Lying guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
That guest (Lori?) currently on the luxury jewellery hour is such a blatant liar! Micheal just asked her if she liked a cocktail (they were talking about a cocktail ring) and she replied: "Oh, erm, yeah. I kind of like the orange one. Is it a Cosmo?" Everything about her tone, timing and manner suggested she was lying and was very uncomfortable with the question. Earlier she spoke about her friend making her go through a trash can to find some lost diamonds. Micheal asked her if the person who found the diamond earrings got a prize. She replied: "Oh, um, I don't really remember!" Really, Lori?!

Has anyone else noticed there is something not quite right with this guest?

Yes she is a liar. She says for every QVC diamond, that you'd be hard pushed to get a better quality diamond ring at that price, yet doesn't tell you the carat weight, cut, colour or clarity of any of the diamonds, apart from that you're not as hard pushed as you'd think because you can buy better diamonds almost anywhere. Their diamonds are rubbish, that's why QVC jewellery isn't recognised by any reputable jeweller who wouldn't touch a QVC piece with a barge pole, of course Lori fails to tell you this, she doesn't even tell you if they're ethically mined. QVC had a one carat diamond ring for over one thousand pound made up of diamond chips, in my local jewellers they had a beautiful seventy point solitaire (almost 3/4 of a carat) excellent cut, colour and clarity for under a thousand, I know which one I'd go for.

This is the Lori who appeared on an edition of the Posh Pawnbrokers - she wasn't named but I recognised her immediately ! wanting to sell a diamond ring and bracelet !

u
That guest (Lori?) currently on the luxury jewellery hour is such a blatant liar! Micheal just asked her if she liked a cocktail (they were talking about a cocktail ring) and she replied: "Oh, erm, yeah. I kind of like the orange one. Is it a Cosmo?" Everything about her tone, timing and manner suggested she was lying and was very uncomfortable with the question. Earlier she spoke about her friend making her go through a trash can to find some lost diamonds. Micheal asked her if the person who found the diamond earrings got a prize. She replied: "Oh, um, I don't really remember!" Really, Lori?!

would it have made you happy if she had declared she had a drinking problem?

This is the Lori who appeared on an edition of the Posh Pawnbrokers - she wasn't named but I recognised her immediately ! wanting to sell a diamond ring and bracelet !

For her sake I hope they weren't bought from QVC, the poor bugger will never shift them. :mysmilie_17:

Wouldn't touch their expensive jewellery with a bargepole. It was a blatant case of fib-telling about a piece of jewellery that stopped me buying anything from Q, and this became apparent when I got the item home. As you've said, they don't tell you the colour, clarity, cut or whether the mining is ethical, and only very infrequently do they say anything about carat weight (and even then I wouldn't trust them, after my experience). If they are so confident of how good their jewellery is, why don't they display more information on screen? Why don't they give a certificate of authenticity? I think we all know the answer to that one! Buying a ring with trillions of microscopic diamonds - quality unspecified - does not guarantee that you are getting something valuable, and paying over a grand for a load of microscopic diamonds - what's the point? Gems prattle on about a ring being "4 carats of diamonds" but the ring's made up of loads of tiny diamonds - you are much better off buying a decent solitaire rather than the sweepings of the diamond cutting-room floor, so who are they kidding? It's high time all these disingenuous comments about what a valuable ring you're getting were squashed by the ASA, as it's complete carp. Buy it if you love it and have the money, but don't expect to get a good valuation on it.
Yes she is a liar. She says for every QVC diamond, that you'd be hard pushed to get a better quality diamond ring at that price, yet doesn't tell you the carat weight, cut, colour or clarity of any of the diamonds, apart from that you're not as hard pushed as you'd think because you can buy better diamonds almost anywhere. Their diamonds are rubbish, that's why QVC jewellery isn't recognised by any reputable jeweller who wouldn't touch a QVC piece with a barge pole, of course Lori fails to tell you this, she doesn't even tell you if they're ethically mined. QVC had a one carat diamond ring for over one thousand pound made up of diamond chips, in my local jewellers they had a beautiful seventy point solitaire (almost 3/4 of a carat) excellent cut, colour and clarity for under a thousand, I know which one I'd go for.

I know she is an American living in the UK, but frankly I wish she would go back to the States. I am not a huge fan of American's anyway ( I know I am generalise and stereotyping here), but I find the whole 'race' (I know a large part stem from the UK initially) (just think as them as the 'English Mutants'), but still she seems way over the top insincere, I much prefer Alison (though I know she predominantly does Dimonique), or there is a man (can't remember his name), who sometimes does Jewellery hours (he has glasses, that is all I can remember about him), but no I am not keen, though lets face it with regards to the 'lying', most will exaggerate, but that is mostly about the product and not general day to day life!

Latest posts

Back