Memory Foam Topper Suggestions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I've finally broken DH's will & he's agreed to let me buy a topper with the 3-Easy Pay code that expires today!

Any suggestions which one to go for? I'm leaning towards the True Sleeper. I know I could get it cheaper off eBay, but DH is adamant I'm not keeping it if it's carp (though he did like the NN feather topper we had until it went flat because he was too lazy to help me fluff it!).

I know most of you here love them but which one do you have?

TIA

I bought 826358 and its a load of rubbish. As I said in my review on QVC, perhaps if you have a soft mattress it will make a difference. The memory foam topper from QVC is not dense at all. In the end I went to my local furniture village and bought Tempur pillows which were/are great, we got a good deal as well. I wouldn't recommend a Tempur memory foam topper because of the price, but what I am going to do is next time I need a new bed, I'll buy memory foam.

I hope someone can can tell you something a little more promising, but I'll never change my mind, as I've ordered it and think its rubbish.

I bought 820500 just to see how it would feel after I'd thrown away my leaking feather bed. I was surprised how good it was/is considering it is the cheapest one available. I will defo be upgrading to something a little more substantial, would love a Tempur mattress but they are a little pricey and I have to say I hated the Tempur pillows, I bought four and ended up selling them on ebay. If I was you, I would take advantage of the easy pay and get the one/s you want and send them back if you dont get on with them.

I have the True Sleeper and bought when it was a TSV nearly 3 years ago, and I have been very happy with it. I have just took it off my bed only because i bought a new mattres last week and bought a memory foam one the topper has been rolled up and put into the loft.
At the time lots of bought the True Sleeper and the thread on them went on for ages.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have a few more hours to think about it, but I definitely need to do something. I wake every 40-45 minutes to roll over (side sleeper) as my hips & shoulder ache so much. I've been dog tired for years & am sure this has something to do with it. I can't blame the bed either - it's only 6 months old & is comfy when I'm in it (Dh loves it, too), but I've had this aching problem for years with my old bed & when I've slept away from home. The feather topper helped while it was fluffed so I'm praying that memory foam will give me a good night's sleep.

I remember the True Sleeper thread - I've been here for years, just haven't posted much & also had to change my name after a problem signing in. Didn't a lot of people get a similar topper from someone on eBay? Wish I could find the thread.

Grovesy - did you get a cover with yours? Do I need a cover? I thought I'd put my padded Dunelm topper over it for protection as it seems to have enough room on the sides to be able to cover an extra 2 inches (plus the fleecey side is lovely in the cold :)).

Thanks All.

I bought a memory foam topper from QVC some time ago,also one from Ideal World ,both the solid type,not egg-box construction.The IW one was cheaper,thicker and much more comfortable and I wouldn't be without it.I had a NN featherbed before but still woke up in the night with an aching back,but now can sleep in blissful comfort all night. I'd recommend getting a cover for the toppers as you can't wash or clean the foam.

I bought one from ideal world a couple of years back and its fantastic - would take it on holiday if I could squeeze it in the suitcase!
Do not wake up now at all with any aches! :)

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have a few more hours to think about it, but I definitely need to do something. I wake every 40-45 minutes to roll over (side sleeper) as my hips & shoulder ache so much. I've been dog tired for years & am sure this has something to do with it. I can't blame the bed either - it's only 6 months old & is comfy when I'm in it (Dh loves it, too), but I've had this aching problem for years with my old bed & when I've slept away from home. The feather topper helped while it was fluffed so I'm praying that memory foam will give me a good night's sleep.

I remember the True Sleeper thread - I've been here for years, just haven't posted much & also had to change my name after a problem signing in. Didn't a lot of people get a similar topper from someone on eBay? Wish I could find the thread.

Grovesy - did you get a cover with yours? Do I need a cover? I thought I'd put my padded Dunelm topper over it for protection as it seems to have enough room on the sides to be able to cover an extra 2 inches (plus the fleecey side is lovely in the cold :)).

Thanks All.

The cover was not an option when I bought mine but I always use a mattress protector anyway even before I bought the topper. I have noticed over the last few years companies are making mattresess protectors deeper than previous.

I bought this one and can't stand it. It makes me sweat buckets and although the horrible rubbery smell does go, it's a pain while it lasts. Don't even think it's that comfortable and much prefer a featherbed. It's now been relegated to the sofabed supplies.

Item - 827095
Responsa 5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper & Velour Cover with Anchor Bands
£105.00

Thank for all your replies. I went for the TS as it can go back if it's horrible/doesn't help. The reviews for the Responsa say that it's packed very tightly & I wouldn't have a hope of re-packing it for return!

