Mally tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ooh! so many things i want to say!!!!
I have been having difficulties the last few years with eyeliner. i thought it was the mascara that would end up half way down my cheek by the end of the evening or afternoon but i now know its my eyeliner. When i was younger (and it was more fashionable) i used to used my eyeshadow(wet) as my eyeliner. that baby didnt shift for anything less than a full frontal assault by a heavy grade remover. sAdly its a tad harsh for me now. i hope that this mally one will be a lot better than all of the other khol pencils i have used recently.

I remember the J&J pads, my mpother swore by them, but i found them too greasy/oily and they irritated my eyes. admittedly this was over 20 years ago and they have prolly changed since lol

I am in Belgium now but in the lowlands for nearly 20 years. Actually i think i have spent more time abroad than in the uk lol. I have found that it has recently gotten a lot better for companies sending abroad. last year a load of the clothing companies started. Next (very expensive but cheap postage) and M&S(normal prices but 12.50 pounds postage) etc. Mypure (thanks for the link guys) post everything for a fiver and every week companies have started to realise how much money they can make out of expats. I found 3 food delivery sites the other week that will post up to 30 kg of british grub for 10 quid. woohoo!

My TSV came this mornign and I have to say I am impressed, the mascara is fabulous, the blusher is very unusual but nice, lip stick/gloss is the prettiest colour. I am not very taken with the delivery system of the eye shadow as the applicator is big and drops powder all over but once it's on it really makes your eye lids look smooth. The concealer is a good colour and I LOVE the setting powder as it really brightens your eyes. I am not a fan of black eye liner but this one can be blended until it looks grey.

I've got mine too, but I'm not overly impressed I'm afraid. The colours are all nice, but the blusher is a liquid not a cream and sinks in immediately which unless you put on a tiny bit and spread very quickly/lightly makes you look like a clown...or maybe it's just me!...the lipgloss is ok and I like the twist and turn type the best, but I already have one from ELF and others which are similar in colour, the eyeshadow is a nice colour and the eyeliner is pretty budge proof although black isn't a colour I usually wear, the concealer in light is a good match and again budge proof but I'd preferred it if it was lighter in consistency as I could see where I put it and I couldn't blend it very well. Haven't used the mascara. Mine will be going back. :(

Star, if you don't want to return it and rsik never getting a replacement you could order the concealer set as a separate item and return the broken one from the TSV with postage at QVC's expense. I know it's not strictly the right thing to do but it's a shame if you have to make do with a damaged compact which isn't your fault.

Quite glad mine didn't arrive today as Mr Akimbo met the postman on the doorstep on the way back from his run and i'd struggle to justify more make up :mysmilie_61:

Jude xx

Bless you I never thought of that one! :mysmilie_687: I squashed the consealer back in the box with a knife, picking up all the big bits lol
was quite an operation.:mysmilie_17:

I've got mine too, but I'm not overly impressed I'm afraid. The colours are all nice, but the blusher is a liquid not a cream and sinks in immediately which unless you put on a tiny bit and spread very quickly/lightly makes you look like a clown...or maybe it's just me!...the lipgloss is ok and I like the twist and turn type the best, but I already have one from ELF and others which are similar in colour, the eyeshadow is a nice colour and the eyeliner is pretty budge proof although black isn't a colour I usually wear, the concealer in light is a good match and again budge proof but I'd preferred it if it was lighter in consistency as I could see where I put it and I couldn't blend it very well. Haven't used the mascara. Mine will be going back. :(

Aww what a shame Piecan, it just shows how different we all are, thank goodness for the 30 day mbg eh?:mysmilie_696:

I use eye makeup remover pads which I cut in half because I find half of one does both eyes. They are Greek but made by Johnson&Johnson and in a blue and white largish plastic tub. I imagine you can get them in Boots over there probably called something really inventive like J&J's EMR pads....

:mysmilie_17: Thank you! I *think* I've seen something like that on fleabay. I'm dead dead worried about getting puffy eyes or redness on my actual eye area, so have literally shied away from actually using eye make up removers in the past...:mysmilie_701:

:mysmilie_17: Thank you! I *think* I've seen something like that on fleabay. I'm dead dead worried about getting puffy eyes or redness on my actual eye area, so have literally shied away from actually using eye make up removers in the past...:mysmilie_701:

My 'actual, literal eye area' is very sensitive, but these cheapie pads are fine. I've used really expensive well-known brands of eye makeup remover in the past and had puffy eyes, it's such an individual thing, but at least they will be cheap to discard if you find you are sensitive to them. Let me know how you get on.

My 'actual, literal eye area' is very sensitive, but these cheapie pads are fine. I've used really expensive well-known brands of eye makeup remover in the past and had puffy eyes, it's such an individual thing, but at least they will be cheap to discard if you find you are sensitive to them. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you petal, I surely will :) Thanks for the tips and the heads up!

