Michael Perry's Garden TSV 13/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We don't get a garden refuse uplift and we have to take our garden rubbish to the tip, which is closed. I compost some things but we've got quite a lot of black bags filled up. Our normal/recycling bins are picked up as normal. Still cold and dull here so not been doing too much gardening anyway :confused:

CC

Our council has stopped garden refuse uplift despite it being a paid service because they say they are running a skeleton service to be honest i dont believe anything the council say but will have to try not to fill garden bucket now
same here I am very irritated at this, my LA charge for green waste disposal and special collections the whole area is a dump site without these collections there will be more rats and vermin to add to the other health issues we are experiencing!

My council are still doing all kerbside recycling and that includes garden waste. I have tried composting in the past but never successful, and the same with my friend and neighbor. The tip is closed but the tip is run by County Council, they are saying our tip would be difficult to social distance.
Yesterday I had my delivery from a local nursery of bags of compost, I was surprised at how quick he offloaded the delivery of 6 bags of compost, but other half said he lifted them off 3 bags at a time.

We are still having fortnightly collections and in the spring summer our garden waste bin is full to the brim plus we take other items to the council recycling yard which is now closed.

As with others I’ve tried very unsuccessfully to compost.

same here I am very irritated at this, my LA charge for green waste disposal and special collections the whole area is a dump site without these collections there will be more rats and vermin to add to the other health issues we are experiencing!

Oh no! Gross! Rats & mice give me nightmares. I cried the first time Angus bought one in. I was aghast that my gorgeous boy would bring in such a vile dead slimy thing & plonk on the hearth rug whilst I had a TV dinner. I had to stand on the sofa!

We are still having fortnightly collections and in the spring summer our garden waste bin is full to the brim plus we take other items to the council recycling yard which is now closed.

As with others I’ve tried very unsuccessfully to compost.
Yesterday we should have had cardboard taken, they did not come for that but today at 6.35 they have been and taken this Saturday. Impressed.

Latest posts

Back