MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 06/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder what this one will be. I don't suppose it will be another dress. I just hope it will still be Marla Wynne and not dragged into the polyester sharkbite world inhabited by other US designers on QVC. Maybe some of her flatter fit trousers?

I loved my Marla Wynne TSV dress, however, after just a couple of wears it started to pill horribly and is no longer for for wearing in public. Very disappointing as I did really like the style and drape of the dress.

I loved my Marla Wynne TSV dress, however, after just a couple of wears it started to pill horribly and is no longer for for wearing in public. Very disappointing as I did really like the style and drape of the dress.

I've only worn my twice but so far ok. On Tuesday I did get caught in torrential rain with only a very short jacket, it was soaking but as soon as I came home I hung it up to dry intending to iron it later but when I went back to it was less creased than when I had put it on in the first place and appears to be none the worse for it.

BTW what colour did you get as often that makes a difference (shouldn't but it does) mind is the wine colour.

I missed that TSV. Well I ordered without watching the presentation as I was sick at the time so the sizing was completely wrong and then it was sold out in the colour/size I wanted so I couldn't exchange. Shame.

At one time there were a lot on eBay (BN) but they were near the TSV price so I didn't bother even though I wouldn't have minded another one, but I rarely wear dresses it's not worth spending a lot. I hate my legs so if I wear a dress it has to be with opaque tights in winter or near maxi length in summer so I wouldn't wear a dress in spring or early autumn.

I ordered the flatter fit trousers here. I'm a 14-16 but read reviews on a previous item to size down so ordered the 12 and 10. I could have kept either pair, with the size "10" :mysmilie_15: being the better of the two. But the fit wasn't right - tight on the thighs and baggy around the knees* which made the tight thigh material look even tighter! The length was perfect full-length on me (28" inside leg) so will I order these?...probably not unless they're on 3 easy-pays. Then I could return them under the DSR (or whatever it's now called). *I should add that my with lots of scar tissue my knees are very chunky so I've never had this bagginess in any other trousers.

On a positive note the soft aqua colour was lovely and although the fabric was quite fine it didn't show lumps and bumps but did show a VPL in the wrong pants! TMI? Can't comment on how the fabric would look after washing.

For 50 quid I could buy better fitting trousers on the high street.

That is very interesting to hear, Pick-a-Lily. I was worried when this TSV had the same dress but in a polyester (however you dress it up with words) rather than the viscose which she'd had rave reviews for. I would be interested to know if anyone here has had the same experience with the viscose or the velvet versions.

I have the viscose sleeveless version of the TSV dress. Have had it a while and it hasn't bobbled at all. If I'm honest though I think the colour has added a little but it was quite a watery colour in the first place so I might be mistaken. Its a lovely dress. I think the fit on the viscose one is completely different to the TSV dress though. I ordered the same size but should have probably gone down two sizes in the TSV. I didn't because it was sold out.

Just a bit of further information re the pilling of my MW dress. It has happened across the bust, I think where the opening of my coat has rubbed, and also on the hip, where my bag has rubbed.

Latest posts

Back