Mally TSV 22/3/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the look of the shadow sticks and would love to own some. I already have the poreless primer, concealer and mascara and lip gloss, but want the shadow sticks!!! I dont need the tsv as I have dry skin and £28 for eyeshadow is too much! P.s. I am annoyed with qvc for using 20 year old models all the time for make up shows...what about 40 somethings with dark shadows, dry skin and fine lines!!

I gave in & went for it too.:giggle:

You all convinced me......as if I need much convincing! :blush:

Hi there Anne,

Yes IMHO the poreless does "secure" things - but I got it for the poreless effect really, which I find works fantasticallly. I have developed a few open pores to the side of my nose and my chin area .. ageing's a bugger isn't it .. !!!

I find that after using this, it gives the illusion of the pore free skin you had when you could go out on a Thursday till 2am, after drinking your own body weight in cider and blackcurrant, and make the early bus for work the next day - still looking great !!!!

The mascara is good too, although for me it doesn't give enough body for a night time look (the old YSL Faux Cils or Max Factor 2000 Calorie are the boys for that ..)

And her eyeliner is a good dark black, soft and easy to work with - you can go subtle or Alice Cooper and it doesn't drag ...

I have to say the Mally make up I have tried, has been of a good standard & well priced too - I really do rate it - although I do switch between Chanel & Bare Escentuals foundation.

Hope this helps....
Missy xx

Helps a lot although were you a lightweight only stopping out until 2am :wink::grin:
God, those were the days that are a distant memory now!

I love the look of the shadow sticks and would love to own some. I already have the poreless primer, concealer and mascara and lip gloss, but want the shadow sticks!!! I dont need the tsv as I have dry skin and £28 for eyeshadow is too much! P.s. I am annoyed with qvc for using 20 year old models all the time for make up shows...what about 40 somethings with dark shadows, dry skin and fine lines!!

I wish that they'd use models that weren't fully made up before they start applying more slap to them.

I've gone for it, ideal for me as I wanted to try her stuff but didn't want any foundation like stuff as I'm a huge fan of laura gellers bnb. Fingers crossed its as good as she proclaims as I would love to try her eyeliner colours in the future if her stuff is good.

I wish that they'd use models that weren't fully made up before they start applying more slap to them.

:hi: That drives me nuts too. :nod::nod: How can you tell whether or not you want to buy this product if you can't tell if it's this products effect you like or the effect of one or more of the seventeen other things the model has on her face?

No easy payments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Never mind, have found a Bobbi Brown palette on 4 easy payments, so that will do for me. (220 775 if anyone is interested) xx

Ooh is that the Antigua? *goes to have a look* Yes it is. I love love LOVE that palette! The Caviar eyeshadow is such a lovely soft black wearable colour for lining - and that blusher! :heart::heart: :heart: The lip colours have a lot less brown in them than the average BB lip colour. (I think that makes them look fresher.)

Back to Mally.... :sun:

I got the TSV. :happy: I use and love the mascara, I've recently rediscovered the power of black eyeliner after a decade of thinking I couldn't wear it, I love the shadow sticks, I wanted to try the face defender, and I have learned that Mally is better at picking out blusher colours for me than I am! Even the ones I look at and think Ooh No! or I've got a dozen like that already look fab and "Mally-licious" :blush: rather than generic and samey.

I resisted the TSV but would really like to try Mally makeup, particuarly the concealer and liquid lipstick. If anyone is going to sell any Mally items on Ebay, please tell me as I would be very interested in buying them! Thanks :)

Thanks AKin, seems i made a good choice. The black eyeliner and mascara in Mallys kit were a bit of a turn off for me. Somehow black for me always make my eye bags look much bigger, so hoping to use the eyeshadow in the Bobbi Brown palette as an eye liner. Also think the peach colour in that would suit me better than the bright pinks xx

You can buy one of her shadow sticks from a certain well known auction site for half the price. Buy one and try. I have used one daily for eight months and it is still going strong so the price is relative I find. Cheaper ones melt in the heat, break, or come in little palettes that defy all attempts to get the last bits out.

