Marla Wynne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I assumed that the American fashion 'designers' who pitch up on Q (with the exception of Kim & co) also appeared on Q in the U.S. Apparently not.

I checked out Marla Wynne on Q U.S and there is no mention of her - the same with Dreamkeeper, - I don't mind either of these brands, but why push them on to us when we could give the space to our British designers.

It seems barmy to me that we are keeping designers in work from across the pond, when we have so many of our own design students who would kill to have some publicity in this country. Why doesn't Q give say 4 shows a year to up and coming designers and give them a chance, - they devote time and money to the very worthy BCC annually, so just think of the goodwill Q would create by giving our youngsters some valuable airtime.

I don't begrudge the US designers... and at least Marla Wynne is not identikit fashion like many of the others. The models actually look like they enjoy wearing Marla's stuff.

But it would be lovely if they did similar to what they are doing with Beauty and looking for a new brand to champion.

Honestly, I doubt someone fresh out of fashion college could take on the QVC as a first venture - it's a business degree they'd need first and foremost... but there must be other brands who perhaps are trying to break out of catalogues (as Join were) who would be geared up to supply the voracious beast that is QVC. It would certainly be a great way to bring some diversity and freshness to the QVC fashion offering.

I'd want to stipulate a few rules...

1. You can't visit the same fabric warehouses and factories the other brands have been using.
2. You can't use embellishments on everything.
3. No sharkbite hems.
4. Try to incorporate breathable fabrics (cotton, viscose, modal).

QVCUK as we know is an American company, not a franchise were they can sell what they like, the parent company in the States calls the shots. If SBC and Elemis, two British brands weren't so big sellers here they'd drop them in a flash, as for "fashion" they want the tried and tested American "fashion" from QVC America here in the UK, because it's all about the almighty Dollar.

As QVC charge p & p per item I can't imagine anyone would want to risk buying items where the fit is critical and I think that's why we get so many stretchy items which are quite forgiving. I order from M & S or Next online because I can order several items for one delivery charge and just return them if they don't fit and there's no worry about getting "the letter". As QVC won't change their p & p policy I can't see us getting a change for the samey items we get now.

I'd like to see more affordable ranges. I like Join and Marla Wynne, but there is no way I could afford to fill my wardrobe with their ranges. A single item would be a considered purchase. There are lots of good, affordable ranges here in the UK and Europe. European clothes are good and it would be good for the environment with fewer shipping miles on everything. And I agree on the fabrics - I can't wear Kim and Co because it makes my body feel like it is suffocating, and the static is a fire hazard!

I like watching Marla Wynn and I like that the fact that everything is neutral or classic colours and the cut is really good. The price, however, is a little out of my reach. I would expect them to be good quality though and last for years. Buy a lot less fashion now but I have recently bought a hugely expensive Susan Graver top which I was umming and ahhing over but every time I have worn it everyone is commenting how good it looks on me. I may just have to keep that one.

Didn't QVC used to have new British designers on way back in the day? Or is my memory playing tricks? Or was Michele Hope an upcoming designer in those days?

CC

I agree with Brissles, I think British first to be honest, and if there's still some room, then bring in the Americans by all means. I personally, do like Marla Wynn herself, but I have in recent months bought several items, they are very nice, comfortable, generous sizing, and I love the materials she uses, so I will purchase more.

Unfortunately, I single her out because I so dislike the other American fashions Q bring to us, as I've said many times before which Q in the States either doesn't want to know, or listen to, American women and very very different from UK and for that matter, Italian and German women, I used to so enjoy the days when I could watch QVC Germany as a comparison - it's different, but I can't watch it now. The Americans can't teach the Italians anything about style or quality - uh uh I'm sorry, they just know better.

I could go on further but you would probably all tell me where to go, suffice it to say, I'm not a huge American fan. As for Kim & Co - well she's not American her goods and herself are from Montreal. All I have against her fashions, is that they (for me) are too flowery, and also her sizing is about 2 sizes smaller than most other sizes mainly I assume because of the fabrics she uses.

That's all folks, so here endether my lesson LoL:mysmilie_8:

I like Marla's style & thought it would suit me but all the items I have ordered have been returned.Just didn't suit me enough but also the fabrics were not as expected & the sleeves of one cardigan went on forever.I noticed on the presentations the other night that the fabrics were so sheer.I started not ordering on the internet (not only QVC) footwear but now clothing as I have to try on & go down (or UP!) a size.Yesterday I returned 2 items to a company (NOT QVC) by Royal Mail I took a chance at paying nearly £5 instead of the 'tracked next day delivery' of nearly £12. Can we not expect a parcel to arrive at it's destination for a reasonable sum? Sorry nothing to do with Marla!

Latest posts

Back