Michele hopeless

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Can't believe what I am seeing! three piece covered with huge roses or something and Hopeless saying you must get the whole outfit for less than £100!
garish nylon tat. does anyone really buy this stuff?

They must do or Q wouldn't keep her on. Just off topic, isn't CS going overboard with the baby waby voice on the midday hour. Go and get yourself a job on CBBC woman and give us all a break.

Its very 1990s isnt it? Im guessing its aimed at and bought by ladies in their 70s and over for church, weddings, cruises,coach holidays and lunches and dinners out etc. My mum is in her 70s and spends a lot of money on clothes but would never touch any of this as its so frumpy and cheap looking.

Its very 1990s isnt it? Im guessing its aimed at and bought by ladies in their 70s and over for church, weddings, cruises,coach holidays and lunches and dinners out etc. My mum is in her 70s and spends a lot of money on clothes but would never touch any of this as its so frumpy and cheap looking.

Here we go again!
Anything regarded by younger ladies as 'tat' must therefore be bought by older biddies having a senior moment! Oh dear! :confused:

Here we go again!
Anything regarded by younger ladies as 'tat' must therefore be bought by older biddies having a senior moment! Oh dear! :confused:
I said I guessed older ladies were the target purchasers as I honestly do not see this range appealing to younger women. I did not mean to insult older ladies but the fact is some of them have not moved forward with their look for several years and may find MH to their taste. I was not not questioning their sanity as you seem to imply.

Whoever she sells to she's here for the duration. I just don't think her stuff would wear and wash well. Snags galore.

(mum writes)

I'm 69 and wouldn't touch this stuff with an extended barge pole!

If you don't like it, do what I do and don't buy it. Plenty of people do like the range though as Michele Hope has been selling on QVC for years. Maybe they are the ones with taste and those of us who don't like it are the odd ones out!

If you don't like it, do what I do and don't buy it. Plenty of people do like the range though as Michele Hope has been selling on QVC for years. Maybe they are the ones with taste and those of us who don't like it are the odd ones out!
Exactly, wear what you feel suits you and makes you feel good. Plenty of forum members slate Kim and Co but it doesnt bother me at all as I own a few pieces that I love and get complimented on but I can understand that some people do not like the range at all and would not consider trying it.If you love something wear it ,enjoy it and stuff what anyone else thinks apart from people whose opinions you value.

I'm afraid it's the polyester that rules out stuff for me, more than the design. :rain:

I've no problem with a bit of polyester. I prefer viscose but I will wear poly.

I think some of her stuff is very much along the Per Una line and although I don't own any Michele Hope ... not that I can think anyway ... I do own Per Una stuff.

Whoever is buying it is doing so in spades. I would guess that MH is the second most regular fashion range on La Q. And La Q stock it because it sells.

But you never see the presenters or models wearing it when it's not on air. You often see the presenters in Tiana B, Ronnie Nicole, etc. And even Kim & Co and Nina Leonard (also much maligned here) gets an airing once in a while. Julia was wearing a Kim & Co dress last week on a couple of shows.

I must admit I've been tempted by MH kaftans as a beach cover up but they're too bliddy expensive just to bung in your beach bag.

I don't buy fashion off QVC because most of it is not to my taste.I almost bought a Kim n Co bolero but didn't simply because it was £43 with postage costs.
I don't do busy floral prints at all, but maybe I should try because sometimes I do think they look lovely on the models.I did like the look of the Ingenue range but the price put me off again!!
Nothing from Michelle Hope,Nina Leonard ,Quacker,Artscape,Ronni Nicole or B&W tempted me to try,and only the Bolero from Kim and Co as it was the colour I was looking for.
I assume Michelle Hope sells well on Q as she is a long time range...but it's not for me heyho!!

II buy the occasional piece,great for holidays as it doesn't crease,washes like a dream and doesn't catch on anything.
But I am 65,but certainly not an old 65.
Qvc have to cater for all tastes,and if it sells,then there must be others that like it as well.

Latest posts

Back