Mally Beauty TSV 18/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I bought the pencils - twice actually - and really like them. The liner side works well to prevent bleeding into lines around lips. This liner feels firmer - and stays in place better - than Lancôme and BobbiB which I also use. The fatter side can be worn alone for a very plumping, natural look. It also makes a terrific base for lipstick or gloss. Mally suggested joining across the bow and it seems to work well for me also. All in all, these would be one of my favourite Mally products that actually live up to the hype. I await delivery of the tsv with some trepidation now as I was sold in the blusher in the demos!

Thanks for your reply. I was on wait list for the light/mediums but after I read your reply I didn't want to wait and ordered the light version which is still in stock. They arrived this morning and I'm thrilled with them and the colour is great. I have big lips anyway and so haven't overlined but it has given my lips youthful definition. I have started to be self conscious that I'm starting to get that droop but defining the shape of my lips seems to have made a huge difference. Thanks for the recommendation just need to decide whether to cancel the medium on wait list. Is the difference in colour going to add anything to my makeup stash?

You must have the same as me - light/medium. The other options are fair and tan. Mally says buy to suit your skin tone. I was thinking of getting the fair as well, though, when wearing paler lipsticks. I ended up returning the tsv as I agreed with reviewers who said the blusher was totally useless - no colour payoff at all. Did not like the feel of the foundation and not enough coverage for me. Have way too many primers and thought it was similar to Becca backlight which I have. Too many mascaras in my stash and the gold eye stick was no good for my hooded eyes. Wish I had not given in to the hype and wasted money on postage!

You must have the same as me - light/medium. The other options are fair and tan. Mally says buy to suit your skin tone. I was thinking of getting the fair as well, though, when wearing paler lipsticks. I ended up returning the tsv as I agreed with reviewers who said the blusher was totally useless - no colour payoff at all. Did not like the feel of the foundation and not enough coverage for me. Have way too many primers and thought it was similar to Becca backlight which I have. Too many mascaras in my stash and the gold eye stick was no good for my hooded eyes. Wish I had not given in to the hype and wasted money on postage!

Yes it's fair not light I have and have light medium on wait list. The colours all look so similar on the screen. I am guessing from what info I have cobbled together that the light medium may be a bit more pink than the fair I'm glad I went ahead with the fair. I didn't buy the TSV Nothing in it for me. I bought a 10 drawer trolley from Amazon last week for all my makeup and it is full. At least now I can see exactly what I have and find it to use it now. Where as before I would forget what I had already got and not be able to find what I wanted to use with it in all different boxes and bags. Hoping I can start being more sensible about what I buy!

Yes it's fair not light I have and have light medium on wait list. The colours all look so similar on the screen. I am guessing from what info I have cobbled together that the light medium may be a bit more pink than the fair I'm glad I went ahead with the fair. I didn't buy the TSV Nothing in it for me. I bought a 10 drawer trolley from Amazon last week for all my makeup and it is full. At least now I can see exactly what I have and find it to use it now. Where as before I would forget what I had already got and not be able to find what I wanted to use with it in all different boxes and bags.

DunmowDizzy, well done on reorganising your makeup - I did something similar at the weekend was horrified at how much I had of both makeup and toiletries, so I cancelled all my advanced orders and will now sit on my hands as regards makeup/toiletry purchases. In the past, I've bought lipsticks twice because I forgot I had them :mysmilie_493:

Yes it's fair not light I have and have light medium on wait list. The colours all look so similar on the screen. I am guessing from what info I have cobbled together that the light medium may be a bit more pink than the fair I'm glad I went ahead with the fair.

Yes, the light medium has quite a bit of colour particularly the liner end which is a definite purple pink.

Yes it's fair not light I have and have light medium on wait list. The colours all look so similar on the screen. I am guessing from what info I have cobbled together that the light medium may be a bit more pink than the fair I'm glad I went ahead with the fair. I didn't buy the TSV Nothing in it for me. I bought a 10 drawer trolley from Amazon last week for all my makeup and it is full. At least now I can see exactly what I have and find it to use it now. Where as before I would forget what I had already got and not be able to find what I wanted to use with it in all different boxes and bags. Hoping I can start being more sensible about what I buy!

DunmowDizzy I think I need one too, which one is this please?

Just to echo you eilis, I wish I had not given in to the hype, kicking myself now! I'm yet to send it back and hardly used it at all after trying it on its arrival. I was hoping that Mally's make up had improved since I bought her ever first TSV.

I see that the TSV is now on 3 EP but they din't bother to put it on the introductory price!

I bought some more No7 shadow sticks today and one of them Glistering Ray is identical to Mally's Gold one in the TSV if anyone is interested. It looks great over the Coffee Bean (brown) when the golden one is applied towards the inner corner from around the mid of the eyelid. I'm loving these eye sticks! Bought the lip lacquer as well but not worn it yet. Their brow pencils stay on too but I found it a bit too hard on application for my liking.

They also seemed to be selling the same kits on every hour. I remember the days when Mally had loads of kits at fab prices now the pickings are very slim.

I don't know what has possessed them to adopt this strategy. I misheard Lee from Tarte saying they'd be back at 11am, and was dismayed to tune in at 11pm the next day to find Chuntley rubbing noses with a Charlie Bear's cat. When I checked on the website, though, I saw that they had shown more or less the same products in every one of Tarte's anniversary shows. I don't even watch all the Lola Rose hours any more, as there's no point. You would think they would realise that, if they take away our reasons to tune in, we will just select what we want to buy (or not) online, which will eliminate the possibility of them being able to talk us into any additional unplanned purchases. I frequently wonder whether they've got any business sense whatsoever.

It's great to get organised. I bought a storage solution with 4 little baskets on a wooden frame from Homebase (alas, no longer available) for all my beauty box bits, and it's been brilliant to see what I have and be able to find and use things so much easier. Only problem is that they're so rammed that it's quite a tussle getting them in and out, but that's not the storage's fault! Also recently bought this acrylic makeup storage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014UUGMZC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Can't remember what I paid for it, a bit less than that I think. There's definitely cheaper out there, but it looks really nice on my dresser and I've been really impressed with the quality. In the process of organising that, have only put my pallets in there so far. I've been trying to cut back on my beauty spending, too, and use things up. Going quite well so far. Only one (admittedly quite expensive!) trip to SpaceNK so far this year. I've been making a wish list, and I'm finding that, with a lot of things, if I can resist the initial urge, when I check back a couple of weeks later I often don't want the item as much. The urge to buy items like the Hourglass palette I'm currently coveting is going nowhere, but at least that way I know I really want it!

Latest posts

Back