Miceal Taking A Year Off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you don't have Instagram, Miceal posted this a few days ago, alongside a video of him returning to his dressing room for the first time. Here he pays tribute to the QVC presenter colleagues who kept an eye on him while he was off sick. They sound like a very decent bunch.

When your fabulous work colleagues @qvcuk make a bit of a fuss to welcome you back to work after being away for a little while.
I was made to feel very special on my first day back yesterday. Thanks in particular to @officialjackiekabler for her filming skills and for the banners, @simonbiagi for the red carpet, @aliyoungbeauty and Emma for the flowers but thanks to all my work colleagues who hugged me so much I was in danger of getting a repetitive strain injury!! You all made my first day back after a very tumultuous 18months really special. I am so grateful for you all. My gratitude extends far beyond just yesterday though. So many of my colleagues helped me through my chemo sessions when Covid restrictions meant I couldn’t have anyone with me - hilarious WhatsApp groups were set up to keep me company and distract me and they made me laugh so much that the chemo nurses had to ask me if I was ok!!(the contents of those chats will go with me to my grave!! Yes @aliyoungbeauty I am looking at you! 😂😂).
A soup kitchen was established so I always had something tasty and delicious in my freezer for when I was too tired and sick to make my own food, visitors came to quietly chat or walk very slowly by my side (anyone who knows me knows that a life threatening illness is the only thing to get me to walk slowly!!!). I want to name all the fabulous colleagues who quietly helped me but there just isn’t room but I do have to say that, as well as those already mentioned, @presentinglee @alikeenan1 @gill.gauntlett @delbrown.tv @lottey81 @pipagordon @jftvqvc @halvorsen.tina were just a few among an army of colleagues from work who have been amazing and for whom I will be eternally grateful. Now I am back at @qvcuk and normal life is resuming I hope you will all join me on air to celebrate this wonderful thing that is life and maybe we can enjoy a slice of it together for an hour or two and do some fabulous shopping while we are at it! I will be back on air for the first time on Thursday 25th July at 1pm. It would be lovely to have you with me (even if it’s only to see how I have forgotten to do my job whilst I’ve been away!!! 😂😂). It feels good to be back. Xxx

It is such GOOD news that Micéal is well enough to resume work. I'm very pleased for him that he had such stellar support from his colleagues at QVC. It's a testament to what a thoroughly good egg he appears to be in his conduct and his writing.

Latest posts

Back