Mathey-Tissot Timepieces - Monday 25 July @ 8.00PM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I'd really like to like Fayon, but she's pretty shocking She comes across as having been programmed by IW management and I often feel she's only superficially engaging with what the guest/co-presenter is saying.

Perhaps she's just a bit nervous and needs to settle in. Mind you, I'd be nervous around that bunch of shylocks.

I feel for her, I wouldn't be comfortable amongst that load of freaks.

Sadly I doubt she'll get long to settle in, I don't think Ideal World has that long itself :mysmilie_59:

I'd love to agree that the pile of steaming shite that is IW is heading down the tubes, but I don't think it is. I think it's just repositioning itself in the market - they're just going hard on price, and they're after the market that used to be catered for by catalogue shopping/Littlewoods/Index. It's probably a lucrative and relatively underserved market. The cheapness and tackiness of everything, the choice of presenters like Sally Jacks et al. all fit with the business model and I think they actively enjoy sticking two fingers up at the prissy, staid style of QVC etc. Essentially, they are the Millwall of home shopping television.

I'd dearly love to see their chickens come home to roost but I really don't think it will happen any time soon.

I'd love to agree that the pile of steaming shite that is IW is heading down the tubes, but I don't think it is. I think it's just repositioning itself in the market - they're just going hard on price, and they're after the market that used to be catered for by catalogue shopping/Littlewoods/Index. It's probably a lucrative and relatively underserved market. The cheapness and tackiness of everything, the choice of presenters like Sally Jacks et al. all fit with the business model and I think they actively enjoy sticking two fingers up at the prissy, staid style of QVC etc. Essentially, they are the Millwall of home shopping television.

I'd dearly love to see their chickens come home to roost but I really don't think it will happen any time soon.

I think you're dead right, they're definitely positioning themselves toward a particular market. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with that if they've identified an underserved group of punters who like certain products and a certain style of presentation. Good for them, and the people they aim to serve is what I say.

What makes me think there's a problem is (not to put too fine a point on it) is the utterly shocking sales tactics. These watch sales are beyond the pale. What is being said is at times utterly incredulous and the only other place I have seen this behaviour in recent memory is on the Sit Up Channels and we all know what happened there.

I've long questioned Ideal World's 'exotic' pricing claims but now there seems to be untruths being told about actual products, something I've never really noticed before.

It's very bad and can't be the actions of a booming company, surely? :mysmilie_59:

Totally agree with you, Wirral. It all seems to be getting more desperate, more frantic. And they're really pushing at the boundaries of ASA tolerance.

Taking the audience as fools........ - surely not from I/W. As Victor Meldrew would say, - "I don't believe it". :mysmilie_17:

DO NOT, under any circumstances, let on to those unscrupulous, unprincipled, unethical, immoral, amoral, conscienceless, untrustworthy, shameless, reprobate, exploitative, corrupt, corrupted, dishonest, fraudulent, cheating, dishonourable, deceitful, devious, underhand, guileful, cunning, furtive, sly, wrongdoing, unsavoury, disreputable, improper, bad, evil, wicked, villainous, roguish, sinful, ignoble, degenerate, venal, crooked, shady, shifty, slippery,
dodgy, dastardly collectors........

THAT KEVSKI IS IN THE BUILDING AT 10PM

Pushing the boundaries? The ASA seem to do b..g..r all about penalising any of these channels as far as I can see, so why should they worry? Has anybody EVER seen any really tough penalties given to any shopping channel?

QUOTE;863615]Totally agree with you, Wirral. It all seems to be getting more desperate, more frantic. And they're really pushing at the boundaries of ASA tolerance.[/QUOTE]

DO NOT, under any circumstances, let on to those unscrupulous, unprincipled, unethical, immoral, amoral, conscienceless, untrustworthy, shameless, reprobate, exploitative, corrupt, corrupted, dishonest, fraudulent, cheating, dishonourable, deceitful, devious, underhand, guileful, cunning, furtive, sly, wrongdoing, unsavoury, disreputable, improper, bad, evil, wicked, villainous, roguish, sinful, ignoble, degenerate, venal, crooked, shady, shifty, slippery,

I fear it might be too late, Momma. Those scheming traders have already been alerted, and are ready to take full advantage of Kev’s fantastic discounts. I don’t even bother competing any more, not even when there’s a pricing error on top of the amazing savings.

