Messy Sets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
What is going on with the sets lately ? They're changing on a weekly basis and are frankly a mess. One minute its a kid's nursery with building blocks everywhere, then its random furniture plonked around with a huge tv screen at the back, followed by various entrance/exit that models appear from like a cuckoo clock. Last week we had an empty set with the models appearing in a vast expanse with runway lighting, and now its minimalist with a few bits on a rail.

When fashion is involved nothing can beat the runway they used for years with the girls appearing, doing a swivel and going off again. If it aint broke........................

I saw a fashion show earlier and a model appeared and I thought what the heck is that furniture doing in the way. She was in the background and the furniture in front of her. She had to go around it so we could see the clothing. Honestly, why make things difficult?

A few weeks ago think it was Debs Flint on and she was shouting for the models to come out of the different set doorways, as the camera was on the area but the model wasn’t appearing. Apparently I think it was the lighting signalling system that wasn’t working, so the models stood behind had no idea the camera was focused on the doorway waiting for them to come onto the set.
😂😂😂

Flipping heck negotiating the large feet of the chair stands, the baskets, the floor matting, whilst looking towards the camera and making sure the coat is on correctly and looking good.
😲🤕🙄

Attachments

• E3245E1F-9C42-4D86-9720-521370971452.jpeg
    E3245E1F-9C42-4D86-9720-521370971452.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 95
And why do they have to stand to present jewellery ? we get long shots of a spindly legged display table with presenters legs also on display. Much better when it was the solid counter and they sit down behind it.
I'm not a fan of , again 'spindly legged' furniture, it doesn't look stable - but its fashionable in home decor lately, and how many times have handbags fallen over and crashed on the narrow table tops during presentations. I even preferred Elemis when it was presented massaging the model on the couch (although the pandemic did away with that), then for some reason each product was shown on a different pedestal !

Latest posts

Back