Mally stick eye shadow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Could I just ask is the Mally eye shadow that is in the TSV ok for older eye lids? with her keep saying its bullet proof and will be on in 4 days time if you don`t remove it I wondered if it acentuated older skin that tends to be a bit crapey(sp) Is there anything else in there too that isn`t good for older skin...I`ve never used any of her make up and when you are on a limited income better to get advice than waste P&P on returns...thanks

They do go on easy and blend so think they will be ok for you but it does not last more than 1 hr on me even with her eye primer. I can use them as eyeliner and they stay on all day so i must have oily eyelids but my skin is dry?

They do last on me, I have dry skin, but you have to watch the colours a bit as some can be quite glittery.

Bobbi Brown does a few which are matt and easy to use. The SA admitted to me that some of them are two metalic shimmery for anyone older. Laura Mercier also does them, and some of hers are satin like finish so easy to wear. I wouldn't use any of them without a eye primer under.

I'm just loving Laura Mercier I've brought a whole load of her products back from Florida.
Lynn

I've bought the Mally eyesticks a few weeks ago in Platinum. I ended up sending them back. I have very oily eyelids and no eyeshadow has ever really lasted on me for very long. The Dusk was a nice colour (brown), but I did not like the Platinum as I found it too light and a bit sparkly. They lasted about 3 hours on my lids before they started to crease/vanish so they are definitely not 'bullet proof' - well at least not on me, and I did use an eye primer. I have since bought some Urban Decay 24/7 sticks and they are better - still not bullet proof but longer lasting than the Mally. I have just also bought (yesterday) a Bobbi Brown shadow stick but haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it is any good, but when I tried it on my hand in the shop I struggled to remove it! So I have high hopes.

If you pat on a tiny bit of Benefit's 'Stay don't Stray' on first, any eye shadow will be fine. It also gets rid of any redness. It's brill!

The Mally stick shadows have been ok on my old eyelids but find the stick doesn't last that long and is prone to breaking easily. This week went into Boots and bought the Clinique chubby crayon in a colour called Willow. It is slightly metallic but not crazily so. It is very long lasting on your lids and does not crease even though I have oily eyelids. You can wind it up to use it and it is substantial in size. I think after buying at least 5or 6 Mally sticks I have now switched brand to Clinique.

I bought a set of 5 of the Mally eyesticks and I`m in my very late 50`s. I prefer some colours to others but they last on me and I find it better to only stroke them on lightly and then smooth with a fingertip before it dries. To be honest the best eye shadows i`ve ever used are from Elemental Beauty website, they`re loose mineral powders and seem to just float over the eyelids, don`t cake and don`t accentuate creases. You can use them wet or dry, I prefer dry. I like the Mally but won`t buy any more of them and will stick to my mineral ones in future.

Thanks everyone think I`ll give it a miss Is Laura Mercer available here ? will check out the Clinique one too :)

Lasts all day on me too. The white evercolour sticks last better on me than the shiney age rebel tubes that were in the last TSV. I use LG eye spackle underneath but not the Mally eye primer. If you don't have dark lids like I do I would apply straight onto a clean dry eyelid.

I use the eyeshadows by HighTech cosmetics and they last all day. I've also used the Mally ones in the past and found those stayed all day too and I don't use a primer.

I am in my 60s and they last all day on me even in the heat, here.
I have tried many brands, some very expensive, wasted a small fortune on them, but hers have been the only ones that live up to their hype.I don't use eye primer....

Forget Laura Mercier if you live in Cornwall!!! (Sorry a moan there!!), well Exeter now have a John Lewis (yipee!), which sells LM, but not sure about the whole range. I was amazed that Exeter's House of Fraser's beauty hall is tiny and don't stock many brands that I was expecting them to, even Plymouth (my local one) has MAC! London or any other major city seem to have everything!! On a visit to London to visit my son last Oct half term, we went to Selfridges, my daughter and I went in open-mouthed, they had EVERYTHING in there, lol, and nearly got lost, their beauty hall is so big!!! Talk about being spoilt for choice :) Oh yes, that is where I bought my LM tinted moisturiser lol

Latest posts

Back