Off topic but just in case. I am very sensitive to an ingredient called Benzalkonium chloride which is in a lot of eye makeup removers and eye medications both otc and prescription. My eyelids become very raw and painful after a single application but for ages I didn't know this was the culprit.

My tsv arrived today :mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:
im very impressed, i already had the concealer and liked that.
I wondered how the blush was going to differ from the other kinds i had tried, ive had it on for a good 3 hours now and its still on.The mascara is fab i think ill be getting another, really impressed with it all

Mally TSV

I Just got my Mally TSV set today. I think the concealer is very dry looking with the powder and the lip gloss is just OK. The eye shadow is a nice colour but hard to put on. I may be sending this one back.

the mally arrived this morning.
the booklet was like reading a transcript from an episode of ANTM! hysterical!
Tried everything out the way the book said and while my eyes didnt look as bad as i feared (they actually looked enormous) it was def. not a day time look for me. The eyeliner was amazing. i have never really (well not in public anyway)tried to line the whole of my eye before, tried it at home once but it made my eyes look like the proverbial pee holes in the snow lol this liner actually made my eyes look bigger.
made a booboo with the blusher, on the left side i looked like aunt sally but got it under control on the right. the only real problem i had was with the eyeshadow. i think it is very wasteful, i know in principle it should be easy to put on but i got it everywhere lol my eyes looked they had been scorched out.
was a bit confused with the concealer. the book said dont put it were the lines are... hello!!!! find me a bit without lines!!!!
anyway... i took it all off and did it my way and i am very impressed with it now. loved the lipstick once i finally worked out how to get it out and i am sure i will love it even more once i work out how to keep getting it out.
but best of all the liner and mascara have now been on for 5 hours and there had been no slippage, no transfer to under my eye, everything is just where it started out being... woohoooo! score!

Love the mascara! Blush isn't bad either.

A little unsure about the rest of it though. I found the eyeliner a bit smudgy and the eyeshadow a bit messy.

Will give it a few days though.

Glad I'm in the minority. I tried it all again but it's still not for me. I love how easy the eyeliner goes on but by the end of the day it had smudged a bit, the mascara makes the lashes like spider legs bit like Benefit Bad gal but wetter and the eyeshadow although a nice colour (it's like Bare Escentuals Celestine) transferred to my cheeks.

Mine has not arrived yet but my primer did...not sure it is worth the money. To be fair I did not try foundation on top of it...will do tomorrow....but the smell is quite strong. Too much for me I think first think in the morning!

Other people complain about the scent from Elemis PCMC and I love that, just as an example that I am not averse to scent.

Also pot looks big but then the actually part that holds the primer is much smaller....these issues and the fact I ordered the primer on it's own just to see later in the evening a OTO for a few pounds more which had the eye and face primer. Kinda annoying.

Mine arrived yesterday and I was fairly pleased with it, but I wouldn't go mad over it. I could not open the concealor nor the powder for love nor money - in the end I had to resort to a knife. I tried every single technique known to the beauty industry to open them and just couldn't without the aforementioned knife. Anyway, the concealor was okay, but nowhere near as good as my old MP concealor - I guess I'll never find another one as good. :(

The mascara was nice, the lipgloss was nice - I didn't try the blush as it looks exactly the same as my Smashbox blush which I am still only halfway through, so I'll keep it for when I run out. The eyeshadow was okay - don't think it really did anything for me as my eyes are already dark brown and large and I found the eyeshadow just made me look tired. I normally use a blend of eyeshadows so I might try it that way next time and see if there is an improvement.

I enjoy watching the Mally shows, but not really convinced to be honest - I think I'll stick to my Illamasqua and Mac - sorry Mally :(

Underwhelmed at the moment but have had a tough day at work so maybe not in the mood.

Will try again tomorrow before deciding whether this is for me. Black eyeliner is a bit too harsh for my colouring so will reserve judgement until I have had a better attempt.

Its my belief that QVC are sending us subliminal messages about their cosmetic ranges.:mysmilie_17:

Most are, in fact, no better than the cheap end high street brands, that I personally wouldnt look twice at.:mysmilie_11:

Its the sheer fact that QVC are slapping a 'celebrity' endorsement on them that increases their appeal , exclusivity and hence desireability :mysmilie_81:

Its my belief that QVC are sending us subliminal messages about their cosmetic ranges.:mysmilie_17:

Most are, in fact, no better than the cheap end high street brands, that I personally wouldnt look twice at.:mysmilie_11:

Its the sheer fact that QVC are slapping a 'celebrity' endorsement on them that increases their appeal , exclusivity and hence desireability :mysmilie_81:

Couldn't agree more! La Coupe for example - whilst AY is babbling on about 'celebrities', they're flogging the stuff by the pallet load in Walmart, hardly 'exclusive' or 'high end'.......? :mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back