MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 21/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No guest for the brand tonight.

The TSV is very expensive and very thin, so see through!!!

Jilly looks awful in hers and she usually manages to make most things look OK.
No Marla .I wonder if she is aware of what is being presented in her name.

the marla wynn range is very overpriced in my opinion but thats most of qvc fashion. is marla having a strop why she does not visit uk anymore

I agree with what you all have posted n here. I definitely think the buyers must give the designers a "brief" about what they want as all the designers offerings are clones of each other. If this didn't have the floral detail on it could have been either a Join, Anthony or Nina Leonard piece. It's a shame as I did think Marla's designs had a classy edge. Unfortunately this just looks like every other nasty, shapeless garment on QVC. It's expensive but sadly looks cheap!

I was always put off by her prices but a little while ago I ordered 2 TSV dresses. One look when they arrived and they were straight back to QVC. I have better dresses from IW bought for £15. What is happening?

Jilly looks awful in hers and she usually manages to make most things look OK.
No Marla .I wonder if she is aware of what is being presented in her name.
I didn't think she looked too bad in it, better certainly than a purple Join monstrosity she had on yesterday.

Interestingly no-one modelling this tsv is holding up their arms ! they're almost holding their elbows in, because if you raise your arms only slightly the whole thing will just 'ride' up. Not 'easy' to wear methinks.

Yes, I thought something looked odd about the arms/sleeves

I don't think any generation likes that hemline. QVC brainwashes people into thinking it's a flattering hemline, purely because it's loose fitting so they'll get less returns due to fit (or lack thereof).

I quite like an assymetric hem, prefer that to a shark bite one

I didn't think she looked too bad in it, better certainly than a purple Join monstrosity she had on yesterday.

I found myself watching that show and thinking exactly the same thing - Jilly is a lovely, curvaceous lady and that top just made her look dumpy n frumpy

I reckon the buyers in the Fashion department are very prescriptive in their choices for a TSV which explains why we get a rapid rotation of shark-bite tunics, waterfall cardis and stretchy trousers. They may introduce a brand because (a) it sells well in the US or (b) it offers something different BUT THEN the powers that be or the buyers lose their nerve and only commission safe QVC styles that they're confident will sell.

Trouble with the USA, imo is that unless you live in New York or California they don't seem to be fashionable judging by some of the American tv shows you see.

For some reason it reminds me of a top-half equivalent of the trousers Dick van Dyke wore, doing the 'Penguin Dance' in Mary Poppins...

Trouble with the USA, imo is that unless you live in New York or California they don't seem to be fashionable judging by some of the American tv shows you see.

That's like an American judging our fashion sense through watching Coronation Street and Emerdale..... Even Eastenders (which is set in London) doesn't reflect well on us.

Within every country and every walk of life, rich or poor, there are people who dress well, and people who dress not so well.

I agree this is not a very wearable shape with the restriction on the arms, but never mind it may be tunic length today but next week it will be a midi length dress as it will DROP & DROP.I ordered a couple of MW pieces when she was new to QVC but returned them all---there was always something odd about the fit & the fabrics were not substantial enough for me.The cut of most of the tops with the side seams coming forward gives that fullness at the front & longer back length---IMO not good.

Maybe I'm a skinflint but some of the prices are eye watering. Tops starting at 58 plus postage and one at 85 which Lesley assures us would be at least £100 anywhere else.

I have a couple of MW pieces from the start and whilst they are a wee bit better than say MH there is no way they are worth this especially since the quality seems to have gone down.

All of these are available even in slightly better DHS shops at a good bit less.

Whatever we think of MW they have hit the lowest offering yet from the 'design house' (ha ha) of Yong Kim.I am not going to say what I really think of this except someone is making a load of cash.They will be churning these out for a pittance & Ingrid must be getting paid a huge amount to turn out looking like this.

I saw an hour with Evie where Jilly was wearing a sharkbite hemmed top in bright pink.... Now I like Jilly but she is quite hippy and this shape looked dreadful on her, even though the colour suited her.

Latest posts

Back