MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 05/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have the sleeveless version of this, in grey.
Love it.
Excellent fabric quality, and creases drop out if it is hung up straight from the wash.
I'm 5'7" and it comes to just below the knee - which is too short for my legs. So i wear it with leggings or skinny jeans, or a slim fit jersey maxi shirt.

Hope it is a good price. And lots of colours, though i do like that wine shade.

I love that plum shade, and the black. The neckline is perfect. I would prefer more length, maybe but.... My bank account is trembling in terror...

On the colour front - Kathy says:

n Monday we are bringing it to you in a luxurious crepe fabric in four classic colours – black, midnight blue, burgundy and mushroom.

The one alarm bell ringing for me is the luxurious crepe fabric... I was hoping for the viscose.

Could I ask what the sizing is like? To get the looseness do you need to adjust your sizing etc?

not rip roaringly cheap then. they are usually £67 ish in the jersey unless this fabric is far more expensive

Could I ask what the sizing is like? To get the looseness do you need to adjust your sizing etc?

I would say you need to buy it on your bust size.
If fits me from neck to just above waist, where the ballooning starts. But I am quite plump, so if you are slimmer around the ribcage, it may fall from the bust.
No idea about the fit on the arms, though.

If this is a different fabric from my viscose jersey one, then all bets are off though...

I have a few Marla Wynne things but not in this fabric. I think her fit is true to size. And the arm fit is fine but I don't really ever have an issue with the arms so if you do I'm not sure that helps.

I find her clothes a little shorter than I would ideally like and I'm only 5 6! Tops tend to finish at the top of the thigh at the lowest. Her dresses are on the knee for me.

Like Crinkly I have the original sleeveless version. I bought an odd colour for me and I wish I hadn't. Its a sea green and I never know what to wear with it. Had it been navy, plum of black I'd wear it a lot more.

This to me does not seem an easy shape to wear for most people so a TSV? I love Marla's styles when I see them on TV but when I have tried a few pieces they just haven't lived up to my expectations.I tried one cardigan & the sleeves were SOOOOOOO long ( & I don't have short arms) so that had to be returned.

I really like the look of this dress but it would not do anything for me. I think you would need to be quite tall and slim to get away with wearing this shape which I am definitely not! At least it is a different brand having a TSV for a change.

I like it but at 5'2 it will be far too long on me so my money's safe. Like the sound of the midnight blue.

CC

Hmm; methinks the composition of the dress will be 95% poly & 5% elastane. I was hoping for a viscose dress. Pity, because I like the idea of a midnight blue dress. Jay
I'm going to reserve judgement until I've actually seen the dress demonstrated. As a woman of a certain age, with impromptu personal summers occurring rather frequently, I like the natural fibres better, though I do like a decent crepe (2 of my favourite Kim dresses are plain crepe ones).

I like the sound of black, midnight blue and burgundy... the only one I'm "meh" about is the mushroom... at least until I've seen it. If it's a darker taupy grey, I could be in trouble!

I wish they would put the darned thing up on the website. I fancy the midnight blue, but I am going to be out most of Monday, and I'll be damned if I'm staying up til midnight tomorrow for it!

I wish they would put the darned thing up on the website. I fancy the midnight blue, but I am going to be out most of Monday, and I'll be damned if I'm staying up til midnight tomorrow for it!

they dont always put them up early though you could try calling up & asking but there is loads of ways really but id be here all night explaining them all

I really like it,but I quite like the look of a lot of her knitwear things,so was hoping for something like that,as I've never tried the range before.the thing is with this dress is its all over ebay for pennies.as is the style of Yong Kim and join.....just search under lagenlook.i cant speak for the quality of the stuff that is on offer but these types of dresses are all there,even if you search parachute or balloon dress.

Inlike the look of it but not for me. It makes a feature of the knees which Inhave always been self conscious of even in my skinny days when I wore mini skirts I felt I had fat ugly knees. This design seem to frame the knees so to me only suitable for those with good knees.

I also agree with the high neckline and boobs comment. Maybe why Marla always styles her tops with a chunky necklace.

I was just watching the Tig hour with Kathy Tayler and Carla Laszlo. They had all four of the colourways shown on the models while they were modelling the bags.
Curses, I like all of them!!!! My bank account hates me :mysmilie_512:

I will go for this dress, so I have to come to a decision about which one to get and in what size...

The mushroom looks to be a warm soft browny taupe. Neckline has quite a wide scoop, which I love.

Latest posts

Back