellery so is entirely relevant to this thread. You were putting glass jewellery down. I was pointing out that some of us are quite happy to wear glass jewellery so we can use our money for more important things than personal decoration.

My comment was about glass jewellery so is entirely relevant to this thread. You were putting glass jewellery down. I was pointing out that some of us are quite happy to wear glass jewellery so we can use our money for more important things than personal decoration.

Your glass Jewellery is also "personal decoration" it's just cheaper than my "personal decoration" of choice which are diamonds, diamond engagement ring, diamond wedding ring, diamond bracelet, earrings and necklace to name a few. I don't like glass jewellery but that doesn't mean, and wrong for you to assume otherwise, that we don't put our money to "important things" too like charities, especially animal charities.

Just adding that the "we" is in general, the Royal "we" so to speak. :happy:

Disclaimer...........I'm not a snob. :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back