MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 06/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Clingy crops especially in pale colours are the devils work for those of us with a chunky thigh- and I certainly have a pair of those!!

Poor Marv looked awful, she even changed from a trainer to a high court shoe to try and improve the look, but it didn't help. I think to style a cropped trouser with a court shoe is a fashion disaster anyway.

I was giggling at Sydney Marla's daughter prancing like a gazelle on the catwalk and I'm certain she wouldn't be seen dead in those crops in her "real life"!!

Thanks,Lemonsqueezy, I was wondering who that model was :)
I agree with all those who have said that Marv looked awful in the TSV , her thighs looked as if they will bust through any minute, such an ugly sight. Poor Marv, she thought she looked good in it.

I'm glad I'm not alone thinking how bad they look, I was worried I was being mean.
I have had a look at the range and I do like the balloon dress with sleeves but not sure if they are worth the money. I would need an XL and worry it would just make me look even bigger.
Wish I had seen them when they were a tsv and I might have got one then

The presentation was a lesson in how not to sell a product ! Those in the Gallery who had the same view as us must have been screaming with laughter, and yes I agree, sending a larger girl in trousers that were 2 sizes too small down the runway was cruel beyond belief. No woman ever wants to look how she and Marv did. Good job they had long tops on, or we would have been treated to an unhealthy dose of camel toe.

The presentation was a lesson in how not to sell a product ! Those in the Gallery who had the same view as us must have been screaming with laughter, and yes I agree, sending a larger girl in trousers that were 2 sizes too small down the runway was cruel beyond belief. No woman ever wants to look how she and Marv did. Good job they had long tops on, or we would have been treated to an unhealthy dose of camel toe.

Considering how tight those crops were, it would have been more moose knuckle than camel toe

saw these this a.m before I read these comments, no-one even the size 10 models looked good in these.I can't wear cropped trousers anyway but bet I would look better than Marv, just awful, poor girl.I won't order MW items now as have in the past & have been very disappointed.The fabrics are not good & the sizing in some cases weird. Marla does talk a good talk but am no way tempted.

I had the morning repeat on in the background whilst getting ready for work this morning, and my reaction was...

TROUSERS!!! They're called TROUSERS! trouserS trouserSSSS TROUSERS!!!!

Where on earth has this fashion singularisation of "trouser" come from? I can't be an Americanism as they call trousers "pants".

I'm really not a grammar/language pendant as I like the fact that language moves on and words change, but it only seems to be fashion types who use the word "trouser"

I actually like Marla she talks a good talk, seems to have a sense of humour and seems quick thinker with some of her comments to the models. How did she manage to reinvent herself from producer / director whatever it was to fashion designer?

I switched on at midnight to watch the TSV then, saw Marv - I'm sorry if this offends anyone else but I simply cannot watch and/or listen to that woman talking over people, laughing exaggerating sorry turned off and watch the presentation of the TSV in the morning 11 show.

I actually love it when Marla is here, and I also love some of her clothes, I have several items, they are so comfy, I am not a dress person, yet I have five balloon dresses shorter and longer, and I also have the polo neck version in purple and also in the black.
Not decided if I like the trousers yet though.

I love some of her tops, I'm 5ft only and often wish I was 5'9" things look great on models, and I'm chubby but I have no trouble looking, and feeling good in Marla's clothes.

One of the things I have also noticed when Marla is on, is how relaxed she is, and I'm a great believer in the fact that you should be as relaxed as possible, because that's when you look comfortable in things you wear - like her, I don't wear anything in the undies department that holds me in - inevitably because they're uncomfortable and noticed - regardless of what others may say.

Last edited:
Pull on trousers guaranteed to give you a 'creased crotch' if you are over a size 0 ... :grin:

I think Marla said on the TSV launch show that when she had a meeting with the the buyers at QVC about the next TSV they said what about a pair of trousers which I dont think Marla was expecting.
I think it is a case of QVC telling the designers what they want and not what the designers want to produce.
I do like some of Marla's designs and colours but again find the price to high.
QVC cannot even design a website or app that is fit for purpose let alone clothes!
Together clothes ( plus a lot of other brands) also seems to have fallen victim to being QVC'D, long gone are the unique tops they used to produce replaced with tops with garish embelleshments and dodgy prints that some deluded buyer thinks that we the customer are going to like.

I had the morning repeat on in the background whilst getting ready for work this morning, and my reaction was...

TROUSERS!!! They're called TROUSERS! trouserS trouserSSSS TROUSERS!!!!

Where on earth has this fashion singularisation of "trouser" come from? I can't be an Americanism as they call trousers "pants".

I'm really not a grammar/language pendant as I like the fact that language moves on and words change, but it only seems to be fashion types who use the word "trouser"

Well, you know where America leads, then we generally follow. How long before we start referring to Mathematics as Math ? (as in 'do the Math')

I didn`t get either the top with the forward slanting seam which was supposed to be flattering to the tummy ...personally I don`t think it worked ..... I do like some pieces but can`t justify the prices being on a limited income now I try to buy bargains that don`t break the bank!!

I didn`t get either the top with the forward slanting seam which was supposed to be flattering to the tummy ...personally I don`t think it worked ..... I do like some pieces but can`t justify the prices being on a limited income now I try to buy bargains that don`t break the bank!!

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think Marla calls this a 'butterfly cut', I think it made the models look bigger than if they were wearing something more fitted. I also like some of the pieces, they look well made and are in nice fabrics and colours, quite classical I think. However like you there is no way I would spend that kind of money on clothes. I like watching Marlas shows though, its a change not to have awful garish fashions that QVC seem to think we all desire.

It's like the tops thT have ****** elastic at the waist, they are so unflattering it's untrue.
I will admit to having a pair of crops, from Asda like my jeans they are the wonder lift ones and they're fab

The "Americanisms" have started, i.e. 'tank top' when did we ever call them that over here. Incidentally, I missed something, I came in from the kitchen at a time when I heard Jackie say to Marla "the P word is not allowed, it means something else here!"

Did anyone else hear that, what P did she mean or am I naive or daft LoL it's bothered me since.

Oh I remember Tank Tops from the 70's, usually brown with cream stripe and deep waistband and worn by kids on Rally Chopper bikes or one of these:mysmilie_546::mysmilie_546::mysmilie_546:

Latest posts

Back