I relented and ordered in the last show, but I am probably too late as I got a waitlist order and I don't think they'll be getting any more in. Never mind, I'll get the next one if there is no more stock.

Thanks AKin, seems i made a good choice. The black eyeliner and mascara in Mallys kit were a bit of a turn off for me. Somehow black for me always make my eye bags look much bigger, so hoping to use the eyeshadow in the Bobbi Brown palette as an eye liner. Also think the peach colour in that would suit me better than the bright pinks xx

:hi: I always think a soft smudge of black or another dark colour is more wearable than a hard line, I really hope you love Caviar for that. :flower::up::clapping: I think it's brilliant. I have the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Caviar as well, and I usually smudge that too. I've been using my black eyeliners inside the rim of the eye in addition to a smudge of something else behind the lashes and really loving it.

It makes me laugh when Paul from Bobbi Brown jokes with AY that she should put the BB gel eyeliner on with a brush not by rubbing the pot on her eye after all we've said about her eyeliner on here. :giggle:

I really hope somebody would be brave enough to tell me if I'm over doing it a tad. :blush:

I've only had that Antigua blusher for a short while really, but it has already joined my list of BB colours that work beautifully on almost everybody.

Do let us know what you think cherub. I'm rubbish at reviewing things on the QVC website, but I might try and do one for this later.

Helps a lot although were you a lightweight only stopping out until 2am :wink::grin:
God, those were the days that are a distant memory now!

Those were the days indeed ..... 2am was the latest anywhere was open in the dark and distant days of my youth ... sigh :doh: !!!

Now I would struggle to get past midnight after a couple of babychams !!!

Glad to have been of help ..... I'm now eyeing the kichenaid tsv .... will I never learn !!!!

Missy x

Hmm, they are now selling it on waitlist at the non-TSV price, so I might get mine after all!

I love her stuff but after this day of TSV ing I do think all the presenters were far too overmade up if you you know what i mean lol.............................................. a bit too vampy or drag queen or is it me

I love her stuff but after this day of TSV ing I do think all the presenters were far too overmade up if you you know what i mean lol.............................................. a bit too vampy or drag queen or is it me

Pardon?:emo:

Those were the days indeed ..... 2am was the latest anywhere was open in the dark and distant days of my youth ... sigh :doh: !!!

Now I would struggle to get past midnight after a couple of babychams !!!

Missy x

Same here as well -lol My DD's on the other hand roll in at anything up to 8am

Anyway, my TSV has just been delivered. All looks great but I'm recovering from a stomach bug which I've had since Wednesday:puke: so getting dressed and washing my hair is as far as I'm getting today.

I do think most of the models on QVC look awesome once they've been Mally-ied. There's something different about her makeup, can't put my finger on it but I always get comments when I wear it, it gives a different finish perhaps?

I totally agree about the drag queen comment though, but only in relation to Amica. She's such an attractive lady (ten times moreso in the flesh) but my god, she looked like she's been slapped in the face with a bucket of makeup and that's what stuck. They completely drew across her cupids bow so she looked like she'd had a bad lip job, her eye makeup was completely OTT and her brows looked ridiculous.

Tx

Are you loving this?

It's the first Mally I've bought & to be honest I'm not that keen.
The mascara I have is really clumpy & cloggy, even on the brush when it comes out of the tube. The liner doesn't stay put for me & the shadow is a nice colour but a bit too glittery for me.

Like the blusher, though it seems a bit small after LG, but have to be light handed or it looks patchy.
Lipgloss & compact thingy are ok but I might be sending this back, undecided yet.

i am not a total fan of mally. some of its good some not so good.the masacara even though its a good colour took some of my lashes away and they are still very short lol.
hated the lipgloss really thick and gloopy.the black gold pencil was so hard it dragged.
love the blusher and eyeshadow and brushes. very nice quality.
oh and the eyeshadow base is nice and so is the brow tech fantastic stuff.

i buy my fav stuff on the bay so i can pick and choose.

Latest posts

Back