Marlawynne TSV 22/02/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who the heck is continually buying into all this?

At midnight Ann introducing the hour says Melissa Marla Wynne is what we are talking about.
For anybody out there not familiar with the brand what is it, because we just love it!

She is definitely the person that brings us really good collection based dressing.
She is a New York based designer.
Has very clean handwriting, nothing kind of over designed, nothing tricksy.
Yes nothing tricksy! Always a purpose to her kind of designs.
But basically what we showcased at 9 was the best of her collection, all the pieces that go together and of course Todays Special Value.

Oh and according to Melissa, Marla has really knocked it out of the park!!!

🙄🙄🙄😴😴😴🥱🥱🥱

Overpriced, yes - not to everyone’s taste , yes, but at least at the start her designs were a bit different from Kimmy and Renee but this is like something you would buy from Asda to wear under your coat going for a walk or around the house and you certainly wouldn’t be paying this price.

Maybe I’m missing something and it will wash well and keep its shape and look stunning for years. Somehow don’t think so.

I just don’t get it. The fabrics are without a doubt of a better quality than most of QVCs fare.However….
As someone who was always super slim now that I’m in my 50s - and prob the target market- I’m apple shaped with a tummy that I want to go away or at least disguise!
I can honestly say that at 5’4 I would look like a sack of spuds in most of MWs offerings.
Why are the tops always so ‘blocky’, stiff and short at the front - right where most middle aged women’s danger area lies.
Chloe has a lovely figure but she looks really weighty in the TSV and as Melissa is busty with slim limbs she always looks like an egg on legs.
I once fell for the balloon dress hype. Man was that a mistake.
Anyone else think MW’s range is a case of the emperor’s clothes?

I just don’t get it. The fabrics are without a doubt of a better quality than most of QVCs fare.However….
As someone who was always super slim now that I’m in my 50s - and prob the target market- I’m apple shaped with a tummy that I want to go away or at least disguise!
I can honestly say that at 5’4 I would look like a sack of spuds in most of MWs offerings.
Why are the tops always so ‘blocky’, stiff and short at the front - right where most middle aged women’s danger area lies.
Chloe has a lovely figure but she looks really weighty in the TSV and as Melissa is busty with slim limbs she always looks like an egg on legs.
I once fell for the balloon dress hype. Man was that a mistake.
Anyone else think MW’s range is a case of the emperor’s clothes?
Most definitely yes as was Yong Kim and now Marla Wynne.

This sweater from M&S is much more me than the TSV offering.
Can be ordered with free to store next day delivery plus if unsuitable can be returned to store within 30 days free all for £15.

Attachments

• CCA6DAC6-6D48-4916-B2C0-D97032DB2B13.jpeg
    CCA6DAC6-6D48-4916-B2C0-D97032DB2B13.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 79
How funny! I bought that one as well! There are some lovely little tops in that £15 range.

View attachment 23138
I bought the animal print for mum for her birthday end of last year, now only left in an oatmeal option and then the spotted one for Christmas.

Attachments

• AD411107-65A5-4D06-AD28-383E714281F6.jpeg
    AD411107-65A5-4D06-AD28-383E714281F6.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 671F1A1F-AE06-44D2-BC03-E3DCE472129D.jpeg
    671F1A1F-AE06-44D2-BC03-E3DCE472129D.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 63
😂😂😂
Oh is it nice, do you like, it how is the size?
I‘ve shown the web page to hubby he’s not got the hint as yet. 🤭
I really like it. It’s fairly thin but not meant to be a heavyweight winter jumper. I will wear it as I do the others I have bought the last year or so (plain colours and patterns): instead of a t-shirt when something warmer is needed, sometimes under another top or open cardi/jacket. They get a bit of a “brushed” look in time but in my experience, don’t lose shape or look shabby.

Not so much with these, but I am finding M&S jumper sizing hit and miss at the moment so will often get two sizes to try (and of course, unlike QVC, you don’t have to pay two lots of P&P for that!). Depends whether you want the looser or more fitted look. It seems their current range of bigger/heavier jumpers are designed to be baggy but they just looked wrong on me so I went a smaller size in most cases. If you read the reviews, quite a lot are saying they would normally buy Medium but had to get Small (or XS!) for their preferred fit. As I say, not so much with the £15 ones in question.

Oops, went on a bit there!

I really like it. It’s fairly thin but not meant to be a heavyweight winter jumper. I will wear it as I do the others I have bought the last year or so (plain colours and patterns): instead of a t-shirt when something warmer is needed, sometimes under another top or open cardi/jacket. They get a bit of a “brushed” look in time but in my experience, don’t lose shape or look shabby.

Not so much with these, but I am finding M&S jumper sizing hit and miss at the moment so will often get two sizes to try (and of course, unlike QVC, you don’t have to pay two lots of P&P for that!). Depends whether you want the looser or more fitted look. It seems their current range of bigger/heavier jumpers are designed to be baggy but they just looked wrong on me so I went a smaller size in most cases. If you read the reviews, quite a lot are saying they would normally buy Medium but had to get Small (or XS!) for their preferred fit. As I say, not so much with the £15 ones in question.

Oops, went on a bit there!
Thanks for your helpful reply, really appreciated.
Hope someone gets the hint on the stripe one before it sells out. 🙄

Who the heck is continually buying into all this?

At midnight Ann introducing the hour says Melissa Marla Wynne is what we are talking about.
For anybody out there not familiar with the brand what is it, because we just love it!

She is definitely the person that brings us really good collection based dressing.
She is a New York based designer.
Has very clean handwriting, nothing kind of over designed, nothing tricksy.
Yes nothing tricksy! Always a purpose to her kind of designs.
But basically what we showcased at 9 was the best of her collection, all the pieces that go together and of course Todays Special Value.

Oh and according to Melissa, Marla has really knocked it out of the park!!!

🙄🙄🙄😴😴😴🥱🥱🥱
I thought she mentioned handwriting! What it's got to do with a baggy old jumper I haven't a clue🙄

Melissa would probably describe a black plastic bin bag as elegant if it had MW stamped on it. 😉
I heard Melissa inform Ann that she has bought 24 sets of Marla's two pack vest tops, Ann was gobsmacked and said "really"??. Yes, I wear one nearly every day said Melissa happily. So she should because at almost £50 incl. delivery, that works out at £1,200 for polyester vests! Must be crazy or super rich..or both.

I heard Melissa inform Ann that she has bought 24 sets of Marla's two pack vest tops, Ann was gobsmacked and said "really"??. Yes, I wear one nearly every day said Melissa happily. So she should because at almost £50 incl. delivery, that works out at £1,200 for polyester vests! Must be crazy or super rich..or both.
Yes right from the freebie MW store.

Latest posts

Back