Memory Foam Mattress topper advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a double memory foam topper which I got from Dunelm about 2 years ago. It was £99 then and the best thing I've ever bought! It's got one side flat and one side ribbed, but I can't say I notice which way around it is. I don't find it hot.

I love it and it's made such a difference to my sleep as I have joint/stiffness problems and a gammy knee. I dread going on hols in case I have a rubbish bed and I always can't wait to get back to mine again. :grin:

Mine came in a protective cover with those corner straps, but they pinged off quite quickly. I never bothered to sew them on again as I end up putting my fitted sheet over just the topper as they are rarely deep enough to cover both the mattress and the topper, so I have my valance covering the mattress/bed base.

Last edited:
I have a double memory foam topper which I got from Dunelm about 2 years ago. It was £99 then and the best thing I've ever bought! It's got one side flat and one side ribbed, but I can't say I notice which way around it is. I don't find it hot.

I love it and it's made such a difference to my sleep as I have joint/stiffness problems and a gammy knee. I dread going on hols in case I have a rubbish bed and I always can't wait to get back to mine again. :grin:

Mine came in a protective cover with those corner straps, but they pinged off quite quickly. I never bothered to sew them on again as I end up putting my fitted sheet over just the topper as they are rarely deep enough to cover both the mattress and the topper, so I have my valance covering the mattress/bed base.

That sounds like the one I was looking at Lottie. The reason I said £130ish was because I need the superking. Many thanks

Cheryl

Last edited:
I got mine from IW it only cost about £55 as I remember, Love it would not be without one now.xxxxx

I got mine from Ideal World too, a pick of the day with free memory foam pillows ( which I do not use as the pillows are so uncomfortable, like bricks).

I love my topper. Got one for my daughter, son and also my grandchildren. Don't know how I managed before I got one and it is sorely missed when I go on holiday.

Not exactly the same but some time ago I was interested in buying a memory foam pillow. A friend had a spare one which I borrowed to see if I liked it. I'm glad I did because I couldn't stand it, found it very strange and uncomfortable.

I don't know what it is about the mf pillows, but we bought a couple as we love our toppers so much and thought they would be good too. I think they are dreadful, luckily we got them from TJ Hughes at a good price so it could have been worse.

I much prefer our Silentnight latex pillows and would highly recommend them.

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/1272394/reviews.htm

The best pillows I have ever used are either my Tempur Millenium Queen or my Putnam (who also do mattress toppers), they are shaped and allow for both side or back sleeping, useful when I wake up with Sidney Greycat draped across my tummy preventing me from moving! I find I end up alternating them, I am not sure why.

By the way, M&S do some "climate control" bedding: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Mark...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3. This may help for the warmer among us!

Latest posts

Back