Maxx NY bags - any thoughts?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I'm curious to what people think about this range. The bag on now - a two-tone blue Arizona Pebble Leather bag - while Glen described it as 'playful' and fab with jeans etc - it remided me a bit of those flight attendant bags from the 70s. And, despite what the guest thinks, if I'm 'going out in my jeans' I'm unlikely to grab a £90 bag as I go out the door! Are they incredibly stylish (and my sense of style gone out the window?) or are they a bit dated looking?

Overpriced

Hi,
They are not to my taste and are bl**dy expensive IMHO

:15::15::15:

Yet again more expensive handbags from a designer we have never heard of!!!!!

They are very American - and their fashion is always 'dated' compared to ours.

Personally, from what I've seen so far, they are nasty. £125 for a coated twill bag, yuck.

How many more of these expensive "designer" bags are qvc going to try to sell us. My goodness there are much better bags in the high street. I keep banging on about good old TKMaxx but I have seen some great bags in there today not to mention loads of £20.00 birkis there was also some great gatineau kits and Ecotan. I'm in there so often I'm sure the store detective thinks I'm a bit iffy.

I know what you mean - I love Tk Maxx. It is my favourite shop and think of it as my second home. I am sure the staff think I am iffy too because I am happy to look around and if I do not buy anything then I have still had my fix. Having said that - I do like that shiny purple bag they showed on qvc today.

We don't have one near us - but we do have a Home sense which is great. If only they would sell the handbags, shoes and beauty stuff in there it would be good, but I don't think they come under the banner 'home'!!

Maxx NY Bags - any thoughts?

I know what you mean - I love Tk Maxx. It is my favourite shop and think of it as my second home. I am sure the staff think I am iffy too because I am happy to look around and if I do not buy anything then I have still had my fix. Having said that - I do like that shiny purple bag they showed on qvc today.

Wish I could find a TK Maxx that sells the things you find - I've never seen Birkis or any of the handbag ranges mentioned. I have to admit I did like the very large black patent style shopper (also came in pink and natural) this afternoon but not at the price they were asking.

Hi,
They are not to my taste and are bl**dy expensive IMHO

:15::15::15:

Not my taste either, I am begining to think that QVC have lost the plot, there seem to be handbags on every other day.:ANYWORD:thumbs down

Not my taste either, I am begining to think that QVC have lost the plot, there seem to be handbags on every other day.:ANYWORD:thumbs down
I can only imagine handbags must be selling well or there wouldn't be so many on QVC. However a lot of the QVC bags are very expensive so the idea of updating an old outfit with a new bag doesn't stand up as a lot of us would spend less on a new outfit than the cost of a QVC bag.

On the subject of the Maxx bags I really like the animal print one on the promo but I so shouldn't buy it!

Yes - and gardening shows. Next it will be a 200 quid patent bag that you can carry your trowel and dibber in round your country estate size plot...

Yes - and gardening shows. Next it will be a 200 quid patent bag that you can carry your trowel and dibber in round your country estate size plot...

It's the time of year for gardening shows though, there aren't that many for the rest of the year.

The bag on now - a two-tone blue Arizona Pebble Leather bag - while Glen described it as 'playful' and fab with jeans etc - it remided me a bit of those flight attendant bags from the 70s.

I know exactly what you mean & think you've just answered your own question there Nicky! lol

Are they incredibly stylish (and my sense of style gone out the window?) or are they a bit dated looking?

They are rather dated I think & there's very little real substance to them, style wise, when you look a little closer!
I do like some of their colours though in the pebble leather, the citron & that lilac shade are gorgeous but I'd baulk at paying those kind of prices for a colour!

I love pebble leather (I'm a real careless klutz with bags, so generally avoid the 'buttery soft' like the plague!) & usually have one as my everyday bag but......my current one cost a fraction of those prices!

Gawd, £66.50 plus £4.95p&p for a nylon bag. Are they having a laugh. It looks like it comes from the market for a couple of pounds. Also, where is Pipa's hairline? It is so far back it looks like she has a huge forehead.

seems to be a lot of sell-outs so they must be appealing to someone!

Depends how many they started with I suppose. The one thats on now is nearly £170.00 plus £6.45 p7p, I can't think too many people will be rushing to buy this one.

Latest posts

Back