Message for Craig

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fluffwump

Registered Shopper
Constantly interrupting the guest with your inane drivel is downright rude! and to be quite honest I couldn't give a toss what colour your kitchen is or how you like your coffee, you spoilt what could have been a really interesting hour and totally wasted what was obviously a very knowledgeable guest, what makes you think we are more interested in what you have to say anyway....... wise up we're not!
I suggest that you take a look back at the Illy hour and note how many times you interrupted, and how we didn't get to hear the rest of what the guest had to say, your presenting was absolutely abysmal!:headbang:

Constantly interrupting the guest with your inane drivel is downright rude! and to be quite honest I couldn't give a toss what colour your kitchen is or how you like your coffee, you spoilt what could have been a really interesting hour and totally wasted what was obviously a very knowledgeable guest, what makes you think we are more interested in what you have to say anyway....... wise up we're not!
I suggest that you take a look back at the Illy hour and note how many times you interrupted, and how we didn't get to hear the rest of what the guest had to say, your presenting was absolutely abysmal!:headbang:

Appears you read my mind, only just sent an email to QVC this morning on the very same subject, asking them consider letting the guest presenters actually speak and share their knowledge rather than hearing about what a girlie they either are or how many northern nights sets they own.

Do you think I should paste this page on his FB account so he could see. x

It might be helpful if he also read the product description before going on air because for the whole of the Illy hour he was under the impression he was selling an 'expresso' machine.

Craig it is ESPRESSO !!!! What on earth must the coffee 'professor' { I kid you not } from Illy have thought of his ignorance. Mind you he does know it is 'brand' new so is still streets ahead of JF who says both 'expresso' and 'bran'new.

I was actually quite keen to see the Illy machine with a view to buy but was so utterly annoyed with that annoying little creature I switched off. As mentioned by others, I couldn't give a damn about his kitchen or likes/dislikes in coffee. He was horribly rude. I have also complained to QVC, it was so unprofessional.

This has to have been the least informative presentaiton about a kitchen gadget I have seen on QVC. I don;t need to be told when I like to drink coffee with my friends etc. whether to put choc sprinkles on top etc. I want to see an actual demonstration of the product. How do you actually make a coffee with this machine? What do you do with the pods? Where do you put water?How long does it take? Can you also use ground coffee? What different types of coffee pods are avialable? I watched 15 mins of the 20min video online (there were still black machines available later on) and gave up. None of these quesitons were answered so QVC will not be getting my custom on this one....

I know I've been "accused" of over criticising Craig but he really needs to change his presenting style (IMO). As well as the above comments I really cringe at his facial espressions and body language especially the hand and arm gestures.

People's opinions of various presenting styles is personal, for example I don't mind JF, her gaffs don't irritate me to the point of changing channel as Craig's presenting style does.

I do wish he and other presenters would read and take on board our comments, most of which are quite constructive (apart from the occasional b!tch!ng sessison :cool:).

If you remember back to the search for a new presenter contest you'll remember the constant advice to the contestants to make it more personal, to introduce stories of their personal life. It's a sales technique to sucker people in, to sell them a life style and I think the presenters get it drummed into them to appear friendly, to built up a,relationship with the mugs at home, to make us feel like we're their friends.

QVC need to rethink this whole concept. When I buy somethig I don't want stories of their home lives. I want measurements, I want to see the interior of bags etc, I want to know if replacements are available if the product requires them. The presenters are not my friends.

I can't be the only consumer that just can't watch Craig, I find everything about him irritating, I see him as OTT and samrmy, he is so eager to please I could scream, if someone asked him to jump he would ask how high. So please QVC put him on a permanent late evening shift 9to12 pm, when there is usually something else worth watching on the telly.:wink:

I posted on this very topic on the 'oh do shut up' thread yesterday, because it wound me up so much.

In addition to all the moans listed above, why did Craig need notes for a product he's supposed to have owned and used for a month?

They should have had someone like Anthony do this show - there would have been twice as much info given out then - and without crib cards.

I was really looking forward to this show with a view to buying a machine by a coffee maker instead of the usual ones I have bought (eg Bosch, Phillips) and was also frustrated by the interruptions while the guest was explaining how to use the machine.
It was over the top about having a warm cup of coffee to hold in your hands or what kind to drink on a Sunday afternoon....sounds like AY and her 'occasions' to use this product!

It was also embarrassing that he said he spent time researching this when it was clear he had not looked at pronounciation, eg Barista (Craig said 'barrister') and Arabica (ariba as in 'ariba ariba andele!') and so the guest corrected him. Even the types of coffee he got wrong and said 'mocciato' when it is either macchiato or mocha. Considering he said he had the machine a month in advance of this show the presention and research was very poor.

I have since found that this machine uses exclusively Illy capsules so you have to really like their coffee blend or there is no point getting this machine which the poor guest probably didn't get a chance to tell us!

I am a fan of Craig but even I was getting a bit annoyed with him yesterday. He just seemed SO excited by the whole show bless him but I did wish he'd wind his neck in a bit!!

I would just like to say that most presenters have notes if an item is technical and so on but other presenters hide them better!!

Catkins - I think notes are less of an issue on a technology show where there might be half a dozen gizmos to be 'expert' on - but not on a show with just two items. Especially when one of the two is coffee pods!

Did not see the show but was wondering if he maybe had too much coffee?????????????:rock:

Yes I watched the Illy show and the obsequious little creep didn't stop his inane yapping about what type of coffee, latte, chocolate etc he likes to drink, how he MUST get a black one because his kitchen is black, blah blah blah. :headbang: After 20 minutes I gave up because the guest presenter still hadn't fully demonstrated how the thing worked. I also have to say he was a bit up himself, wtf is a professor of coffee???

If you remember back to the search for a new presenter contest you'll remember the constant advice to the contestants to make it more personal, to introduce stories of their personal life. It's a sales technique to sucker people in, to sell them a life style and I think the presenters get it drummed into them to appear friendly, to built up a,relationship with the mugs at home, to make us feel like we're their friends.

QVC need to rethink this whole concept. When I buy somethig I don't want stories of their home lives. I want measurements, I want to see the interior of bags etc, I want to know if replacements are available if the product requires them. The presenters are not my friends.

Especially when I suspect that some of their stories are concocted (i.e. fibs). Or boastful.

Yes I watched the Illy show and the obsequious little creep didn't stop his inane yapping about what type of coffee, latte, chocolate etc he likes to drink, how he MUST get a black one because his kitchen is black, blah blah blah. :headbang: After 20 minutes I gave up because the guest presenter still hadn't fully demonstrated how the thing worked. I also have to say he was a bit up himself, wtf is a professor of coffee???

Obsequious little creep.... Hilarious!!

I have since found that this machine uses exclusively Illy capsules so you have to really like their coffee blend or there is no point getting this machine which the poor guest probably didn't get a chance to tell us!

Ah ha maybe they didn't really want us to know that, as I for one would not buy it if that was the case!

Latest posts

Back