made specially for qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
i find myself torn when there is a handbag, piece of jewellery etc or a colour that has been made especially just for qvc. I go between thinking that's good i'll have something exclusive too thinking is this something the shops didn't want and they're trying to palm it off on us at quite a high cost. what do you think?

Makes me smile when I hear that items are ~exclusive~ to QVC, puts me right off, as if QVC is such a designer label to own!!! I don't think! Oh wow! someone else shops at QVC...mmm..not exactly Harrods is it!

daydreamer

It depends what it is. If it was a piece of make up or nail varnish and I liked the colour it probably wouldn't factor very much into my decision.

However, I do get really annoyed that Lulu Guinness TSVs are "made especially for QVC" and they don't bear a whole lot of resemblance to the cute quirky handbags in her signature line. I feel as if they made some random generic bag and stuck Lulu Guinness branding on it to justify the high price.

Now, if Lulu Guinness really did design a bag especially for QVC - with all the little details and quirks that we expect from Lulu Guinness handbags then that would be a whole different matter.

As it stands at present I feel as if I'm being conned.

LG if you're reading, :D I'd like a non shiny shoulder bag lined in a version of the lips print with matching purse / clutch and matching brolly with it's own compartment in the bag. A secret QVC logo somewhere or keyring would be cute too. If the purse was a mini version of your Lips Clutch that would be amazing.

No more of this "random bag with your name on it" business please!

Ah made especially for QVC.

Such classics as:

The B&W one eyed croc on the bag.

The Kiplings without the pen holders and extra pockets.

We won't mention Kim & Co, that would be just down right nasty.:D

it does put me off - I've had the odd kipling made specially for qvc and it was really poor quality and yes I had the one eyed croc bag too - being made especially for qvc certainly doesn't sway me to buy it

Makes me smile when I hear that items are ~exclusive~ to QVC, puts me right off, as if QVC is such a designer label to own!!! I don't think! Oh wow! someone else shops at QVC...mmm..not exactly Harrods is it!

daydreamer

Me too, I always get that sinking feeling when I hear that; now there is no hiding from exactly where you got it from! And also as with Lulu Guinness it's not going to be as good, kept basic to keep the price down.

i find myself torn when there is a handbag, piece of jewellery etc or a colour that has been made especially just for qvc. I go between thinking that's good i'll have something exclusive too thinking is this something the shops didn't want and they're trying to palm it off on us at quite a high cost. what do you think?

I know exactly what you mean. When I was watching the steiff show the other evening, a limited edition bear was made especially for QVC. It occurred to me that, whereas usually a steiff increases in value with time, as would a bear made for, say, a royal/historical event, would a bear made for a shopping channel increase in value also? I tend to believe not.
With nail care, for instance, I do think that colours are made to keep QVC happy, giving them something the shops don't have. If you're buying something because you like it, and not as an investment, does it really matter why it is made exclusively for QVC?

Latest posts

Back