I think this show will have to be held secretly in future (invitation only), just to give the ordinary viewers a chance. “Put them on the insurance,” they say. Chance would be a fine thing!

If you're wondering how he sells them so cheaply, it's no secret that Kevinski leaves no stone unturned when it comes to securing the best possible price for his customers... View attachment 12617 View attachment 12618 watc3.jpg

Is it too much of a job to sort the price error out before they come to air? :wonder:

I'm surprised these ne're do wells only snatch three or four pieces at a time and not the whole lot!

Vermin :mysmilie_10:

I think that Kevski and co's office might look something like this.images-3.jpegimages-1.jpegimages-2.jpeg There is a happy customer and finishing work at the end of s rewarding day.

Hey Momma - have you swallowed a dictionary or wot! I am mightily impressed with yr wurdissms. :mysmilie_17:

Momma 'Roget' Bear

Hey Momma - have you swallowed a dictionary or wot! I am mightily impressed with yr wurdissms. :mysmilie_17:

Thanks Dave.......obviously took me hours to think of all those :wonder: *cough*

Is it too much of a job to sort the price error out before they come to air? :wonder:

I'm surprised these ne're do wells only snatch three or four pieces at a time and not the whole lot!

Vermin :mysmilie_10:

On that last show with Peter Simon and Kevinski, it was easy to imagine them having a good laugh over the 'price error' story.

I wonder what cock and bull story he has in store for us tonight...perhaps Igor has a cosignment of strictly limited edition, glow-in-the-dark, worn by royalty, unique timepieces, that he has been able to release to Kevinski as a last minute, extra special favour. Kevin, in turn, feels duty bound to pass on the watches at a substantial discount...

Mr Reynolds likes to play the old 'respectable dealer passing on big savings' routine, but his sales patter seems more Arthur Daley than professional businessman. He's ideally suited for this channel:mysmilie_59:

On that last show with Peter Simon and Kevinski, it was easy to imagine them having a good laugh over the 'price error' story.

I wonder what cock and bull story he has in store for us tonight...perhaps Igor has a cosignment of strictly limited edition, glow-in-the-dark, worn by royalty, unique timepieces, that he has been able to release to Kevinski as a last minute, extra special favour. Kevin, in turn, feels duty bound to pass on the watches at a substantial discount...

Mr Reynolds likes to play the old 'respectable dealer passing on big savings' routine, but his sales patter seems more Arthur Daley than professional businessman. He's ideally suited for this channel:mysmilie_59:

Oh he's a gem. I never used to bother with the watch shows but now they are one of my favourite hours. I love his little fabric........er stories. Love how he thanked 'Jenny from TNT' last time for getting them put on an earlier delivery slot haha. I wonder how they manage to do the price errors without creasing up laughing :mysmilie_17:

Gonna be tuning in at 10 tonight, it's a defo not to be missed, I may even record it. Get yours before someone else get's yours! :mysmilie_17:

Just wish it was Pope Pete and his "mat le Tissier" :)
I think Kevinski and Shaun might be too nauseating for me together, might have to give it a miss, damn me missing all those watches, could've made my fortune re-selling the priceless pieces :(

Just wish it was Pope Pete and his "mat le Tissier" :)
I think Kevinski and Shaun might be too nauseating for me together, might have to give it a miss, damn me missing all those watches, could've made my fortune re-selling the priceless pieces :(

I wonder if Honky Tonks Jase is going to be the lucky recipient of a Vostok this Christmas?

Could be worse. Nanty's poor 'Me Mam' will probably get her second, hand me down Actifry.

'Cook me sum Chips now, Me Mam' :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0206.JPG

Well folks Kevski still hasnt managed to fix his "pricing error" they have decided to keep the price at £399.99 rather than the "correct" price of £479.99, I hope his Micky Mathey Mouse watches dont have as many errors when they were made like his pricing policy has.

Kinda says it all about the credit of this channel when they need to roll out these old tales to try and flog everyday middle of the road watches.

Ooooft while I type this I really am noticing our old commrade Kevski really likes his new line of "this is the wring price this should be much more blah blah blah...................Kev mate a wee tip you sound more desperate by the MINUTE.

Us ordinary punters don't stand a chance against the professional collectors. Life just isn't fair!!!!! We could start a petition against them buying the watches before us, it has to be done.

Latest posts

Back