Mally make up. Thoughts please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I relly like the Mally items that i use (Mascara - best ever, adjustable coverage foundation, blusher and the skin finisher) but as others have said, pick & choose what works for you....i dont like some of her other stuff

One thing to mention - I have really sensitive skin and Mally stuff doesnt irritate it at all which is a bonus :)

One thing puzzles me, why do many of the Mally compacts appear to be refillable - where the cardboard surround will lift out of the compact - but they never sell any refills. For those who've found a product they like and would repurchase wouldn't it be a selling point to be able to buy a refil for slightly less money and less p&p?

Jude xx

LElover, I do think if you are in the market for trying a new mascara the Mally one is worth a try, if you can get it in a duo say so that if you do keep it, it's better value. But, at the moment I am feeling very nervous about ordering make up from QVC after reading the used items thread!:thinking: But I do like the Mally mascara and it is the only place to get it so I might re buy in the future. The clear face defender is only worth it for combating shine, it doesn't do much else but it does do that without the complications of powder. For me though it is too expensive just for that. I am trying to look at cheaper high street make up right now - it is easy to not explore how much is out there.

Last edited:
I have never been tempted to try Mally make up but do watch her shows and like her sense of humour. I wasnt very impressed by the demos yesterday though, it didnt seem to all come together if that makes sense and the eye shadow creams seemed really wishy washy and slippy. On the other hand I recently bought a set of Frontcover to try (moondance £14) and its great. Nice baked shadows, unusual nail colour and a gorgeous greeny metallic eye cream. The baked shadows not quite as good as LG though, but its lovely evening make up.

I bought the "Try Me" a few weeks ago. Gawd knows why, 'cos I really didn't need any more make up.
But, apart from the lip gloss, which is 'orrible, I love it.

I use the concealer as a eye primer and the shadow stick is fantastic - it really does not budge/crease. I can put it on at 4 in the morning at it still there at 8 at night. It also seems to hold other colour, if I add a bit of powder shadow for instance.
The mascara is also brilliant, stays all day with no smudging, yet comes of easily when I want it to.
The eyeliner is O.K.. Actually find it better on the waterline or for tightlining, rather then as actual liner on the upper lid. But, think that's more the fact that I'm not great at applying liner.
The powder in the concealer compact, I use sparingly as a highlighter
i too bought the 'try me' and its very good value. The concealer is excellent, the eyeshadow stick a very wearable colour and it does last all day - takes a bit to get it off - the eyeliner is also very easy to apply. Lip gloss is ok but nothing is as good as BB or BE imo.
Ive just ordered 2 more sets as my daughter was so impressed when she did my make up she now wants the eyeshadow and concealer (she already swears by the mascara).
To be honest you can't go wrong for the price even if you didn't like every piece.

I have tried both Laura Geller and Mally. Although I like LG presenting style better, I prefer Mally products. LG b&b is too drying on my skin and I can't get the perfect shade. I can't see a difference in primers from either brand, they are both fine. I did not like LG eyeliner, I love Mally's. I adore the Mally foundations too, and have about 3 different kinds. I also like BE mineral foundation. Mally liquid lipstick suits me in the pink shade, it looks much more natural on the lips. Mally's mascara is probably the best I have ever used and the evercolour stick eyeshadows are amazing, and really easy to apply. Mally blush (both cream and powder) are very natural looking on the skin.

I have used all kinds of very expensive and cheap make up over the years, from major department stores and QVC alike. Mally product, at least on me, are amongst the best I have ever used, and some of her sets are very good value for money. You only need to use a tiny dab of her products and they are effective and last all day. I agree that her products look the best on the presenters, and this has been my experience too. I am trying out the poreless face defender at the moment and, as someone who hates powder and finds it too drying, I am loving this.

Not everyone will like the same brand, everyone's skin is different so like skincare your make up will suit some but not others. In my case Mally is a winner.

Is rentagob staying at home this visit? Do hope so, for the sake of my crystal and peter Jones cut glass, evertime she shrieks, I do worry about shatters. Ner mouth is so big, shrieking 'Miss THING' whatever that means

No problem LElover. You may wish to check out the beautypedia reviews, Minim has mentioned Paula thingy and that's her site. Mally products do very well on there (or at least the ones I use!). Mally products not tested on animals too. Thumbs up Mally.

I have ordered some Mally products in the past & returned them, a very fine powder that made me look as though I'd been dipped in a bag of flour, & an anti shine compact.I find they make everyone look heavily made up and very expensive for what they are.The mascara seems to get good reviews though.Although they bang on & on about the 30 day MBG it is an expensive way of trying, an average of £7- £8 so prefer to stick to products I can try in the shops.

Latest posts

Back