Masai Copenhagen Fashion - coming to QVC in April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was an expensive boutique type store near me who stocked this brand. I bought a few pieces heavily discounted in a sale. I was a heck of a lot thinner then so not sure what the sizes on Q will be like.

Masai Copenhagen, a new (to QVC) fashion brand coming on the 9th April.

Definitely in the higher price bracket, but they seem to have some more natural fabrics and less polyester.

https://www.masai.co.uk/shop-collection/
Just let's see what Q do with them... keep the high prices but trundle on down to the polyester warehouse, I fear...assuming the brand doesn't disappear as quickly as they've arrived on Q.

I also bought some of their bits a few years ago when they had a concession in Fenwicks at Brent Cross. I still have them, because they're too good (and were expensive) to give to charity.; and NO none of it is poly/elastene 😂 😂

Oska was another brand of quality with similar styles.

The fit will be good too. Marla Wynnes cuts are awful. Baggy wrists, inconsistent sizing and far too much fabric when its not warranted!

I also bought some of their bits a few years ago when they had a concession in Fenwicks at Brent Cross. I still have them, because they're too good (and were expensive) to give to charity.; and NO none of it is poly/elastene 😂 😂

Oska was another brand of quality with similar styles.
Last time I was in, back in November 😥 this brand was still there.
I know they are a natural brand... but Marla Wynne was a viscose girl until she suddenly became a polyester girl. All it took was a TSV.

They're in a different league from the Q. Their website is amazing, so organised & helpful with a shape guide & the common sense info about how to measure by putting your finger between body & tape. Years ago I bought a couple of dresses from Fenn Wright Manson who had a short spell on the Q, I wonder if Masai will stay any longer. It'll be interesting to hear the tat peddlers enthusing about natural fabrics that require ironing when so many proudly announce they don't own an iron.

I`ve had a quick look at their website and only the odd item is my kind of thing. Big, baggy and billowy doesn`t suit me and even though I don`t mind a bit of a pattern , some of their patterns are too big or too bold for me. I love bright colours and they seem to do a lot of blacks, greys or beiges. I agree their prices are high and hope for those who like the brand that their quality over the years hasn`t deteriorated and they are still as good as they were in the past.
It says they`re designed in Copenhagen but doesn`t say where they`re manufactured and once again I hope the brand hasn`t been outsourced in recent times. I`m sure there will be people who will jump on the new brand coming to Q, much the same as they did with previous brands such as Yong Kim and the chance of EP`s will tempt people in too but as mentioned above, the possibility of a tsv especially made for Q may be the wrong thing. Time will tell.

I associate Masai with lagenlook. Not a style that suits me, unfortunately. I can't fit into Mint Velvet.
I love lagenlook & have a number of what my Mr T calls marquee dresses; at 5'5" & size 10-12 I'm not statuesque so don't show these flowing garments off as well as others could. I've got stuff from Masai, Gudrun Sjogren & Wrap London, all from eBay, every one a bargain & well made.

I just don't fit into the right demographic for these brands - I buy cheap and cheerful, I don't suit sludgey colours and it has to be a sale bargain. Also there's a limit to how much I can fit into my wardrobe.

Latest posts

Back