Lulu Time Bomb TSV 17/12/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The daydream is horrible. I've almost finished the pot and i'll be glad when I have. It is like zinc cream that people used to put on babies bottoms. I fell for the celebrity endorsement. I would be amazed if Lulu actually used it regularly.

I love the day cream, mine is nothing like zinc cream!. It sinks in beautifully and leaves a matt finish.
Has made a difference to my skin. The day serum is lovely and keeps my skin from dehydrating during the day. Hope the tsv is a good one.

The daydream is horrible. I've almost finished the pot and i'll be glad when I have. It is like zinc cream that people used to put on babies bottoms. I fell for the celebrity endorsement. I would be amazed if Lulu actually used it regularly.

Lulu uses products, but none are bottled, mostly in syringes. Her new rejuvenation 'look' tonight suspects the following procedures:

Firstly, one does not need cream to rejuvenate the skin to remove or roll back wrinkles Laser tightening works amazingly well for this, coupled with collagen. blah blah blah... it looks like Lulus latest Christmas pamper included:
  • central upper lip reshaping (to lift the upper lip) possibly Juvederm
  • Laser skin tighening/resurfacing possibly Thermage, Titan or Refirme
  • Without a doubt - fillers. Looks like Voluma or Radiesse and Juvederm Ultra on nasolabial points
  • Botox

Perhaps its best to say what she DOESN'T have :mysmilie_12:

There is no way on this earth any of her products would give your skin the look she personally has, it would be like a gym bunny saying she gains her fit look by eating chips & mars bars.

Ladies, save your ££. Save up for a nice laser pamper. Its really worth it, sure you look a bit sunburnt for a week, but long term, amazing !

Lotions potions are so yesterday. Sold by sellers who TBH, are just there to earn a living.

Last edited:
Lulus skin looks rubbery too me , its incredible smooth and doesn't look natural, I very much doubt its down to any of her skincare range...

lulu (2).jpg

Totally agree. I tried it out of curiosity and the day cream(as you said) is awful, it offers no nourishment or moisture, let alone anything else. LuLu is so insincere. Another thing is she thinks having won an award in the Anti-Aging Beauty Bile must means her product is good. I have tried several products that won awards and personally found not too many of them lived up to the hype. I think she must skimp on the ingredients. And I agree there is NO WAY she uses her own products because the quality isn't very good.

I think those Beauty Bible books are a bit of a con.

Agree about Lulu, just don't believe her hype. The shape of her face changes on a fairly regular basis. You just need to google images of her to see that how she looks now bears no comparison to how her younger face would have aged naturally with good skin.It's just a completely different shape. She looked older in her forties than she does now but she's beginning to have that weird puffy look in some areas.
Her hair plays a big part in her image. She obviously has additions to it round the crown area & cultivates a slightly disheveled look to appear younger. A fringe covers a multitude of sins.

So confused about whether or not to go for this as am looking for a new skin care regime (although I do agree with the surgical 'help' Lulu has had) and spluttered over my tea when she explained how the range came about (what bunkum) and found it offensive that she thought we would all believe it. However, I ask myself does the skincare actually do what it says on the tin. The Q reviews are so mixed, and the point that 'it is nice to use but does not actually do anything' is made often which is making me lean towards a non-purchase.
On the topic of the Beauty Bible; one year I got it for Christmas and decided that through the year I would work through it and buy the top rated as and when I could to see what I had been missing - what a shocker, most of it was over-rated, over-expensive and I just did not agree with the girls who wrote it - never again. So when guests of Q say it 'is in the beauty bible' it means nothing to me. I would rather check on here to see what people with no stake in the outcome think and get a totally honest opinion.

Well I have to say that I love Lulu's products and they have worked for me. I have been using now for nearly a year. I am 52 and I used to use Judith Williams but tried lulu's when it was a tsv and have been really pleased with the result. My skin always feels comfortable now, is more even toned and more refined. I always use one of her complexion serums after cleansing (lulu's cleanser in the morning, emma hardie moringa balm at night) then I use the day serum underneath the day cream and the night serum under the night cream. I can honestly say my skin remains hydrated and plumped throughout the day - no other face products have achieved this with me - I used to get lines and deflated cheeks by the end of the day iykwim.
In the morning after using the night cream my skin is smooth and dewy with no signs of dehydration.

For me it doesnt matter one hoot that it is lulu fronting this range of products. In fact, I have more respect for lulu coming on TV and "owning up" to her products than all these so called celebs who get paid loads for saying they use X Y and Z. She looks amazing for a lady of 65 imo, regardless...

She's not owning up to the products. I'm of the opinion that she doesn't use them. She is just the celebrity fronting the product. She may have some the financial involvement with the product.

Now I'm even more confused Reflexgirl lol - may try and purchase some from ebay to test, what I really need is a 'try me' kit!

Well I have to say that I love Lulu's products and they have worked for me. I have been using now for nearly a year. I am 52 and I used to use Judith Williams but tried lulu's when it was a tsv and have been really pleased with the result. My skin always feels comfortable now, is more even toned and more refined. I always use one of her complexion serums after cleansing (lulu's cleanser in the morning, emma hardie moringa balm at night) then I use the day serum underneath the day cream and the night serum under the night cream. I can honestly say my skin remains hydrated and plumped throughout the day - no other face products have achieved this with me - I used to get lines and deflated cheeks by the end of the day iykwim.
In the morning after using the night cream my skin is smooth and dewy with no signs of dehydration.

For me it doesnt matter one hoot that it is lulu fronting this range of products. In fact, I have more respect for lulu coming on TV and "owning up" to her products than all these so called celebs who get paid loads for saying they use X Y and Z. She looks amazing for a lady of 65 imo, regardless...

Hey Speckledhen, why not get the TSV and use the extended MBG to try it properly? you would probably pay postage of sorts on the bay anyway and not have a MBG. Maybe this is worth the postage to have a good old try of a big chunk of the range. I personally think Lulu looks pretty fine for her age whether she has been under the knife or not.

Well, speckledhen, if you really do want to try it, I suppose now is a better time than any. You'll get the extended warranty to give it a good try out. Just be careful not to use more than the allowed amount if you decide to return it.

A pretty good bargain on the high street at the moment is the boxed complete set of the various Boots No 7 ranges for different ages. You get day & night creams, serums, eye creams & a few extras, all full sizes for less than half price. I keep going back to their ranges after forays into more expensive ranges as they've worked for me. I'm usually told I look nowhere near my age.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-The-Ultimate-Collection_1375459/
Or
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=1400905

Now I'm even more confused Reflexgirl lol - may try and purchase some from ebay to test, what I really need is a 'try me' kit!

Sorry, didnt mean to confuse! Just stating my experience. I am not so cynical as others and happen to disagree about lulu, I think she does use her products - not trying to be argumentative, just my opinion.

Anyhow, I think the TSV is good value if you want to have a good try of some of lulus products - it will only cost the p&p to try. The handcream is really lovely:happy:

Latest posts

Back