Maxx NY bags - any thoughts?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just watching the show and these seem to be an odd mix with no real theme running through the range. The cross body/ bum bag was weird, some are leather, some plastic and some fabric.

Pipa says they are good as there's not too much hardware and bags with lots of hardware can be really heavy before you put anything in them. Mmm wonder what she will say next time she is presenting KVZ.

Apparently Glen raves about these bags. That really should be enough to put me off but I still like the zebra/giraffe one.

I liked the big bright coloured ones but I would never pay those sort of prices for one. Seems like quite a few have though.

They aren't my cup of tea and seem very expensive for what they are - just had a quick look on QVC.com and they are far cheaper on the US website with a fair few comments that the quality has gone downhill lately.

I had to laugh when the designer said that she would place her products in the same category as those costing £2000+ - now I don't think any handbag is worth that much but she is basically saying that she has a brand equivalent to the likes of Mulberry and Prada. { all over priced but at least I've heard of them }

I actually put some in my basket, as I liked the colours. Then I sat back and asked myself whether I was willing to pay that kind of money for a coloured bag, when I could get bright colours, quirky lining and LEATHER from Boden, for less money in most cases.

Luckily the shopping basket expired. Saved by the 30 minute cutoff, yet again!

Off to salivate over the denim patent bag in the Boden catalogue...

I actually put some in my basket, as I liked the colours. Then I sat back and asked myself whether I was willing to pay that kind of money for a coloured bag, when I could get bright colours, quirky lining and LEATHER from Boden, for less money in most cases.

Off to salivate over the denim patent bag in the Boden catalogue...

OMG I love those Boden bags ATG..I am so lusting after the Aqua one!

Yet again overpriced, old fashioned Yankee carp. I have seen better in our local high street for a lot less money.

Off to salivate over the denim patent bag
in the Boden catalogue...

OMG i'm after that too....it's gorgeous :32:

I think these expensive bags look really cheap and nasty,I have to say the Dents one I saw on Gems looked nice but at £110 too dear for me,I just bought a leather shopper off ebay for £23 and I think it looks much classier than the dearer ones which don't have true style(I am sitting here in joggers ,a jumper and an old cardi,eat your heart out Glen,oops forgot the slippers).

Ooh, I rather like the duck egg blue/aqua one & the lining looks quite substantial, I hate those flimsy nylony linings but that looks quite thick & sturdy! The pink is lovely too but maybe a bit 'young' for me? (Or maybe not! lol)

I love those bags too. I have received a Boden catalogue this week with 20% off and free p&p but I've got my eye on a shirt. I've already purchased 2 bags this year and really can't justify another!

Online at www.boden.co.uk. Once you're on their list, they seem to send out a new catalogue every month. It's rarely worth paying full price for anything, as they do lots of 11%-off/free delivery & returns offers and sundry reductions as the season ends.

This is THAT patent bag...

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/Womens-Accessories/Bags/AM107/Womens-Fabulous-Patent-Bag.html

Thanks for the link, lovely bag. Unfortunately they didn't show the denim one, just green and pink. However, think I may send for the catalogue anyway.

Latest posts

Back