Marverine on Sky News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Was at the gym the other day and they had Sky News on in the Member Lounge / restaurant. I'm sure it was Marverine reading the news!

I thought she had been on Sky News in the past. Certainly says so on her LinkedIn profile.

Yes, she has worked for Sky News, check out this link www.marverinecole.co.uk/tv.html

Good grief that's going back a bit. She mustn't have stayed long if she's not even credited as bring a presenter, must've done the graveyard shift. I only see the news when husband points something out but I've got to say, I wouldn't have recognised her she looks so different. I've had Sky for twenty six years and even with law of averages, if I'd have channel hopped on to Sky I wouldn't have recognised her now, then she wasn't a name or face I'd have taken any notice of, but thanks anyway.

Why in Gods name did she feel the need to gurn and roll the eyes constantly on Q when it is obvious she didn't do it when employed as a newsreader.

Makes you wonder if on Sky she was keeping it well under control or if Q was an act.

Why in Gods name did she feel the need to gurn and roll the eyes constantly on Q when it is obvious she didn't do it when employed as a newsreader.

Makes you wonder if on Sky she was keeping it well under control or if Q was an act.

I've seen her presenting news recently and she was absolutely fine. It's so odd that she was like a different person on QVC.

They must think being normal, acting normal and talking normal is a weakness. I mean look at Ms Flint, she could enter the Eurovision Song Contest her voice is so singy songy, what's that about?

Three of Sky's long serving anchors were 'let go' last month so it could well be that they're buying in cheaper presenters to fill the slots.

It's the breathy way DelBoyFlintyBint speaks at times which gets on my wick. Makes me think of a certain type of chat line - not that I have any experience but it is my perception of it!!

It's the breathy way DelBoyFlintyBint speaks at times which gets on my wick. Makes me think of a certain type of chat line - not that I have any experience but it is my perception of it!!

I'm sure that's were she must've got the inspiration for one of her slutty "novels" :mysmilie_17: She must be due to churn another bargain bin classic out, that's if she's got a spare ten minutes.

Disclaimer......I have never, nor will ever, read one of Fibby Flints efforts or put one penny in her bank account.

Marverine seems fine when she has a basic script to read. She was just hopeless when having to wing it on QVC. Didn't have the skill set required.... and knew she didn't - which is why we got all the awful body language and gurning.

Good grief that's going back a bit. She mustn't have stayed long if she's not even credited as bring a presenter, must've done the graveyard shift. I only see the news when husband points something out but I've got to say, I wouldn't have recognised her she looks so different. I've had Sky for twenty six years and even with law of averages, if I'd have channel hopped on to Sky I wouldn't have recognised her now, then she wasn't a name or face I'd have taken any notice of, but thanks anyway.

I've had sky from almost day one and I'm a news junky but like you I've never seen her, like you suggest she must have done the graveyard shift sack then.

I've not seen her on Sky News (and I watch a fair bit of that), but I think she did appear on Central News the other day.

As regards supposed different personalities, shouldn't a professional do just that?Adjust their demeanour for the situation in which they find themselves?

I just wish someone had explained to her that she wasn't in Waterworld acting as a seal clapping her hands waiting for someone to throw a fish.

Latest posts

Back