Wish me a good night's sleep very (I hope!) soon :)

I am getting a new bed in the sales and was thinking about getting one with Memory foam - are they ok for us asthma suffers???

I bought a topper (not memory foam) a couple of years ago and it made me sooo ill. I since have had two NN featherbeds (could return them if they were no good) and they have been ok.

I've got a memory foam pillow & it hasn't worsened my asthma (which was particularly bad at night until I finally got the right meds). I'm hoping the topper I've ordered won't affect it, too.

I read somewhere a few years ago (AllergyUK maybe?) that some foams break down with heat & release fumes that can make asthma & allergies worse - another reason to buy from QVC as I can return it if affects my lungs (though I haven't heard anything bad from memeory foam uses, except maybe the initial smell).

I have the True Sleeper and bought when it was a TSV nearly 3 years ago, and I have been very happy with it. I have just took it off my bed only because i bought a new mattres last week and bought a memory foam one the topper has been rolled up and put into the loft.
At the time lots of bought the True Sleeper and the thread on them went on for ages.

It was a German seller on Ebay that a some people bought from. I think they were seconds though because a few folks complained and they sent them another topper and were told to keep the 1st one.
My topper is from Costco with a cover (which came with it), king size. I love it. I have a mattress protector over it and then a flannel fitted sheet, then a cotton fitted sheet on top of that. (All sheets from QVC NNights).

Thanks All - just one more q?

My topper arrived on NYE & has been lying flat on the spare bed ever since. I was shocked when I unpacked it as it was folded & rolled & came with a slip of paper saying it was from Thane Direct! The creases in it look like the beach when the tide has gone out, there's a huge lump running through the middle where it was folded & one side is about the 5cms they advertise but the other side looks like it has slipped & is only about 2cms thick. The thin side actually looks like it's been sliced sideways instead of downwards.

So it's been over 72 hours since unpacking & lying flat but nothing's happened in the *it's-starting-to-look-like-a-topper i.e. looking-equal-and-square* department. Should I give it any longer or just put it on the bed & hope it settles down? It's still smelly, too! Have I got a faulty one? I'm never gonna be able to get it back into the original packaging to send it back!

TIA (again!)

How do people send them back if they don't like them especially if you cannot get them back in the original packing?

I have ordered

Comfort Sleep Memory Foam Portable Roll-up Bed with Cover
Clearance Price£102.39
QVC Price£147.48
Item Number826266

I thought this would be handy for sleepovers. I live in a small flat and thought it would be easier than an aerobed.

Thanks All - just one more q?

My topper arrived on NYE & has been lying flat on the spare bed ever since. I was shocked when I unpacked it as it was folded & rolled & came with a slip of paper saying it was from Thane Direct! The creases in it look like the beach when the tide has gone out, there's a huge lump running through the middle where it was folded & one side is about the 5cms they advertise but the other side looks like it has slipped & is only about 2cms thick. The thin side actually looks like it's been sliced sideways instead of downwards.

So it's been over 72 hours since unpacking & lying flat but nothing's happened in the *it's-starting-to-look-like-a-topper i.e. looking-equal-and-square* department. Should I give it any longer or just put it on the bed & hope it settles down? It's still smelly, too! Have I got a faulty one? I'm never gonna be able to get it back into the original packaging to send it back!

TIA (again!)

This doesn't sound right at all alter ego. I've bought a couple of these and they've both been the right shape immediately. I'd give CS a call and ask for it to be collected if I were you. They'll just tell you to pack it up as best you can and wait for the courier. (I hope your courier is more efficient that the one in my area. I've been waiting since the middle of December for a collection and CS just keep telling me that they'll rearrange it!).

not being horrible but your paying like £80 on QVC but on bid tv price-drop tv and speedauction tv you can get them for under £40 for double or king size and they occasionaly do single for under £25

It does not sound right to me either. Mine went to shape fairly quickly but the smell did linger for a few days.

Hi Alter Ego, I've got the True Sleeper (the same TSV years ago) but I left mine in the conservatory to "air" for about a week. It also had a lump down the middle which didn't really go but in the end I put it on the bed with the lump side facing down and it was fine (lump disappeared) and mine didn't look in shape either. I'd give it another couple of days airing and then stick it on the bed and see how you get on with it. I love mine; even the OH admits it's comfortable. I just put a cotton mattrass protector on top before the sheet.
Hope it works for you.

Latest posts

Back