Margaret Dabbs 4 Piece Discovery Collection Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Must admit that I thought it wasn't a hangover due to lack of headache. (Have had some humdingers in the past)

Have now come to the conclusion that while my body acknowledged it was a hangover my head must have been in denial - a bit like some of the F.A.R.T.S:giggle:

Who can you be thinking of? Hmm. I have just turned on to QVC and Allison and Andrew (Big B*ll Bagley) (thats what my family have named him), are banging on about £60.00 worth of products. Before farting I would have been reaching for the phone but now I just laugh at the screen and think, no way. The blinkers are off and I am no longer an addct. It's a miracle.

I still don't know why anyone f.a.r.t. or otherwise would want feet like an emu. I'm on speaking terms with one and charming though he his his feet are not his best feature.
Seriously I hate the way QVC skate over the fact that emu oil is taken from dead birds, a by product of the food industry. Reminds me of how they don't tell us about a certain clothing man's other much more famous business.

Emu Oil is from actual emu's????? I so didn't know that. I thought it was just a name. I'm just starting to learn about what's in the products I slap on my skin and I haven't got as far as MD yet cos I haven't needed to buy any. God that's horrible. Who eats Emu's????:puke::sad:

Emu Oil is from actual emu's????? I so didn't know that. I thought it was just a name. I'm just starting to learn about what's in the products I slap on my skin and I haven't got as far as MD yet cos I haven't needed to buy any. God that's horrible. Who eats Emu's????:puke::sad:

I can see your point Love A'kin, after all baby oil is not made from babies, fairy liquid is not made from fairies but sadly emu oil is extracted from a pad a little bit like a saddle beneath the skin of the bird's back. I know this is silly and sentimental of me (and out of character as I tend to keep a safe distance between myself and feathery friends) but anytime I see the emu at the sanctuary I just laugh at his foolish face and crazy legs. I couldn't justify using an animal oil be it emu, lanolin or beef dripping for beauty purposes.

Last edited:
Awwww that makes me really sad. :(

I won't be able to buy her stuff any more now that I know that. Emu's are cool!

I'm going to write a stern email to MD.

QVC are a bit behind the times on animal friendly products, aren't they? I couldn't even tell you which ranges are cruelty free - except for A'kin.

Cheers sweetie, I'm learning such a lot on this board.

P.S. No parcels yet! :D

Told you the post is rubbish love a'kin. Being fair, in rural areas it used be very common to save the fat of roast goose in a tin and this "goose grease" got used for all sorts of things including being an excellent treatment for burns. Emu oil is much the same it seems. I cannot abide vaseline, I'm not totally anti mineral oil but the smell and texture of petroleum jelly grosses me out but many people use it and find it great. I suppose I want to think science has advanced to the point that animal products are no longer necessary let alone the best for us.

Somehow, individual people using every last bit of an animal that's been killed to feed their family doesn't upset me as much as big business doing it for profit.

How many people like me don't know that Emu oil is from real emus and think that Emu oil is "just a name"? (LOL at Fairy Liquid!)

I haven't reviewed my Margaret Dabbs yet but I'm sure that little nugget of info will be in there somewhere. I wonder if they'll publish it? :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back